*****Aggies vs. Florida - College World Series - Wednesday*****

293,706 Views | 3799 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by you moran
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Killzone3abc said:

I'm genuinely contemplating sleeping in my truck to afford going this weekend.
I wanna go so bad but I'm afraid I'll jinx it. I am literally the unluckiest SOB I've ever known
fracman
AG
That is all!!!!!
Charlie Moran
AG
And I thought watching us beat the sips 2 years ago was fun. …….
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
you moran
AG
According to the 12th man website write-up regarding Lamkin - "while striking out a Texas A&M all-time College World Series record nine batters".

Good job Justin.

https://12thman.com/news/2024/6/20/baseball-no-3-aggies-earn-spot-in-college-world-series-final
All I do is Nguyen
This may be the high from making the natty but we need to extend Schloss. Offer him whatever he wants. Max Weiner too
1991sir
No, you're correct. That's what Trev Alberts better do.. if not I hope he isn't here long.
SAaggie2011
AG
Gig 'em, Ags! Normally follow the game threads in real time but watched with my 3 sons last night and didn't want to be on my phone the entire time. Now I'm here to relive the highlights and posting because selfishly I just want to be on a historic thread

So pumped for our team and for Aggies everywhere. No one would have been too surprised if our boys fell short given the key injuries, but they were having none of it! The team's "GOOD" mantra has really been needed here in Omaha and they have continually risen to the occasion.

UT will be tough but I believe we can do it! BTHO the Vols!
AgLA06
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

This may be the high from making the natty but we need to extend Schloss. Offer him whatever he wants. Max Weiner too

For the love of Jimbo!
Randy Rhodes
Why are we always in a rush to extent contracts and give raises to anyone who wins a little?

If Schloss asks for an extension or raise then you work on it, but if he doesn't there's no need to just throw it at him

Like someone said on another thread, discuss with him what he needs to be even more successful here and give him that
Bondag
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

Why are we always in a rush to extent contracts and give raises to anyone who wins a little?

If Schloss asks for an extension or raise then you work on it, but if he doesn't there's no need to just throw it at him

Like someone said on another thread, discuss with him what he needs to be even more successful here and give him that

I think he may have hinted at wanting a bigger stadium once.
Moral High Horse
FTAG 2000 said:

Only thing left to do is take Peyton Manning's soul.

All I do is Nguyen
Randy Rhodes said:

Unlike Jimbo, Schloss has taken us to the CWS twice in three years, and now the natty series. He's earned it.
Randy Rhodes
All I do is Nguyen said:

Randy Rhodes said:

Unlike Jimbo, Schloss has taken us to the CWS twice in three years, and now the natty series. He's earned it.

Well if he asks then give it to him
Farmer1906
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

This is the wrong take. Precedent has been set by Florida, Virginia, Tennessee, Lsu, and probably more I am not thinking of. They've all extended their highly successful coaches into the 2030s whether they be long time coaches or new guys. Jim has not only our best season ever but the second-best one as well in only 3 seasons of work. We have a program 100 mi down the road looking to make a huge splash as they enter the SEC with reports that they've targeted Schloss.

You start the conversation and pay market value. Fulfill the vision he has for the stadium. Keep him happy. Become the powerhouse we've all dreamed of.
Noctilucent
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Randy Rhodes said:

This is the wrong take. Precedent has been set by Florida, Virginia, Tennessee, Lsu, and probably more I am not thinking of. They've all extended their highly successful coaches into the 2030s whether they be long time coaches or new guys. Jim has not only our best season ever but the second-best one as well in only 3 seasons of work. We have a program 100 mi down the road looking to make a huge splash as they enter the SEC with reports that they've targeted Schloss.

You start the conversation and pay market value. Fulfill the vision he has for the stadium. Keep him happy. Become the powerhouse we've all dreamed of.
Yeah, let's keep the winning types happy!
themissinglink
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Randy Rhodes said:

No kidding. I understand the hesitation after what has happened with football, but in 3 seasons, Schloss has already had 2 seasons that were more successful than our entire history prior to him. On his staff, we've hired an elite recruiter, elite hitting coach, and elite pitching coach. We have more pro talent on our roster than we've ever had. Not to mention the success he had at TCU.
AgLA06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Randy Rhodes said:

This is the wrong take. Precedent has been set by Florida, Virginia, Tennessee, Lsu, and probably more I am not thinking of.

