SEC Network

2,992 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by MSFC Aggie
drthoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm usually on the road for the midweek games. I carry a Roku with me along with a cable (HDMI). Hook it up and have no problem. Never have to re-validate.

Like dermdoc, I have DirecTV.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
dermdoc
AG
jja79 said:

Haven't we been watching games on SECN+ for years?
Yes. But this subject always comes up. Makes me feel smarter.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
I knew the answer, was just wondering how long this recurring theme plays out. You and I are about 140 years old combined and figured it out. No excuses for the youngsters.
drthoop
AG
jja79 said:

I knew the answer, was just wondering how long this recurring theme plays out. You and I are about 140 years old combined and figured it out. No excuses for the youngsters.
Throw me in the mix and we're over 200.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
AmC_OldSarge
AG

I have YTTV and never have to re-validate (except for my Samsung Frame, which has made me do it twice this season), but on the rest of my TV's I use Roku's and never have to re-validate. Are the folks here have validation issues using the native ESPN app on your TV or an AppleTV? The ESPN app is garbage. Lately if I want to watch the game later, I have to use the search feature to find it as it isn't listed with all the other day(s) games.
Jethro95
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

KidDoc said:

MSFC Aggie said:

I'm getting really tired of having to log out and log back into ESPN everyday
Their app is awful! I usually just watch it from my desktop which is hooked into my main TV.
I don't think it's just the app. I watch from my laptop from time to time also, and I always need to re-validate there too.
I have the same issue. Doesn't matter what device I have to log out and back in every day. I have a ticket open with YouTube TV as ESPN says it's the provider that sets the duration. They still don't have a solution.
KidDoc
AG
This is bullcrap! Cannot watch what I'm paying for on my phone.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MSFC Aggie
AG
AmC_OldSarge said:

I have YTTV and never have to re-validate (except for my Samsung Frame, which has made me do it twice this season), but on the rest of my TV's I use Roku's and never have to re-validate. Are the folks here have validation issues using the native ESPN app on your TV or an AppleTV? The ESPN app is garbage. Lately if I want to watch the game later, I have to use the search feature to find it as it isn't listed with all the other day(s) games.
I have YTTV and have to re-authenticate at least once a day on my built in app (Samsung smart TV), my Roku, my laptop, and my phone. So it's definitely device independent. Doing some research, it sounds like it may be a Synacor security thing in the Google process. A redit said to kill that process, but not sure exactly how to do that. I've got a message into Google.

Bottomline, I think this is a Google issue.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.