*****Aggies vs. Mississippi State - SEC Tournament Wednesday*****

113,456 Views | 1752 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AggieCrew44
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bring n WOOD said:

Starting Rudis, then Wilson, then Badmaev was a totally weird and unexpected pitching lineup…
Not pulling Cortez to start the 9th was weird;
We'll see if Prager can save us from being embarrassed 0-2 tomorrow….Schloss strategy obviously was to make a deep run in the tourney and save our best pitchers….

Schloss's strategy was to keep our pitchers on their normal patterns, regardless of the tourney games.
The Marksman
AG
No way, I've heard we're one of the worst teams in the country
RED AG 98
AG
Maroon and feisty???? You need this.
Bring n WOOD
AG
Giving away free bases in the 8th and 9th is a sure way to set yourself up for a loss…..
Late game collapses….
@$&%#*
Decay
AG
So wait did we lose or learn a valuable lesson? Ken Griffey Jr. over here knows everything about ball
Bring n WOOD
AG
AgEng06 said:

Bring n WOOD said:

Starting Rudis, then Wilson, then Badmaev was a totally weird and unexpected pitching lineup…
We'll see if Prager can save us from being embarrassed 0-2 tomorrow….Schloss strategy obviously was to make a deep run in the tourney and save our best pitchers….

Schloss's strategy was to keep our pitchers on their normal patterns, regardless of the tourney games.

You mean in terms of recovery time from pitching the weekend series??
trouble
AG
Riiiiiight? But they are expensive.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Less than optimal decisions on a cumulative basis add up
Chrundle the Great
AG
Some of y'all need to calm down. This tournament is a glorified scrimmage.

Last year's national champion went 1-2 in it.

Year before that's went 0-1. Nobody cares.
RED AG 98
AG
First one I found was $70, but here's one for $22. Not cheap but not 70 either.

ProAquatix Captive-Bred Gold Stripe Maroon Clownfish | Marine Fish (liveaquaria.com)
RED AG 98
AG
I think we need to write a script to post this every 5 minutes until we're back in CS.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Take it to the fish nerd board
missinAggieland
AG
AgEng06 said:

Bring n WOOD said:

This. He did not want to burn arms or injure anyone to ensure we are healthy for Regionals.
RED AG 98
AG
trouble
AG
The one I looked at earlier was $70 plus I need an entire set up for it.
RED AG 98
AG
The kids will take care of it, they said. I won't be cleaning or feeding them, they said.
stretch248
104 mph of the bat is routine when you hit it to a guy playing 180' from home plate. When it gets to the fielder it is going less than 90. I would much rather see an 80 mph of the bat to third base. A top 10 draft pick should be able to hit the ball the other way
RGLAG85
AG
RED AG 98 said:

The kids will take care of it, they said. I won't be cleaning or feeding them, they said.
If you fry them lightly, they're tasty but very boney. Also a very small bite, so buy like 20.
sanaug
Fquin
AG
TexasAggie81
Bring n WOOD said:

Giving away free bases in the 8th and 9th is a sure way to set yourself up for a loss…..
Late game collapses….
@$&%#*

Agreed. I don't mind losing a game when we are clearly outmatched. But gifting a game to another, lesser team is irritating. All the mistakes were on our pitchers. Very unfortunate.
AggieCrew44
AG
TexasAggie81 said:

Bring n WOOD said:

Late game collapses….
@$&%#*

Agreed. I don't mind losing a game when we are clearly outmatched. But gifting a game to another, lesser team is irritating. All the mistakes were on our pitchers. Very unfortunate.
With who we were throwing, our pitching was outstanding. Cortez was awesome outside of 2 batters. You can't expect these guys to be perfect. That's just unreasonable

We didn't really gift anything at all
TexAg91
AG
Error and HBPs were gifts
LB12Diamond
AG
And CC mowed them down the two innings prior to give us a chance.

The first HBP the guy was crowding so it happens. The second guy clearly changed his approach after the first pitch and was looking for the walk. CC needed to throw a strike at that point and did not and walked him. Yes it hit his foot on ball number 4.
Theres a Spirit
AG
I guess we are saving our hits/runs for regionals too. I can understand being out scored in a shootout but only mustering 3 runs vs Miss St isn't very good
"We have a foundation and one brick and people want to know what color the roof is" - Joe Kines
LB12Diamond
AG
They threw all their best pitchers. Did you not know that one?
203Raggie
AG
Also, motivation levels are different. My only concern is getting through uninjured and ready to compete for what matters.
twk
AG
Theres a Spirit said:

I guess we are saving our hits/runs for regionals too. I can understand being out scored in a shootout but only mustering 3 runs vs Miss St isn't very good
We got 2 more runs against their ace than we did last time we faced him. Hit a bunch of balls hard, but right at people. The run production was disappointing, but we didn't look lost.

On the mound, we did pretty well for a bullpen game by design. The staff is desperate to get Wilson on track, so I think they will be encouraged by the way he responded after giving up the homerun. Badmiev looked good. If they had it to do over, I think they might have pulled Cortez after the one out walk in the 9th. Aschenbeck was up and I presume ready, so they could have gone to him before we really got into a jam.

I assume today it will be Prager for 75 pitches or less. From there, if we aren't wining, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get Sdao an inning or two. If we are winning, then it will be interesting to say the least to see who they go to, but you can bet that it will be someone who hasn't necessarily been reliable, who they are hoping to get on track, like they did with Wilson.

Hitting wise, I guess you don't mess with the approach at this late stage. We were hitting balls hard last night with nothing to show for it. Sometimes, I wish our hitters would just go out and try to poke a ball somewhere, like Monday night's homerun hero for State did with 2 out and 2 on in the 9th last night. We don't seem to do much situational hitting.
Justice Beaver
AG
MR Gadsden said:

DGrimesAg92 said:

trouble said:

MR Gadsden said:

DGrimesAg92 said:

213 Grove said:

That's up and on the plate. Bad pitch.

It's no where near the plate

Right? How the hell does that look over the plate?

First time watching a LCF camera angle? The ball is on the plate.

Since this is the first time I've seen you post all year, I'm just going to ignore you.

What a metric. Never change, TexAgs. Cry/LoL.

For the folks at home, this is how you know you've won an argument here.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It's crazy how the top 4 seeds all lost their opening game, and 2 of them lost by 9+ runs each. Hopefully, we bounce back with a win over No. 1 Tennessee.
tjack16
AG
Win today, great. Lose today, oh well

We've got the National seed locked up and that's all I care about. That and being healthy for regionals
AgEng06
AG
Theres a Spirit said:

My post had nothing to do with the offense and was referencing a post about pitching...I'm not sure why you quoted me to mention hits and runs.
Theres a Spirit
AG
I quoted you because there's two parts to the game. We act like we only lost because of pitching but only had 5 hits/3 runs on the night. Our bullpen holding them to 5 should've gave us enough to win. The hitting lineups are apples and oranges comparatively. We just didn't get it done
"We have a foundation and one brick and people want to know what color the roof is" - Joe Kines
Theres a Spirit
AG
We will see way better staffs. This is a national championship caliber hitting lineup with a good but not great pitching staff. More times than not the hitters will have to pull the load if we are going to go far this post season
TexAg91
AG
LB12Diamond said:

And CC mowed them down the two innings prior to give us a chance.

The first HBP the guy was crowding so it happens. The second guy clearly changed his approach after the first pitch and was looking for the walk. CC needed to throw a strike at that point and did not and walked him. Yes it hit his foot on ball number 4.

Nobody said CC was not great. But HBPs and walks are gifts. And Ash's error.

Too bad we got no gifts from their top dogs the last three innings.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.