*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

354,352 Views | 3924 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Positivelyag512
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two future SEC teams playing off for the national championship is one of the more intriguing storylines, too.

Wish we could have gotten past Texas in the super, but progress was visible and palpable!!
nereus
AG
aginlakeway said:

HeyAbbott said:

This is the biggest advantage by far in college athletics and it needs to change. OU never has to leave its hometown area for the entire NCAA tournament and gets to utilize all of those advantages in recruiting and selling their program.

Is there another stadium that could host it? I don't think there's any stadium close in size. And they spend a ton of money to get to host. No one else is going to do that.
That stadium is awesome for softball and there isn't a good alternative. Off topic, but I wish they would host the softball tournament at the 2028 Olympics in OKC. I know it won't happen and they will be playing somewhere in LA as the host city (does anyone know where yet?), but they have had other offsite locations for other sports before and OKC isn't ever going to host the entire Olympics.

Watching Olympic softball last Olympics right after watching the WCWS that year was such a stark contrast in atmosphere. They had some COVID issues as well that year, but it would be such a better atmosphere/product for in person and TV if they did it in OKC.

We had in in 2020, not this year, and back in 2028. Decent chance it stays for 2032 with it being in Australia but I haven't hear anything official. Need to put on a good show for it to have a chance to become a core sport again and OKC is the best place for that to happen.
Wicked Good Ag
HeyAbbott said:

This is the biggest advantage by far in college athletics and it needs to change. OU never has to leave its hometown area for the entire NCAA tournament and gets to utilize all of those advantages in recruiting and selling their program.
so with this take why doesnt Nebraska baseball win every year since it is in Omaha ?

Thw WCWS has been there for over 30 years at least. It is the same to girls playing softball as it is for biys playing baseball. Dream to play in OKC/Omaha after Willamsport of course
Astroag
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

HeyAbbott said:

so with this take why doesnt Nebraska baseball win every year since it is in Omaha ?

Thw WCWS has been there for over 30 years at least. It is the same to girls playing softball as it is for biys playing baseball. Dream to play in OKC/Omaha after Willamsport of course

I think the point is that it's a huuuuge advantage when they get there that no one else receives or even has the opportunity to receive. It's only been exacerbated by the recent, post NIL run they've been on.
Rongagin71
AG
woodometer said:

aginlakeway said:

Wabs said:

For the record, softball national championships:

A&M: 2
Sip: 0

For the record, softball national championships:

A&M: 3 1982 AIAW, 1983 NCAA, 1987 NCAA
Sip: 0
A&M did well in 1980's sports.
fitzwatema
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

HeyAbbott said:

Maybe because Nebraska university is in Lincoln, Nebraska and that's where their home games are played.
LB12Diamond
AG
If Nebraska ever put a team/program together strong enough playing in Omaha would definitely help a ton.

Are ones really questioning that aspect?

Also helps that OU has not done much in anything else for 24 years so their fans are focused on the one team that wins.
MSTC Man
AG
Do we start a new thread for the upcoming year or keep with this one? We have had a couple of our incoming freshman named to Gatorade Player of the year. Sydney Lessentine and Taylor Brown.

MSTC Man
AG
Add another pitcher

PlanoGuy
fitzwatema said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

HeyAbbott said:

Maybe because Nebraska university is in Lincoln, Nebraska and that's where their home games are played.
Well, OU is in Norman and not OKC
"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
PlanoGuy
LB12Diamond said:

If Nebraska ever put a team/program together strong enough playing in Omaha would definitely help a ton.

Also helps that OU has not done much in anything else for 24 years so their fans are focused on the one team that wins.
In the last 24 years, OU has won national championships in football, softball, men's golf, women's gymnastics, men's gymnastics, men's tennis and were runner-up in men's basketball, women's basketball and baseball
LB12Diamond
AG
Was I off on that football title by a year?

Oh wait. I just looked it up. It was 2000. So I had it right. 24 years. Dang Sooner bud. Don't even know how long it's been for your own team.

