*****Aggies @ LSU - Friday*****

119,885 Views | 1822 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Hungry Ojos
aeon-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lance Uppercut said:

Aggies vs. Tigers
Friday, May 3, 2024
Alex Box Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
7:00 PM CT

TV: ESPN2
Streaming: WatchESPN
Radio: 1150 AM/93.7 FM, TAMUSN
Listen: The Varsity Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast
Weather

I hope this puts the team's feet back on the ground, LSU was ready for them, they weren't!!!
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Tough night. Bounce back tomorrow. I want the Ags to win this series, badly. I hate losing to LSU.
t - cam
AG
TexasRebel said:

I feel like if you go 3/3 overturning calls the umpire crew should be changed out.

No reason to let it go to 4.

I didn't think either the non homer or out at second were egregious.
TexasRebel
AG
t - cam said:

TexasRebel said:

I feel like if you go 3/3 overturning calls the umpire crew should be changed out.

No reason to let it go to 4.

I didn't think either the non homer or out at second were egregious.

At the very least, on the interference call you have to call that ball in play let the play end, then review it if necessary.

A HR called on the field cannot be challenged unless there is interference.
Sean98
AG
Eike Mlko said:

2 run loss. Biggest margin of defeat since March.
How crazy is this
trouble
AG
That's not how I read this:

2. Potential Home Run Calls: The umpires' decision to call or not call a home run may be
reviewedif there is a question as to whether the ball left the playing field or struck an
object; whether the ball struck the top of a fence, hit a railing, or otherwise stayed within
the field of play; whether the ball was interfered with by a fan reaching over the fence; or
whether the ball was fair or foul.
tjack16
AG
Regardless of game outcome.. I was really nice to see us on the positive side of the replay challenges. It seems like across all sports A&M gets screwed on those. Was nice to see them get both big ones in the 8th and 9th right to at least give us a chance to still win
jrodwh00p
AG
A&M played good but couldn't close it out. Seems like during these losses we always have an opportunity to extend the game, especially with 1-3 in the lineup. I don't know if the focus becomes hitting home runs or what, but we still haven't found that execution during the season to simply extend the game with base hits. Honestly, we haven't had to until recently, but we need to get some experience being on the winning end of these last inning grinders.... it's what Omaha is all about.
..The history of the world is that of religion. Violent faith, in either God or Man has shed an endless river of blood. It is not a matter of what you can live without, but which allows you the freedom to be indifferent..

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis
AG
I hope someone can explain something. During the game I wasn't super focused on the game thread but would check it every half inning or so.

I get the idea that someone has hacked into the Texags account of Gavin Grahovic's dad and made some disparaging remarks. Right?

I saw Trouble's post that said she spoke with Mr. Grahovic who said his account had been hacked and that Gavin was happy at A&M. That's great.

So what did the phony post say? Or is was it something that shouldn't be repeated now? Has it been deleted?

And more importantly, a couple of weeks ago someone said that Gavin was planning to hit the portal after this season and that was attributed to something said by his dad. Was that based on phony comments?

What kind of person would do something like this?

I wish we didn't have to wait all day for today's game. Just about everything that could go wrong yesterday did and the game was still there for the taking in the 9th inning. Really hoping/expecting a strong comeback today.
trouble
AG
aeon-ag said:

I hope this puts the team's feet back on the ground, LSU was ready for them, they weren't!!!

What?!??!?! This team hasn't been walking around like their **** don't stink.

We were in this game until the very end. A couple mistakes were the difference.

Some of y'all didn't watch the same game I did.
aginlakeway
AG
All the same things. Dad answered those questions. We can move away from this knowing GG is very happy here.
SHSU-AG
This team is super confident, so I'm not worried about this one game. This team is special and will respond. Monty seems to be in a funk, but I'm sure he'll right the ship very soon. Flush this game and get on to the next one!!!
Hustle, hit, never quit!
trouble
AG
Over the last 6 weeks to 2 months, someone was using Mr Grahovac's account to post snide comments about Gavin not returning or not liking it here. Many of us were originally skeptical but were assured by others that it was his account.

Yes, it was but he had no idea that someone else had gained to it and was using it. He thought it was just sitting dormant because he wasn't using it.

Someone who knows him was made aware of the posts last night and texted him to find out what was up.

He came here to see. Was not happy that it happened. I had a PM conversation with him where he assured me that it was not him and that Gavin loves being an Aggie.

Got his password changed and put him in contact with the powers that be (and brauny) to get everything straightened out
tjack16
AG
trouble said:

Over the last 6 weeks to 2 months, someone was using Mr Grahovac's account to post snide comments about Gavin not returning or not liking it here. Many of us were originally skeptical but were assured by others that it was his account.

