*****Aggies vs. Florida - College World Series - Saturday*****

334,100 Views | 3842 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by AgEng06
Aggies1322
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgEng06 said:

Dude is such a baller
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
The look on DEI Case McCoy's face directly above Jace is killing me.
rgag12
AG

So calm in the face of greatness
94chem
Aggies2009 said:

94chem said:

Aggies2009 said:

94chem said:

RED AG 98 said:

Now do after the groundout.

Play for 1 run and that's what you'll get.

Well, that, and 5 more baserunners and 2 AB's from Cags.

Baserunners don't win games.

No, they don't. But anybody watching the game knows that UF made a very good decision to cut it to 1 in the 7th. They just didn't get the break they needed. That's baseball.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgEng06 said:

If this were the zoo, that'd be a great Photoshop opportunity
TexasRebel
AG
AgEng06 said:

Is that a leftover covid cutout?
RED AG 98
AG
dixichkn said:

Everybody gonna rave about the Tubby catch. Rightly so

However, another huge play was Appel corralling that 3rd strike that got away from him, checking the runner back to third, and then completing the out at first. Huge play. Appel had a hell of a game tonight. Lots of balls in the dirt that could have easily cost us a run. He's been a warrior thru this postseason run
This is a really good point, specifically on that play but also all game long.

• Lamkin was throwing BBs up there. Mostly in control but he was amped up.
  • CC was throwing gas and missed the plate a bunch. He's just as tough to catch as he is to hit.

Brauny said postgame, not to take anything away from Jace at all, that Apple was MVP of the game.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

The look on DEI Case McCoy's face directly above Jace is killing me.

DEI Case McCoy. That's a good one.
harge57
AG
Went to bed in the fifth last night. Just finished the game. Man that was fun.

Props to Schloss for starting Lamkin and then not getting cute with CC and Aschenbeck.
StinkyPinky
AG
dermdoc said:

Aggies2009 said:

dermdoc said:

Back at the hotel and having a whisky to calm down.

What a game.

BTHO Kentucky!

What was your vantage point of the Jace catch?
We were over third base dugout and it looked like a homer to us.
Same and same
missinAggieland
AG
Nino Brown said:

This was the face of everyone in the ballpark.

Excited disbelief from all Ags.
Relief disbelief from all Ags.

And Florida…well, just disbelief.

We all thought it was a HR. All of us. Our seats were just over 3rd base.

The moment was huge, and Jace was so calm.
StinkyPinky
AG
I have no voice no now because of the game. And my 5 hour drive hungover is going to suck. But worth every second of it!
trouble
AG
dixichkn said:

However, another huge play was Appel corralling that 3rd strike that got away from him, checking the runner back to third, and then completing the out at first. Huge play. Appel had a hell of a game tonight. Lots of balls in the dirt that could have easily cost us a run. He's been a warrior thru this postseason run

That's the play I want to see video of. The radio call of it was fantastic
monarch
S
TV guys couldn't believe he caught it. You could sense a little let down that the play was made. One of the greatest individual A&M baseball plays in history.
Peace for Ukraine!
DallasArchAg05
AG
Sorrel came within about an inch of making THE greatest individual play in A&M baseball history. Instead it was a ground rule double. But that was very close to being a highlight we'd be seeing for a very long time.
Agthatbuilds
Gotta give him his due for laying it all out. Dude is sooooooo good.
ArcheryAg
DallasArchAg05 said:

Sorrel came within about an inch of making THE greatest individual play in A&M baseball history. Instead it was a ground rule double. But that was very close to being a highlight we'd be seeing for a very long time.

No doubt. He's a special player.
Agthatbuilds
I'm still amped up.

That was one of the most tense 1-9 innings I can recall. Cortez was loving on the edge.

That fla lineup is one of the most confusing to face. Except cags- not a lot of real high averages but seems like every one of em can knock the snot outta the ball.
Sean98
AG
trouble said:

dixichkn said:

That's the play I want to see video of. The radio call of it was fantastic
It bounced WELL away from him. The wherewithal to get to it, check the runner and still throw the batter out at first was nails.
Sean98
AG
I'm finally up and moving around but I'm probably going to need another nap. With the game ending well after 1am, and the terrible traffic getting out of the parking lot I knew I wouldn't get home until 5am.

What I didn't count on was an awful storm blowing up directly in my path home. Heavy rain, hail, water pooling in the road causing hydroplaning... With my sleep deprived eyes (I also made a double red eye to DC this week, and a 4am drive to Iowa to get a new puppy, which has also led to some sleepless nights) not being able to focus through the heavy rain I decided to call it and pulled the car under an awning to wait out the storm. A 2 hour nap later the rain subsided to a manageable level and I got home about 7am... Only 7 hours later than originally planned.

I owe my dogs a big apology for the awful schedule.
trouble
AG
They'll forgive you and be happy you got home safe.
Charlie Moran
AG
Amazing game. Thought it was gone when it left the bat. Didn't think he caught it. Love the fight in these guys

Huge turnout last night. Most Aggie fans I've seen in Omaha
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
KT 90
AG
Sean98 said:

I'm finally up and moving around but I'm probably going to need another nap. With the game ending well after 1am, and the terrible traffic getting out of the parking lot I knew I wouldn't get home until 5am.

What I didn't count on was an awful storm blowing up directly in my path home. Heavy rain, hail, water pooling in the road causing hydroplaning... With my sleep deprived eyes (I also made a double red eye to DC this week, and a 4am drive to Iowa to get a new puppy, which has also led to some sleepless nights) not being able to focus through the heavy rain I decided to call it and pulled the car under an awning to wait out the storm. A 2 hour nap later the rain subsided to a manageable level and I got home about 7am... Only 7 hours later than originally planned.

Dang, you will need a powernap today for sure! Good call on pulling over for a bit to sleep and let the weather let up a bit.

W
AG
going back to Florida's sac bunt in the 7th...it was a mistake

because the bunt let A-Beck get 3 outs on just 7 pitches in the 7th inning

and that proved critical in the 9th inning as A-Beck finished with 51 pitches and 5 baserunners allowed

if Evan had to throw 15 to 20 pitches in the 7th, he might have run out of gas by the 9th
Sq 17
Reasonable plan to sac bunt
Perfectly executed but just not enough
I think calling it a mistake is an exaggeration
htxag09
AG
Sq 17 said:

Reasonable plan to sac bunt
Perfectly executed but just not enough
I think calling it a mistake is an exaggeration

Except analytics also call it a mistake when down more than 1…..
Sex Panther
AG
Sean98 said:

Good.
you moran
AG
Or like saying this guy won the Heisman...right before the Wrecking Crew rips his arms off....or Barhorst steals his towel...
you moran
AG
I, also, just got up and am moving slowly. But only because I stayed up until 5 a.m. talking e-sh*t from my couch.
TexasRebel
AG
Username checks out.
you moran
AG
Calling people I don't know "looser morans" is serious business.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
TexasRebel said:

AgEng06 said:

Is that a leftover covid cutout?

Two options here.
Someone put the Florida batters look on that guy watching Jace or it needs to be stunned Okie.
you moran
AG
My kids texting me all morning apparently. "Where are you??". "You're missing church!!". "Where are you??" "You missed church" (all caps). "Hey a**hole...".

Followed by "Happy Father's Day, we love you!!" smiley face emojis.
you moran
AG
Or Cart McCoy.
Seanzy2012
AG
goatchze said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

trouble said:

You're by me!

Looks like the Kaaba during the Hajj.

I was in section 321. Looks like we were all close.
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 110

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.