*****Aggies vs. Kentucky - College World Series - Monday*****

246,469 Views | 3492 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by BohunkAg
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was enjoyable tonight viewing the national live video broadcast of a game which was a part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Base-Ball tournament known as the Men's College World Series, which pitted official teams from two large public universities in the United States: the University of Kentucky and Texas A&M University, the latter being the oldest public university in the state of Texas, and of which I am an alumnus. Go team.
McInnis
AG
Not that it matters anymore, but interesting to check on the latest rpi update. The Aggies are back on top.

Ag1188
AG
MR Gadsden said:

I saw Jace getting on the bus as we were walking out of the stadium. He was moving fine walking up the steps into the bus.
They showed the footage of him signing autographs and walking to the bus on SEC Network's SEC NOW show. And the commentators said "if it was serious, you would think they would have ice on it already so maybe it's not that bad. "
Killzone3abc
AG
Iraq
Mozart Paintings
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

It was great to watch us crush the No. 2 Kentucky Wildcats 5-1 in the Double Elimination Round. As a result, we are 2-0 in the College World Series and one win away from our first ever College World Series First appearance. Also, we have improved to 6-0 in the NCAA Division I baseball tournament.

Why does this read like it was written by an AI bot?

Every post of his does.
EliteZags
AG
omitted crucial details like our school name, mascot, conference, season year
YellowPot_97
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

It was great to watch us crush the No. 2 Kentucky Wildcats 5-1 in the Double Elimination Round. As a result, we are 2-0 in the College World Series and one win away from our first ever College World Series First appearance. Also, we have improved to 6-0 in the NCAA Division I baseball tournament.

This thing is failing the Turing Test.
Charlie 31
AG
Mozart Paintings said:

waco_aggie05 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Every post of his does.
Iraq 2X Veteran is an AI Bot. We figured this out in February with its awkward AI/Chinese Community Party posts.
usmcbrooks
I'm guessing the obnoxious clanga of the cowbells is still acceptable....ban bubbles.

Eta: wrong thread
FTAG 2000
AG
Adam87inSA said:

Killzone3abc said:

OK really out there suggestion if Jace can't play.

Appel in LF (he played it at Penn) with Kaufer at C to just try and work walks (he's pretty good at that for some reason).
thinking that through… that moves Grahavoc back to 3B, Kent to 2B, and puts Binderup back on bench.

It's a viable option for sure. Appel has been SO GOOD behind the dish and handling the staff this week, though. I'd say it's a less likely viable option.

You can't take Appel out from behind home. He saved us Saturday. Can't mess with that situation, gotta figure it out elsewhere
TheBonifaceOption
McInnis said:

Not that it matters anymore, but interesting to check on the latest rpi update. The Aggies are back on top.

I hope we get good seeding in the postseason.
Charlie 31
AG

Hundred dollar bills, y'all!
RED AG 98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

htxag09 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Coach gonna tell Kent he should have worn that one too

When I went back and rewatched that game that cracked me up
doesn't matter. I hit a bomb

And this is when internet unfortunately died on the plane. Landed about an hour ago and finally saw the final score.

Ags win! Oh my gracious! How about that!
histag10
AG
AggieMD95 said:

you moran said:

Ags2013 said:

Dang. I've both pulled and torn my hamstring back in the day but I'm not gonna pretend to know what "a little bit" means.

If JL can DH then can achott play first and burton slide over to second ?

I don't realistically see Schott playing IF. He has pretty much always played OF, but with the knee injury, that seems unlikely. He is productive at the plate, and has done okay running the base path with the brace, but I would be worried about his knee putting him in positions that require him to plant his foot and change directions quickly to field balls.

We have other guys on the bench who are capable of coming in and playing OF.
Muy
AG
you moran said:

Kent is hot and feeling it. I would move him up. If Jace can go, maybe flip Kent with Sorrell at a minimum. If Jace can't go, +1 from there for everyone with new guy in the 8 hole and cnut still in 9 spot and Sorrell and Kent in the 5/6 spot, and Cami in the 7 hole - because only he can do it . Trust Schloss and the bottom of the order has been really productive thankfully but a little shuffle might maximize. I'm getting home run withdrawals bad. Like the shakes. But win however. This is a great team top to bottom. But Gavin's due.

Jace reached base 50% tonight.. again. Hopefully he can go.

Chestnut reached 50%. Over .450 in the post-season. Needs to swing the bat with authority again but still getting on base. And stole a base...again.

Schott (.336) and the other Ivy leaguer (.327) lead the team in hitting. For the overmatched guy.

Kent is the perfect leadoff batter.
aggie-1997
AG
With the win last night, I am guessing that puts us as the home team for the game on Wednesday night and we will be on the 3rd base side. Is that correct?
RED AG 98
AG
The postgame from UK Coach - 100% all class. Well done sir.
AgBQ-00
AG
Depends on who we face. If UK we are home. If UF we are away IIRC
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
Muy
AG
*it's happening gif*
P.U.T.U
AG
Muy said:

If he is told to take some pitches. UK and UF will likely be coming into the game with their pitchers coming in with little to no rest. But yeah Kent is on fire right now
W
AG
I was thinking Schloss got a little bit of payback for Childress...

after Mingione's behavior at Blue Bell in 2017
Muy
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Muy said:

If he is told to take some pitches. UK and UF will likely be coming into the game with their pitchers coming in with little to no rest. But yeah Kent is on fire right now

I'd give him the green light. He has been seeing the ball better than anyone this post-season.
The Marksman
AG
I think J-Stew deserves a lot of credit for last night. Him coming in and getting out of a few jams saved us having to use Evan. That 3 pitch strikeout to the first batter he faced was nasty.
All I do is Nguyen
Love this team!
Agdad081216
I hope we are the last Team standing.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
AggieBiker
AG
If we play UK, for sure we are home. If we play UF, since we were home in the first game against them, I am not sure we would be home.
tonytx05
AG
aggie-1997 said:

With the win last night, I am guessing that puts us as the home team for the game on Wednesday night and we will be on the 3rd base side. Is that correct?

It depends on who we play: https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3467719
BohunkAg
AG
The Marksman said:

I think J-Stew deserves a lot of credit for last night. Him coming in and getting out of a few jams saved us having to use Evan. That 3 pitch strikeout to the first batter he faced was nasty.
He was nails last night for sure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.