SEC Network

3,127 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MSFC Aggie
Lake08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've seen it discussed a couple times, but why in the hell isn't the #1 team in the country ever on??
aeroag14
AG
Weren't we on SECN on Saturday prime time?

And I do not believe that we have played a game as number 1 yet
BQ_90
AG
you mean like on thursday
tjack16
AG
The schedules were determined before the season started. So us being #1 doesn't affect* it now
jja79
AG
Is it a big deal? If you have SECN then you have SECN+.
trouble
AG
Because baseball games are chosen for TV prior to the season starting. It's not like football.
Lake08
jja79 said:

I do have the sec network. I've got spectrum. What channel is +?
trouble
AG
It's streaming only. You'll need the ESPN app to access it.
MSFC Aggie
AG
I'm getting really tired of having to log out and log back into ESPN everyday
milner79
affect
dabo man
AG
Quote:

You can watch SECN+ streams on the ESPN App, which is available for virtually any platform. You can also watch on a PC by simply going to our schedule at 12thman.com and clicking the watch link for that game.

Either way, you'll be asked to authenticate to ESPN using your Spectrum credentials.
Lake08
No idea I could do that.
Thx!
tjack16
AG
milner79 said:

affect

Your grammar has no FX on me
jkag89
Remaining Aggie games scheduled to be broadcast on "regular" TV:
4/18 6:00 PM at Bama (SEC Network)
4/23 6:00 PM vs Cougar High (SEC Network)
5/03 7:00 PM at LSU (SEC Network)
5/04 6:00 PM at LSU (ESPNU)
5/10 7:30 PM at Ole Miss (SEC Network)
5/12 5:00 PM at Ole Miss (SEC Network)

The final weekend of the season has been left open. I would expect that at least one if not all three games of our series against piggie at Olsen are not picked up.

Also every single game of the SEC Tournament will be on the SEC Network.
KidDoc
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

Their app is awful! I usually just watch it from my desktop which is hooked into my main TV.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
trouble said:

It's streaming only. You'll need the ESPN app to access it.
Or click upon the Watch icon of the game you want to watch on the 2024 Baseball Schedule if you don't mind watching upon your desktop.

Also Lance almost always includes a link to available streaming on his Game Thread. Air Force Game Thread
MSFC Aggie
AG
KidDoc said:

MSFC Aggie said:

Their app is awful! I usually just watch it from my desktop which is hooked into my main TV.
I don't think it's just the app. I watch from my laptop from time to time also, and I always need to re-validate there too.
trouble
AG
We recently got an update and now it hates my TV. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall later. Sunday I had to cast it from my phone to the TV.
KidDoc
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

KidDoc said:

MSFC Aggie said:

I don't think it's just the app. I watch from my laptop from time to time also, and I always need to re-validate there too.
I believe it re-validates on my desktop too but it does it instantly without having to email/text/send codes etc. Just click on the link and it pops right up.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
I watch on my phone, IPad, and tv. Never a problem. Never have to reload. A lot of times on away games we will have 2 IPads and the tv on three different games.

And I am almost 69 y/o. Surely you youngsters can figure this out.
MSFC Aggie
AG
What am I doing wrong then? I have YTTV. Everyday it says I have to "re-validate" my credentials or something like that.....including inputting the alphanumeric code.
trouble
AG
It's the YTTV. I had to constantly revalidate with it.
dermdoc
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

What am I doing wrong then? I have YTTV. Everyday it says I have to "re-validate" my credentials or something like that.....including inputting the alphanumeric code.
I have Direct tv. I know it costs more but I have tried the YouTube route and other avenues and they are just not near as good.
KidDoc
AG
It is probably part of the ploy for megacorp Espn/Disney/Hulu to make youtubetv as unattractive as possible so people switch. A few years ago they threatened to pull ESPN from YTTV period and I think it was pulled for one weekend.

Yup it was in 2021. YouTube TV strikes deal to bring ESPN, Disney networks back - Sports Illustrated
SW AG80
AG
Lake08 said:

jja79 said:

You need a smart TV OR have a ROKU stick or Fire stick.
Agdad081216
I have trouble with my LG tv apps. I have a Roku stick in one and Apple TV in the other. The ESPN app works well (has been working) and with out trouble on the Roku and Apple TV.

Edit I also have DIRECTV.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIGā€™EM
jja79
AG
dermdoc said:

I watch on my phone, IPad, and tv. Never a problem. Never have to reload. A lot of times on away games we will have 2 IPads and the tv on three different games.

And I am almost 69 y/o. Surely you youngsters can figure this out.

Me too but I'm only 67.
Shoefly!
AG
trouble said:

It's the YTTV. I had to constantly revalidate with it.

Yep, my son had problems with YT Sunday.
greg.w.h
AG
Lake08 said:

jja79 said:

ESPN app. Use Spectrum as your TV Provider and your account credentials to login to Spectrum (called authentication) so they can share your license grants with ESPN.

That covers everything except ESPN+ which requires a separate subscription via Disney+ Bunfle but is NOT required to watch HOME SEC games. ESPN+ sometimes is used when we have away games like with the Big 12 schools (but not for event games like early season visits to Frisco, Globe Life Field, or Minute Maid.)

You generally will re-authenticate TV Provider occasionally but it will always seem a little too often.
greg.w.h
AG
Regarding Spectrum: when you are on your HOME WiFi or hardwire it USUALLY should automatically authenticate without entering credentials. Away from home some licenses can't be viewed from the SpectrumTV app (think Bally's). But the home network is mostly very resilient EXCEPT if you're in a Spectrum Residential Community (apt, senior facility) which then it is poop du jour.
RossWag
AG
I have a Firestick and many apps including ESPN, which is where you can get the ESPN + and SEC + network games. It is a bit frustrating locating the game because they have them listed in different locations in the App and the search sucks
Wahoo82
AG
greg.w.h said:

Regarding Spectrum: when you are on your HOME WiFi or hardwire it USUALLY should automatically authenticate without entering credentials. Away from home some licenses can't be viewed from the SpectrumTV app (think Bally's). But the home network is mostly very resilient EXCEPT if you're in a Spectrum Residential Community (apt, senior facility) which then it is poop du jour.
But you can watch most stations on the spectrum phone or tablet app from anywhere without re-authenticating. We watched a baseball game from Many Glaciers Lodge once via our Spectrum account.
jja79
AG
Haven't we been watching games on SECN+ for years?
greg.w.h
AG
Wahoo82 said:

greg.w.h said:

But you can watch most stations on the spectrum phone or tablet app from anywhere without re-authenticating. We watched a baseball game from Many Glaciers Lodge once via our Spectrum account.
I've experienced being unable to authenticate on Spectrum for days at a time in the not too distant past. But it is better now.
trouble
AG
Yes
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.