Oregon Coach Thinks we didn't see Oregon baseball

16,585 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by austinag1997
BigSneezy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just listened to Oregons coaches comments. He doesn't think the environment affected them. He said Cortez beat them but no other part of A&M really bothered them. Including the environment, crowd and heat it appears.

Oh really?

Tonight is a night game. Give them hell Ags!

CapCityAg89
AG
He'll talk about how awesome it is after being eliminated. Then we're the greatest program ever. Don't you Coach speak man?
Vepp
that 'oh good' was FULL of venom.
BCO07
AG
Dude is pissed/disappointed. They came out, gave us their best shot, landed it and still lost. He knows how the series ends and hates it
20ag07
You really have an issue with his comments, or those from his players?

If we had a job opening, I'd hire that dude tomorrow.
JayM
I don't think the Aggies are concerned that Oregon is a cut above. Their pitchers issued a lot of walks.
houag80
AG
His young player opposite him on the dais showed much more poise than his coach. The kid in the middle seemed to be a xxxx.
BigSneezy
20ag07 said:

You really have an issue with his comments, or those from his players?

If we had a job opening, I'd hire that dude tomorrow.

My issue is that he's full of crap. Of course the environment is a factor. This is a given. Him ignoring it just makes him sound like an idiot. And the tough question about how can you deal with Cortez he dodged the question on. And the players said "yeah well sometimes we just don't have as good a day as the pitchers". Bull. Cortez was throwing smoke and everyone saw it. Everyone. They can't hit him. Period.

I don't have a problem with how he came across. He's just full of *****
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Pre series press conference he had a little slight about how how we have pitchers who throw high 90s but don't get to pitch in games.
InMyOffice
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Pre series press conference he had a little slight about how how we have pitchers who throw high 90s but don't get to pitch in games.

That wasn't a slight, it was a compliment about our pitching depth.

Not sure what you guys really expect the guy to say, the series isn't over.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Eh. Think it was a recruiting motivated comment
Decay
AG
I actually really liked his comments. During the game he was very complimentary of the environment and afterward he stuck up for his players. I know Oregon is a money school but i thought he was almost auditioning for a coaching spot
Wabs
AG
Didn't listen. Any comment on bat flipping and pimping walks in the 2nd inning?
Muy
AG
During the game interview with him he used his time to challenge any recruit to turn this environment down to "ride a bus and play on a blue field" in the minor leagues. Pretty sure Oregon can put a ridiculous NIL deal together for any stud baseball player.

The dude is a badass. But we already have a better badass.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Wabs said:

Didn't listen. Any comment on bat flipping and pimping walks in the 2nd inning?

No question asked about it and no comment on it. But "bat flipper guy" did answer several questions and his demeanor was sure different in the press conference than it was when he was flipping his bat on a pitch clock violation walk and staring down our dugout on the way to first.

He answered some question to the effect of "being on fire early" but that they couldn't maintain it. He also said Cortez just "won each matchup" to downplay Cortez's talent and ability.

So bat flipper exuded the same smugness his coach does. They both downplayed the fans and stadium environment.

I fully expect those responses, of course, but I am excited to see if bat flipper continues to bat flip and taunt tonight! If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a bat flipping duck!
Complete Idiot
Thin skinned fans commenting on internet
Blitz88
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Not really.

Coach said he was very disappointed his team made mistakes and didn't put up their A or B game….

Call me crazy but maybe the environment and the moment did have something to to do with their mistakes and performance
Kenneth_2003
AG
Sounds like what a coach is supposed to say after dropping the opener in a best of 3 series.
txag72
AG
Nothing affected you? Soooooo........you just suck then?
Outlaw0206
AG
I loved how during his in game interview he blamed the wrist band for his starting pitchers shakiness during the first inning. Just state the obvious coach, we know he was rattled and you wanted a free timeout by walking out with a pitch com
Ags2013
AG
Did you want the coach to say he is cowering in fear?
BigSneezy
Ags2013 said:

Did you want the coach to say he is cowering in fear?

I expect you to not be full of *****
austinag1997
AG
They had 2 errors. What would you expect him to say? Their starter threw over 100 pitches. Seems they dealt with the heat and fans OK. Cortez shut them down. They banged hits out on Prager.

They're a good team.
95Ag
AG
Meh, this is a bit of a reach. The guy's postgame interview was solid, and he expressed concern for Braden above all else.

I think you're looking for an issue where none exists. I don't expect him to drool all over an opposing venue while trying to motivate his team to salvage a super regional win.
Blitz88
AG
austinag1997 said:

They had 2 errors. What would you expect him to say? Their starter threw over 100 pitches. Seems they dealt with the heat and fans OK. Cortez shut them down. They banged hits out on Prager.

They're a good team.

Yes they are a good team.

As for their starter, the 100 pitches were only across 3.1 innings
Sean98
AG
Would be nice if the Oregonian or some west coast report actually showed up to ask a question. Seems that pretty much every question he's gotten in the two press conferences has been, "how afraid of this A&M team are you? Which facet of their dangerous team do you expect to be your death knell?"

I'd be annoyed too. Chalk me up in the "I didn't see anything wrong with this" column.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Baseball coaches, especially, have a lot of canned statements ready to go…I mean they answer the same stupid questions over and over and over! The worst part of any coaching job…at any level…is to deal with the post game BS
annie88
AG
95Ag said:

Meh, this is a bit of a reach. The guy's postgame interview was solid, and he expressed concern for Braden above all else.

I think you're looking for an issue where none exists. I don't expect him to drool all over an opposing venue while trying to motivate his team to salvage a super regional win.
This.

We have a good environment and I have no doubt that it does affect teams at times, but it doesn't mean it's an automatic. Did it or didn't it who knows if he's being honest, but I think some fans are taking this way too personally. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't worry about what the other coaches say.

And let's be honest, they did make some errors. I don't think that's what cost them the game, but it surely wasn't something most coaches would be happy about.
FTAG 2000
AG
Were you expecting a guy in the middle of a series to say holy crap Olsen is ridiculous we can't complete in front of his players?

Come on guys.
Commander Gorn
AG
I have no problem with anything he said. Gig em!
frenchtoast
Nothing fires me up more than generic coachspeak.
Jack Cheese
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Exactly. Thin-skinned and needy, always wanting validation. Good grief, people.
aeroag14
AG
Anyone who took any offense to anything he said is blowing stuff way out of proportion. Big nothing burger
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Muy said:

During the game interview with him he used his time to challenge any recruit to turn this environment down to "ride a bus and play on a blue field" in the minor leagues.
Thought that was pretty funny, and generally complimentary of the "environment."
StinkyPinky
AG
Sean98 said:

Would be nice if the Oregonian or some west coast report actually showed up to ask a question. Seems that pretty much every question he's gotten in the two press conferences has been, "how afraid of this A&M team are you? Which facet of their dangerous team do you expect to be your death knell?"

I'd be annoyed too. Chalk me up in the "I didn't see anything wrong with this" column.
this
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.