It was with Jimbo as well. Specifically LSU.
1991sir
We offered Jimbo way more than we should have for the equivalent of winning one game in OMAHA. Schloss has proven he can do that and more. I'm not saying 75 million guaranteed. But if real estate is what's holding up a new stadium, he better find some real estate soon.
1991sir
You know what the all have in common?
AgLA06
AG
1991sir said:

We offered Jimbo way more than we should have for the equivalent of winning one game in OMAHA. Schloss has proven he can do that and more. I'm not saying 75 million guaranteed. But if real estate is what's holding up a new stadium, he better find some real estate soon.
That's not correct. It's just revisionist history.

We paid him for the equivalent of being 2-0 in Omaha and being one of the last 4 teams standing. Hindsight is 20-20, but it's pretty similar situations.
Farmer1906
AG
AgLA06 said:

1991sir said:

That's not correct. It's just revisionist history.

We paid him for the equivalent of being 2-0 in Omaha and being one of the last 4 teams standing. Hindsight is 20-20, but it's pretty similar situations.
I disagree somewhat. We set the market when signed Jimbo. No one else had a contract like his 10/75 M. Then when the market caught back up, we did it again. Schloss was paid a fair market value, but wasn't the top dog. What it takes to hold onto him might be market setting, but it might not be either.

We did it for Jimbo after 1 top 5 finish, 1 super equivalent season, and one 2/3 seed in a regional. Schloss is going to have 2 seasons better than Jimbo's best. Its similar, but Schloss also has an edge.

Just because it didn't work out with Jimbo, doesn't mean it won't work out with Schloss. If we're gunshy because we've been burned then we'll never keep a coach long term. We just have to be smart with out contracts.
LB12Diamond
AG
One area Schloss is knocking out of the park so far is replacing coaches.

Jimbo did not do very well with that one.
htxag09
AG
How many coaches had 10 year fully guaranteed contracts before Jimbo?
tandy miller
AG
FJB
akm91
AG
For me, fan tears, absolutely, but player tears, not so much.
tonytx05
AG
I really hate when ESPN puts these shots on TV. Focus on the team that's celebrating, and give those kids their moment. What a terrible thing to focus on and highlight someone in their worst moments.
swimmerbabe11
yeah there is nothing fun about that.

And Jac Caglianone about to having a panic attack in the presser was incredibly stressful for me. .. Also, Tyler sitting next to him looked like he would absolutely brawl anyone who looked at Jac the wrong way in that moment.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
tjack16 said:

Who will hit our first Omaha HR? I'm going Sorrell tonight

cmosser14
AG
Did NOT expect a Scott the Woz reference in this thread lol
BadMoonRisin
AG
DallasArchAg05
AG
Honestly wouldn't mind if you edited your post to remove this picture from the thread. Anyone who has played sports understands how hard the emotions can hit you when you realize the dreams you've worked for fell just out of reach, and I agree with the other poster who said they wished ESPN wouldn't show it. Let's stick to funny memes and Aggie celebrations, because we would not be thrilled with other fan bases posting similar pictures of our players.
Ag for Life
AG
DallasArchAg05 said:

Honestly wouldn't mind if you edited your post to remove this picture from the thread. Anyone who has played sports understands how hard the emotions can hit you when you realize the dreams you've worked for fell just out of reach, and I agree with the other poster who said they wished ESPN wouldn't show it. Let's stick to funny memes and Aggie celebrations, because we would not be thrilled with other fan based posting similar pictures of our players.

Agreed! Neely pitched his ass off this season and will definitely get his shot in the majors. Glad we won, but let's win with class like Ags always do!!
tandy miller
AG
DallasArchAg05 said:

Honestly wouldn't mind if you edited your post to remove this picture from the thread. Anyone who has played sports understands how hard the emotions can hit you when you realize the dreams you've worked for fell just out of reach, and I agree with the other poster who said they wished ESPN wouldn't show it. Let's stick to funny memes and Aggie celebrations, because we would not be thrilled with other fan bases posting similar pictures of our players.

Fair enough. You're right. Done. Thanks for bringing it up
FJB
Lance Uppercut
AG
Luckily no one can photograph me when I read "The Giving Tree"
WildcatAg
AG
ESPN continually showing footage of Neely after he came out of the game was yet another in a long line of terrible decisions made by a terrible organization.
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 109

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.