*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

359,858 Views | 3924 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Positivelyag512
hipnix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PlanoGuy said:

LB12Diamond said:

When it finally gets broken, they will be like all the other top teams. But it has to get broken. Having that home field advantage also helps it not getting broken easily.

Look at Tiger Woods. Such a mental edge that helped him win for a long time. But when it finally broke, the flood gates came in.

OU's pitching is not close to what they had the last two years but it appears it's not going to matter.
Agreed. Losing Jordy Bahl created a big hole in the pitching staff. While Maxwell somewhat filled that void, she is not Bahl.

OU has some elite freshman pitchers coming in and I would expect Gasso bringing in 1-2 pitchers in the portal.

And that's the problem. They will skim the cream off the top and everyone else will fight over what's left. They are almost to the point of getting girls out of the portal to keep them out of other programs.
dixichkn
AG
Tori Vidales. For God's sake.

Did ESiPN make you put on that puke orange outfit or did you do that willingly? Lose a bet?
Ag1188
AG
I hope we crank up the NIL money for Softball. Coach Ford said she's trying to get more funds. We ought to be making a big push in softball. We're close to a title run, but we just need to fund some critical pieces of the lineup for coach. Baseball and Softball are both the only 2 major sports legitimately in the ballpark of winning a National Championship in the next year or two. So let's give Coach Ford the money she needs, and Schlossnagle too.
Astroag
AG
Ag1188 said:

I hope we crank up the NIL money for Softball. Coach Ford said she's trying to get more funds. We ought to be making a big push in softball. We're close to a title run, but we just need to fund some critical pieces of the lineup for coach. Baseball and Softball are both the only 2 major sports legitimately in the ballpark of winning a National Championship in the next year or two. So let's give Coach Ford the money she needs, and Schlossnagle too.

Do you need the link to Texas Aggies United?

In all seriousness, I do wonder what the going rates are for top level athletes in non-revenue sports?

For example, what did Ty have to pay Mac Morgan to go there?

hipnix
Keely is in the portal. Showed up on Softball America's transfer tracker
Boozer92
AG
There was a farewell tweet from her that was fairly quickly deleted so I thought she may have changed her mind. We will see
AGGIEGMA9
FYI. Our tennis girls just won the championship and our golfers are near the top. Let's make sure all of our ladies are in the mix for funds.

Patricia Brunner
6 Aggies
Astroag
AG
AGGIEGMA9 said:

FYI. Our tennis girls just won the championship and our golfers are near the top. Let's make sure all of our ladies are in the mix for funds.

Patricia Brunner

I watched it all…I'm just curious what NIL for non-rev spotters actually costs. I can't imagine it's much comparatively to football/baseball/basketball.
t-rex
AG
Does anyone have email or contact # for softball staff? Please PM me if you have it.
RGV AG
AG
OU pays very well. A non scholly player at OU can easily pay for all school expenses and have money left over.

I understand the Ags are fairly competitive from what I understand. This coach is doing a good job.
Astroag
AG
RGV AG said:

OU pays very well. A non scholly player at OU can easily pay for all school expenses and have money left over.

I understand the Ags are fairly competitive from what I understand. This coach is doing a good job.

Sounds like it really wouldn't take a ton of NIL to load your roster…
Gigemchicken90
AG
The NIL department that former golf coach Higgins is in charge of is giving signed baseballs for 250.00 contributions to NIL. It seems like they could do similar for all sports. I would love to have a Kennedy signed ball.
'90
fitzwatema
AG
That's a great idea. I would love to have one with the signatures of this year's senior class.
Aggies2009
AG
hipnix said:

PlanoGuy said:

LB12Diamond said:

When it finally gets broken, they will be like all the other top teams. But it has to get broken. Having that home field advantage also helps it not getting broken easily.

Look at Tiger Woods. Such a mental edge that helped him win for a long time. But when it finally broke, the flood gates came in.

OU's pitching is not close to what they had the last two years but it appears it's not going to matter.
Agreed. Losing Jordy Bahl created a big hole in the pitching staff. While Maxwell somewhat filled that void, she is not Bahl.

OU has some elite freshman pitchers coming in and I would expect Gasso bringing in 1-2 pitchers in the portal.

And that's the problem. They will skim the cream off the top and everyone else will fight over what's left. They are almost to the point of getting girls out of the portal to keep them out of other programs.

Yep. I really don't get people being upset that we removed Haley Lees banner or whatever. She quit on her team here to join a made team to chase a ring.
Deerdude
Coach Ford- if they sign them, we will buy.
Howdyagjk
giveemhell
Texas lighting up Florida, 5-0 after just one inning played.
StinkyPinky
AG
giveemhell said:

We were so close
sharpdressedman
Fumbling away the SR to tu is more painful every day.
cevans_40
AG
StinkyPinky said:

giveemhell said:

We were so close

Makes the BS seeding even worse and the few mental mistakes hurt worse.

Also some of the game 3 losses we had had early in SEC play came back to haunt us.
trouble
AG
Wrong thread again. Damnit
R8ted
Stone44 said:

Sorry, but tu is not very good. If they were in the SEC they would be Missouri. And they think this is the best team they've ever had? Way overrated. The Aggies took him to the very end with an average team
Run ruled SEC champs. Lol
Dark_Knight
AG
And sips barely beat A&M, doesnt say much.
R8ted
Ouch! Sick burn!
Anyone can beat the ags, right?
Boozer92
AG

A few days old but great twitter thread touting the success of our transfers. Sounds like we are big game hunting
LB12Diamond
AG
We score 19 runs in 3 games vs the sips.

In 3 CWS games they have given up 0.

Crazy
Rule#2
AG
Just an indictment to how absolutely hosed we were on seeding
Wabs
AG
The likely national champion outscored us 20-19 over 3 games. So incredibly hosed on our seeding.
TexasRebel
AG
Wabs said:

The likely national champion outscored us 20-19 over 3 games. So incredibly hosed on our seeding.

More than just seeding.
LB12Diamond
AG
Yes

But it also shows our program is headed on a great trajectory.
Dark_Knight
AG
Overrated sips lucked out
PhatMack19
AG
Both teams playing for the championship will be in our conference next year.

PlanoGuy
Aggie88
AG
One of those teams should not be there.
greg.w.h
AG
Dark_Knight said:

Overrated sips lucked out
You do realize it's a national reputation that they earned in many sports even if not recently???
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.