*****Aggies vs. Florida - College World Series - Saturday*****

328,575 Views | 3842 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by AgEng06
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Winners Bracket. BTHOKY!!!
98PercenterAg
AG
Beat the ever livin', ever lovin', compound, complex HELL OUTTA kentuckette
ColoradoMooseHerd
Still excited
Decay
AG
Getting out of bed was tough but church wasn't too bad. Didn't see a lot of maroon tho... Usually a few more polos after a W. Guess they slept in.
austinag1997
AG
Decay said:

Getting out of bed was tough but church wasn't too bad. Didn't see a lot of maroon tho... Usually a few more polos after a W. Guess they slept in.

Wasn't tough to me. Yardwork was a bit easier this morning!
Decay
AG
austinag1997 said:

Decay said:

Wasn't tough to me. Yardwork was a bit easier this morning!

Show off
The Marksman
AG
Impressive that we won even though we wore the red, white & blues. I was told they are terrible uniforms and it was embarrassing that we were not in maroon.
TexasRebel
AG
It's too bad UP ripped the power plant out of 4141. It'd take some great pictures in Omaha.
TheBonifaceOption
rgag12 said:

So calm in the face of greatness
Stunned Okie could definitely make an appearance.
RED AG 98
AG
htxag09 said:

Sq 17 said:

Reasonable plan to sac bunt
Perfectly executed but just not enough
I think calling it a mistake is an exaggeration

Except analytics also call it a mistake when down more than 1…..
Exactly. You can win a little battle and lose the war. Was it a rally killer? We'll never know because it prevented a big rally from occurring, which is exactly the point of the analytics tweet I posted here last night.
histag10
AG
Decay said:

It was rough for me. Up at 5:00 to get me and the kids ready for 7am mass. Then a sweet older lady in our parish collapsed during mass and was unresponsive for a bit- they even had her hooked up to the AED (before paramedics arrived). Thankfully did not have to shock her, and she was conscious and coherent when she left.
trouble
AG
The Marksman said:

Impressive that we won even though we wore the red, white & blues. I was told they are terrible uniforms and it was embarrassing that we were not in maroon.

Oh the unis we've only lost once in? Those terrible unis?
dermdoc
AG
The thing that got me was how easy Jace made it look. And then he had the presence of mind to immediately throw the ball back to the cutoff guy.

Stud.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sean98
AG
Charlie Moran said:

Amazing game. Thought it was gone when it left the bat. Didn't think he caught it. Love the fight in these guys

Huge turnout last night. Most Aggie fans I've seen in Omaha
Probably 10 to 1 over Gators.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I thought it was funny that the 3 hole hitter for go gata they tried several times to tell his underdog story -- "He didnt get a hit until 3 months into the season and now he's batting in the 3 hole in the college world series! One of the best stories in college baseball!" but they were always interrupted when he struck out in only 4-5 pitches.

He was 0-4 last night with 4 Ks and a walk. Poor dude.
All I do is Nguyen
So if we win Monday are we in the final four?
trouble
AG
Yes
missinAggieland
AG
dermdoc said:

The thing that got me was how easy Jace made it look. And then he had the presence of mind to immediately throw the ball back to the cutoff guy.

Stud.

This.

If you watch the video, he makes the catch and as he's coming down you can watch him look for where he's going next. It was awesome.

The catch was huge, but to have the mindset there was more to do was a sign of the maturity and message of this team.
MaroonStain
AG
Sean98 said:

I'm finally up and moving around but I'm probably going to need another nap. With the game ending well after 1am, and the terrible traffic getting out of the parking lot I knew I wouldn't get home until 5am.

What I didn't count on was an awful storm blowing up directly in my path home. Heavy rain, hail, water pooling in the road causing hydroplaning... With my sleep deprived eyes (I also made a double red eye to DC this week, and a 4am drive to Iowa to get a new puppy, which has also led to some sleepless nights) not being able to focus through the heavy rain I decided to call it and pulled the car under an awning to wait out the storm. A 2 hour nap later the rain subsided to a manageable level and I got home about 7am... Only 7 hours later than originally planned.

I owe my dogs a big apology for the awful schedule.

Aggie warrior fan. Wow! Glad you made it home safely.
missinAggieland
AG
As we started to make our way back home (work) we ran into some North Carolina fans at Firehouse Subs mid-morning. They opened the door for me, as my hands were full and so were my daughter's, and said "come on through, Aggies." I said some polite hellos and good luck today greetings.

They responded with "great game last night," and "man, that wind really helped your team win."