Yes, it was but he had no idea that someone else had gained to it and was using it. He thought it was just sitting dormant because he wasn't using it.

Someone who knows him was made aware of the posts last night and texted him to find out what was up.

He came here to see. Was not happy that it happened. I had a PM conversation with him where he assured me that it was not him and that Gavin loves being an Aggie.

Got his password changed and put him in contact with the powers that be (and brauny) to get everything straightened out

Yeah that was always very fishy to me. His dad seems very excited about Texas A&M on Twitter and he doesn't seem like the guy to put his own son's career at risk.

But glad to hear it confirmed nonetheless that it wasn't him
The Marksman
AG
trouble said:

Well this is a relief
McInnis
AG
Thanks for getting to the bottom of this trouble. It's hard for me to believe that a person, who probably does not even know the Grahovics, would go to that amount of work just to create a problem for innocent people.
Capitol Ag
AG
trouble said:

Memory like a goldfish

Exactly! Someone asks about the Friday night game, I'm like, "what Friday night game? We played Friday too? Huh, must have missed it"
CapCityAg89
AG
trouble said:

Sometimes I hate people.

Thanks T.
TexasRebel
AG
trouble said:

That's not how I read this:

2. Potential Home Run Calls: The umpires' decision to call or not call a home run may be
reviewedif there is a question as to whether the ball left the playing field or struck an
object; whether the ball struck the top of a fence, hit a railing, or otherwise stayed within
the field of play; whether the ball was interfered with by a fan reaching over the fence; or
whether the ball was fair or foul.

By calling a ball out of play (foul or HR) runners/players stop. You cannot then go back and say, "oh whoops. That ball stayed live. What would have happened?"

No, you can only call it live, let play stop, then say, "oh, no, this is what actually happened.
trouble
AG
That's decided by crew chief in non conference games and the review official in conference games.

It does not have to be spectator interference to ask for a review on a home run. You can go find the same pdf I'm referencing.

TexasRebel
AG
Notice it does not say, "or a live ball."
That refers to balls that remain out of the field of play.

Also, look at #4.
trouble
AG
4 is about the infield.
TexasRebel
AG
It is, but you can only change the call if you don't have to assume what would have happened.
trouble
AG
Read the whole PDF.
TexasRebel
AG
[url] https://unitedumpires.org/pdf/NCAA-Baseball-Video-Review-Regulations.pdf[/url]

A better document.
trouble
AG
That's from 5 years ago

Mine is from last year. Things change.
TexasRebel
AG
This has recently changed, and it's crap.

Umpires should have no discretion. Hell they already have too much. Call the ball in play then sort it out.

But this also doesn't say a dead ball can be changed to a live ball.
TexasRebel
AG
Then link to it.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
trouble said:

Nice to see an update on this and jives with my experience. I met his aunt a couple weeks ago (rv parked next to her). His cousins (her kids) are part of why he's here. Sounded like he absolutely loves it here and that original story didn't make sense to me based on this meeting. His extended family were very friendly.
TexasRebel
AG
From the '23-24 NCAA rule book it seem they are giving umpires a lot more leeway for placing runners.

This is a bad thing.

If they call a ball foul that gets overturned to fair, they just place runners wherever they think is conservative. Stupid.

That and the pitch clock is making this game unwatchable.
The Marksman
AG
TexasRebel said:

From the '23-24 NCAA rule book it seem they are giving umpires a lot more leeway for placing runners.

This is a bad thing.

If they call a ball foul that gets overturned to fair, they just place runners wherever they think is conservative. Stupid.

That and the pitch clock is making this game unwatchable.
Sounds like you should just not watch then
TexasRebel
AG
Haven't much since the clock came to be.

It's not the same game.
McInnis
AG
Yeah, I'm having withdrawls missing that one hour in each game we used to spend watching batters tighten their gloves while pitchers strolled around the mound after every pitch.
CapCityAg89
AG
Rebel - you had me with the umpires have too much discretion theme but then lost me with the pitch clock. Best innovation in decades. Mainly because all the between pitch antics by both pitchers and hitters had gotten out of control. THIS is more baseball as I love.
TexasRebel
AG
Reduced the game to checkers.

The umpire always had the ability to tell the batter to step up, and the ability to call a balk if the pitcher couldn't get the ball past the baseline. Somewhere along the line they started always just granting time to batters… I was against that, too. The batters only ask, the answer should have been "no" far more than it was.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.