Oregon Coach Thinks we didn't see Oregon baseball

16,604 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by austinag1997
SchizoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis said:

austinag1997 said:

W said:

bottomline...

the Oregon head coach knows that his team blew a golden opportunity in game 1 after scoring 6 against Prager

game 1 is the key game in the SR round

Yep. Statistically, 78% of Game 1 winners advance.

Is anyone else kind of surprised it isn't higher than that?

Think about this - the winner of the first game will usually be the higher seeded team playing at home. Then, if you just toss a coin to determine the next two games, the team needing only one of the next two will advance 75% of the time. Isn't this right?
Please consult the post 5 posts above yours.
Aggie Dad 26
Complete Idiot said:

Thin skinned fans commenting on internet
Aggie Dad 26
gougler08
AG
Oregon coach royally ****ed his team over tonight with that bullpen management. Wonder how he'll deal with those questions?
aggiefan09
AG
Curious his thoughts on the environment tonight. Lights got a little to bright in the 7th.
CrawlingNo5
AG
Oregon coach and pitcher during that 7th:

F it, I suck at posting pictures <insert the lights were brighter than I expected meme>
MaroonStain
AG
I hope he was entertained.
LB12Diamond
AG
Seems like a class act. He asked Schloss if the teams could shake hands after the game.

And every player and coach went to Braden and shook his hand. A couple talked to him a little bit.
Sean98
AG
gougler08 said:

Oregon coach royally ****ed his team over tonight with that bullpen management. Wonder how he'll deal with those questions?
Sullenly is my guess
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Wasikowski is a class act. He's got fire in his belly. It's fun to watch teams that have coaches like that
Decay
AG
Hats off to him. Handled the loss with class. Only like one or two of his players were dbags. And of course obliged us by getting their ass kicked this weekend. We'll send a postcard!
Slicer97
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Wasikowski is a class act. He's got fire in his belly. It's fun to watch teams that have coaches like that

Class act, but he might oughta teach his pitchers to throw strikes ever now an' again.
AgEng06
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Seems like a class act. He asked Schloss if the teams could shake hands after the game.

And every player and coach went to Braden and shook his hand. A couple talked to him a little bit.

Most of these guys know Braden from games at Stanford, so they have a little different relationship with him than other random teams.
Moral High Horse
I seent it
AggieBB
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

This. One of the best in the college game. Super dude.
LB12Diamond
AG
Most likely but it's more than that. After they shook his hand almost every one of them hit him on the shoulder. Like a pat to say, I'm sorry bud for you not being able to play next week after you helped your team get there. I took it more as athletic respect for one another.
Gigemchicken90
AG
One of their players visited with a few of the people in the club first rows every time he batted. After the game he came back over and spoke to them. He was a genuinely nice guy.
'90
Aggie Dad 26
My experience around folk from Oregon is that they're very friendly. Good move on his part
TxAg76
AG
Maybe we saw Oregon baseball, maybe we didn't.
But they damn sure saw the 12th man.
Shoefly!
AG
Rec said:

I'm pro Beaver… so anything he says just pisses me off

I like beaver too, bare beaver is more appealing.
Shoefly!
AG
I saw a team that hit lefties very well. At least a hundred avg above righties. A team that makes a few more errors than the Ags. And a pitching staff that walked quite a lot. All three of these facts were reported to us thru the stats. And then it was shown on the field of play. So yeah we saw the Ducks!
BadMoonRisin
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

One of their players visited with a few of the people in the club first rows every time he bated. After the game he came back over and spoke to them. He was a genuinely nice guy.
bonfarr
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Gigemchicken90 said:

One of their players visited with a few of the people in the club first rows every time he bated. After the game he came back over and spoke to them. He was a genuinely nice guy.

Pretty sure doing that publicly is legal in Oregon.
Slicer97
AG
gougler08 said:

Did he? Because all the relief pitcher did was give up runs a whole lot faster.
StinkyPinky
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

My experience around folk from Oregon is that they're very friendly. Good move on his part
For clarity I hate saying this because I loved living there are there are a ton of awesome people. But in general Oregonians aren't known to be firendly and/or engaging. They are often more cold and stand-offish. Even my kids as pre-teens and teenagers after we moved there were like "what the heck is wrong with people?". Complete 180 from Southern hospitality and courtesies. And what is even more unfortunate most (without ever of having been) hate Texas and categorize us as dumb rednecks. Again this is an average, there are tons of great people there too.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Well, I obviously shouldn't post after 11:00 pm.
'90
austinag1997
AG
Ya never know if there will be an Oregon transfer....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.