I just looked at them. Kind of dumbfounded. Wind?

So one of the guys in his CWS T-shirt and UNC cap tells me he's only wearing the gear to support his friends, and that he has 2 degrees from Florida & continues to engage. I nod. Then he says it, "yeh, that was a great catch and all, but your outfielder was really helped by the wind."

I told the guy Jace is a great outfielder and I'm thankful that he's playing for us. I said something about how I watched the replay of how Jace tracked and made the right jump at the right time. Such a great play.

His response, "well even if you listen to the post-game, even your own coach said it was wind assisted. All game the wind was blowing out. And just before the play, the wind died. You could see the flags just drop." I just nodded with a bit of an eye-roll and walked away.

So, I listened to Schloss in that post-game interview. He mentioned the wind. But said there was no wind all night. Even said how the storms changed the wind for the whole of the night game.

I wish I could make this up. Actually I wish people could just say good game and not try to make an excuse for their team losing.

The ending of my story: I rounded the outside of the building where a group of Tennessee fans were standing and politely asked them to beat the **** out of UNC. If for no other reason than they need to be educated in how to listen to a post-game interview. And how to avoid excuse-making to opposing fans who are game-educated.
Charlie Moran
AG
The wind died in about the 3rd inning, barely any breeze after that
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
MaroonStain
AG
My response would have been "if your team woulda scored more than 2 runs off Aggie pitching, you wouldn't be blaming the weather".

Same 'wind' stopped Jace's drive at the warning track.

Gatah fans had a great run 20 years ago with Tebow and roundieball.
swimmerbabe11
I'm not sure what a UNC fan would need to say to me in order for me to tell a Vol that I hope they win over UNC..but I do know that its not "blame it on the wind!"
TexasAggiesWin
S
Only the losing team blames the wind, as if it didn't impact the other team for 5+ innings
swimmerbabe11
in the guy's defense, he misatrributed the wind quote apparently. Jace gave the wind some props, not Schloss. Schloss only gave gratitude to Jace's height.

"I got a total wrong read off the bat, I'm not going to lie," LaViolette said. "I looked up and thought this might be a homer, and my heart dropped for a second and then I was at the wall. I give a little credit to the wind. This ballpark plays a lot bigger than what it is, and the wind knocked it down a little bit. It was a real cool play."
swimmerbabe11
TexasAggiesWin said:

Only the losing team blames the wind, as if it didn't impact the other team for 5+ innings

I've blamed my t-shirt for a loss before and I have never played a single inning.
Agdad081216
Gater ; - ) only score 2 because I turned the sound on for a few minutes. Sorry.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
swimmerbabe11
HoustonAg2106
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

I thought it was funny that the 3 hole hitter for go gata they tried several times to tell his underdog story -- "He didnt get a hit until 3 months into the season and now he's batting in the 3 hole in the college world series! One of the best stories in college baseball!" but they were always interrupted when he struck out in only 4-5 pitches.

He was 0-4 last night with 4 Ks and a walk. Poor dude.

It was probably because of the wind
austinag1997
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Thanks for posting. Tough, but really good watch. A kid really thankful. Onions chopped in the kitchen.
tonytx05
AG
dermdoc said:

Stud.

He really had this look on his face like it was a routine fly ball. Just Violence doing violent things.
StinkyPinky
AG
Even after finishing the 5 hour drive home, I'm still on cloud nine. Smiled the whole way home. This has been an amazing and special season. One I think we all knew early on was going to turn into one. Even if we lose the rest of the way out (we won't!), I still can now die and go to Heaven a happy man getting to finally watch the Ags win a game in Omaha. Was a special night. Not to mention being able to watch with my two kids who are also Aggie current students. Best Father's Day ever.
AggieBand2004
AG
Sometimes I hate sports. But this is why I'll always love sports.
Sq 17
In their defense Off the bat it looked gone
Still stupid ****** bag thing to say
That ball was just basically warningbtrack plus 5 feet which gave JV a chance to pull it back
Long fly balls are part of baseball which is why guys that can hit it an extra 20 feet get paid a lot more than guys with warning track power
All I do is Nguyen
This why I loved coaching football. I had a QB battle between two juniors one year (one a transfer) and when the transfer won, the other qb asked me how he could see the field. I asked what else he could do and he said he could long snap, so I told him then do that. To focus on it, own it, make it his own. He asked "but to Long snappers get scholarships?" I said every team needs one, including colleges. He got a preferred walk on offer to Eastern Carolina and has been there 4 years now and is the starter.
First Page
Page 109 of 110

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.