Grahovac's happiness with Texas A&M

8,085 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Jugstore Cowboy
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There seemed to be a lot of rumors around here of daddy Grahovac not being pleased with the development of Gavin and a potential transfer. Seems those that claimed to be in the know, might not have been.

https://twitter.com/mike_grahovac?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1803870454022623517%7Ctwgr%5Eec6eed7ae139d687f58521267c41d5ae1f099854%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F16%2Ftopics%2F3274372%2F1322
Muy
AG
Love this
Capstone
AG
I believe somebody hacked his TexAgs account and was posting all kinds of stuff about Gavin being gone after this year and being unhappy with the coaching taking away his aggressiveness at the plate.

I might have this part wrong, but I think it was Trouble who was able to contact him (maybe thru X) and inquire. He (Mike - Gavin's dad) acknowledged that Gavin and the family was happy with A&M and it wasn't him posting the garbage on TexAgs.
Aggie Class of 2026
Go Aggies
drthoop
AG
I just talked to Mike here in Omaha.
People need to quit getting their panties in a wad every time some sip or closet sip posts something stupid. Grow a damn pair.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
fav13andac1)c
AG
Nm. My response wasn't directed at you drthoop
drthoop
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Nm
I do know him.
drthoop
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Didn't think it was. I'm just sick of the woe is me attitude on these boards.
Dammit we're playing for a Natty here and everyone is crying in their damn beer.
trouble
AG
Yes, I discussed it with him and we got it all straightened out. I had the chance to meet him after the super
Aggie Class of 2026
Capstone said:

I believe somebody hacked his TexAgs account and was posting all kinds of stuff about Gavin being gone after this year and being unhappy with the coaching taking away his aggressiveness at the plate.

I might have this part wrong, but I think it was Trouble who was able to contact him (maybe thru X) and inquire. He (Mike - Gavin's dad) acknowledged that Gavin and the family was happy with A&M and it wasn't him posting the garbage on TexAgs.

Creepy
trouble
AG
He's a hoot. Tell him I said hi.
fav13andac1)c
AG
drthoop said:

fav13andac1)c said:

Didn't think it was. I'm just sick of the woe is me attitude on these boards.
Dammit we're playing for a Natty here and everyone is crying in their damn beer.

Not me my guy. I'm only crying because…I'm just so HAPPY. I'll compose myself and be ready to go on Saturday.
drthoop
AG
It's all good folks. You can't believe how great it is to be here for the whole damn thing.
See you soon Jen.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Good reminder - for those who need it - to always ignore personal rumors and gossip about players or their families.

When you see it, don't reply to it, and don't repeat it in a rush to have "inside" information. It's never from the inside. Flag it if it's on this board.

Now if it's an obvious sip troll, then feel free to have fun personally attacking the troll without dragging the players or their families into it
ThunderFighter06
AG
A few months ago, I recall seeing a tweet from Mike Grahovac's account that strongly suggested Gavin would transfer if Olsen Field was not expanded. Thought that seemed suspicious. Luckily, shortly thereafter, the baseball board sleuths confirmed that Mike's account had been hacked!
Wabs
AG
If you listened to GG's interview on SECN after the game, you could tell he's happy at A&M.
cj774
AG
Wabs said:

If you listened to GG's interview on SECN after the game, you could tell he's happy at A&M.

"That's all just a smokescreen for how he REALLY feels…"

- tsip t shirt fan on Surlyhorns
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
ThunderFighter06 said:

A few months ago, I recall seeing a tweet from Mike Grahovac's account that strongly suggested Gavin would transfer if Olsen Field was not expanded. Thought that seemed suspicious. Luckily, shortly thereafter, the baseball board sleuths confirmed that Mike's account had been hacked!
The notion of a player leaving over future facility conditions is so preposterous that you can see why it would get legs. Athletes transfer over their concerns for the future happiness of fans all the time.

"Yeah, no, it's not about the money or playing time or championships. None of that silly stuff. I just happen to be really concerned about whatever the fans on message boards are *****ing about this week. I want those fans to be happy with stadium plans that will be completed several years after I'm gone - that's all."
EliteZags
AG
he was coaching throwing distance from UC Irvine (where students can live on the beach) when they went to their 2nd CWS so we're pretty blessed to have landed GG

they also live right next to Fullerton
Maroon Flash
AG
LA is no paradise.
Maroon Flash
EliteZags
AG
Newport Beach
much cleaner
RED AG 98
AG
For the record, I initially posted the concern months ago because he commented on a premium game thread, to which Brauny replied "and dad would know" or similar. This post was benign but there were dozens of posts by the same account on free and premium game threads that were bad, really bad. I was very surprised no one said anything and I didn't either for a few weeks until it happened again on a free game thread.

I wasn't scared, I wasn't woe is me, I just made the connection purely on coincidence and pointed out RB himself had said that account was dad. .. I'm glad someone got in touch with him personally to let him know what was going on and then he corresponded with trouble and staph to get it cleaned up…
RED AG 98
AG
P.S. he's one of my absolute favorites on the team. What he's done as a true freshman at a position he's never played is nearly unbelievable. He's an absolute 5 tool stud that will be able to play this game for a very long time if that's what he chooses.
drthoop
AG
Sorry, seemed "woe is me" to me.
RED AG 98
AG
Maybe some were. But my original post wasn't that at all, at least that was not my intention. Just factually pointed out that account said he was leaving over and over again, and that the main baseball guy on TA had confirmed it was his dad…
uneedastraw
It gets pretty dang close to paradise if you go 45+ miles south of LA. You just have to be available to afford some of the stupidity.
StinkyPinky
AG
cj774 said:

Wabs said:

"That's all just a smokescreen for how he REALLY feels…"

- tsip t shirt fan on Surlyhorns

Yep. He's following Schloss to Austin…
TAMU1990
AG
Man, I must have missed this. That's ok. Just damn happy.
RED AG 98
AG
drthoop said:

I just talked to Mike here in Omaha.
People need to quit getting their panties in a wad every time some sip or closet sip posts something stupid. Grow a damn pair.

You were probably at the game when this went down and didn't see it play out in real time so I'd just like you to understand my side - and what you said above is not a fair assessment of what happened at all. If you or derm or anyone else that is very well respected here posted for weeks on end that a coach or a player was unhappy and going to leave, a lot of people would take notice and be concerned. I am not a damned sip and my posting history is nothing at all like what you're suggesting. And maybe the comment wasn't directed to me and there was other stuff here I wasn't aware of, but I certainly took it personally since I'm the one that asked him to stop making the bizarre comments and made the connection initially.

This wasn't a sip rumor. This wasn't stupid. This was a vetted account on TA with some stuff that was troubling. No idea if now I did it was correct but I'm glad it was cleaned up and made right.

Call me out all you care to for what I did or how but the other bits are too much.

With that, no more posting on this topic at all from me. I'm super excited to be in Omaha with my kid and the Ags for the 4th time and super happy for all of you that have been following for much longer than I. What an amazing moment for our team, Texas A&M, and us as fans.

I'd love to buy you a beer on Saturday.
trouble
AG
And you should get to meet me!
RED AG 98
AG
In!
Sean98
AG
Wait, if I'm mean to you do I get a free beer as well?? How much of an A-hole do I need to be to get 2 beers??
trouble
AG
Just be yourself
drthoop
AG
I'm not calling anybody out just sick of the crap I read on here.
I'll be in Row 29 Saturday. Home 116. Away 108. Come find me please. I'd love to meet everybody.
Randy Rhodes
Where were the rumors? Seem bs to me
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.