Thanks for proving my point.
Positivelyag512
We are an Aggie Softball Forum, and Kate Munnerlyn is the name you'll know very soon. She is the reinforcement to help Emily Kennedy next year; Kate is the 23/24 Gatorade player of the year in Cali, her 2nd time getting that honor
PlanoGuy
LB12Diamond said:

Was I off on that football title by a year?

Oh wait. I just looked it up. It was 2000. So I had it right. 24 years. Dang Sooner bud. Don't even know how long it's been for your own team.

Thanks for proving my point.
OU Football won the national championship on Jan 3rd, 2001
LB12Diamond
AG
LOL, which as football fans know is recorded as the 2000 NCs bc it's related to the regular season year. Maybe you are full blown softball guy now.
PlanoGuy
Agreed! They won the NC for the 2000 season that began in SEP 2000 and the 2024 season has not yet begun. Thus, less than 24 seasons.
Faustus
PlanoGuy said:

LB12Diamond said:

In the last 24 years, OU has won national championships in football, softball, men's golf, women's gymnastics, men's gymnastics, men's tennis and were runner-up in men's basketball, women's basketball and baseball

Alternatively you could have pointed out the 3.5k posts on the Aggie women's tennis thread.

https://texags.com/forums/10/topics/3434974/next
Boozer92
AG
MSTC Man said:

Add another pitcher

So 3 of the incoming pitchers were the Gatorade Player of the year in their state. Great job recruiting by this staff.
Deerdude
Coach Ford building something here.
LB12Diamond
AG
Thus 24 years. Not seasons. Hold on to that one year difference if it helps you sleep at night. Present recruits were not alive 23 or 24 years ago. But some might remember the last time OU and A&M played one another. But probably not even that one.
Indianrider
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
PlanoGuy said:

LB12Diamond said:

Pshh. Get back to me when you're hoisting a Meat Judging natty trophy. Until then, you're living in our world, buddy!!
Wicked Good Ag
fitzwatema said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

HeyAbbott said:

And the WCWS is in OKC not Norman

frankie00
I am a newbie and this is my first post. Have been lurking since this time last year. I hope this post works.

I was excited when Coach Ford and staff came to Aggieland. Hopefully 'energize' the program. They have.

I use the forum to find out news. This morning is the news about the three incoming pitchers winning Gatorade Player of the Year in their states. I think twice for a couple of them.

Will see how adding links work here. Gatorade Player of the Year awards and PG Softball Player rankings to see what players are on the 2025 list:

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/winner/state

https://www.perfectgame.org/softball/Rankings/PlayerRankings.aspx?sprid=7

Note that OU is re-loading well again, nothing different. But so are the Aggies!

I had planned on joining late summer because some on the forum live in College Station and will be attending next Fall's games. The scores, stats, etc. are not published but last year I got most of the scores here and hoping to get them again this year. Perhaps also who got playing time, how they did, etc.

Enough for a first post - wow!
PlanoGuy

Boozer92
AG
Interesting move.
Boozer92
AG

Is this her commit tweet?
MSTC Man
AG
Boozer92 said:

Is this her commit tweet?

Yes
Positivelyag512
Portal: I think they've added three portals so far

I wouldn't doubt they had a portal or two visiting at Blue Bell. Yesterday, Halle tweeted she was there
Astroag
AG
Positivelyag512 said:

Portal: I think they've added three portals so far

I wouldn't doubt they had a portal or two visiting at Blue Bell. Yesterday, Halle tweeted she was there

Which 3? I only saw the 1 hitter
Positivelyag512
Only one has announced, and several haven't yet; it's personal when the player wants to put it on Twitter, IG, or Whatever platform they want to announce it on.
Cole9335
AG
A couple of the players are following grace sparks, including EK. Solid righty in the portal from ole miss. If I had to guess I'd put my money there
Boozer92
AG
I will trust coach's eval on pitchers. Hopefully Ford can make her the player who had a complete game shutout against Arkansas
PlanoGuy
Avery Hodge (OU) to the portal. Would not surprise me at all if she ended up at A&M
MSTC Man
AG
PlanoGuy said:

Avery Hodge (OU) to the portal. Would not surprise me at all if she ended up at A&M

I would take her. She had a really good WCWS.
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.