*****Fightin Texas Aggies at Kentucky Wildcats -Saturday, game 2*****

61,127 Views | 931 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RED AG 98
aeroag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginlakeway said:

yell_on_6th st said:

Looking ahead to Arky, still don't trust pitching

The Arkansas team that just got swept at Georgia?

No series will be easy with out team. We have the potential to sweep any series. We also have the potential to get swept in any series.
aginlakeway
AG
aeroag14 said:

aginlakeway said:

yell_on_6th st said:

Looking ahead to Arky, still don't trust pitching

The Arkansas team that just got swept at Georgia?

No series will be easy with out team. We have the potential to sweep any series. We also have the potential to get swept in any series.

100% agree. Which is why most of our series are 2-1.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
A little late to the party, but I believe we'll all look back and have Kentucky's coach to thank for intentionally walking Minnich and allowing Bost to re-solidify his confidence and clutch-ness. Believing this could be the turning point of his season and the moment we say our "road to Omaha" began
94chem
You have such an odd posting history. How does that happen?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
W
AG
the UK coach did violate one of the unwritten rules...

about intentionally walking / putting the go-ahead run on base.

it meant the Ags didn't need a homer to take the lead -- a double or triple would suffice

and that's what Bost delivered
RED AG 98
AG
Between that and the three bunt outs in the second inning of the first game (the last with two outs and the bases loaded) I'll re-up what I said earlier:

Mingione overmanages to the extreme. He would drive me absolutely insane as a fan.
Andrew99
AG
RED AG 98 said:

TexAg1987 said:

RED AG 98 said:

What was the super long delay in the seventh or eighth when they got the hit to go up one and we changed pitchers?

UK challenged that we didn't touch home plate.

***edit - that was when we went up and they changed pitchers
Maybe it's just because I was watching on statcast in the restaurant at that point, but it seemed like after they got the hit to go back ahead B7 there was a very long delay... (shrugs)
If I remember right, it seemed like the umpire was warning the KY coach about celebrating or staying in the dugout. The umpires discussed something with their coach after which he motioned to his players to get back. Then the umpires went to discuss something with our coach, probably delivering the same message.
trouble
AG
Wright warned the coach about chirping about balls/strikes. He likes to toss coaches
RED AG 98
AG
Ah ok. Thanks!
aeroag14
AG
W said:

the UK coach did violate one of the unwritten rules...

about intentionally walking / putting the go-ahead run on base.

it meant the Ags didn't need a homer to take the lead -- a double or triple would suffice

and that's what Bost delivered

He waited until the count was 2-0 before making the call. Minnich is the maybe the hottest hitter in the sec not named Dylan crews. Asking his pitcher to try and throw strikes to Minnich at 2-0 is not a great option either.
Aggie1188
W said:

Schloss coached the other dugout under the table and then some today

masterful
We were one out away from Schloss costing us the game by having left Cortez in too long. Literally, if Bost hadn't had that hit…..we would all rightfully be saying Schloss cost us another SEC game.

Hopefully he learns a lesson from the Cortez scenario as it was clear he sucked from the first batter he faced today.
trouble
AG
I think this link will take you to the insta story that shows Minnich scoring on the Bost hit. He's just slightly pissed they walked him.

https://instagram.com/stories/aggiebaseball/3086992101404292827?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
rathAG05
AG
Aggie1188 said:

W said:

masterful
We were one out away from Schloss costing us the game by having left Cortez in too long. Literally, if Bost hadn't had that hit…..we would all rightfully be saying Schloss cost us another SEC game.

Hopefully he learns a lesson from the Cortez scenario as it was clear he sucked from the first batter he faced today.
Some of y'all just need a target to blame. You "hope he learned his lesson".... good grief. We win a HUGE SEC series, and let's talk about what would have happened if Cortez gets left in one batter too long. Get a life.
CapCityAg89
AG
trouble said:

Sonic to run for Moss

I did NOT understand this move. That run wasn't for the win or even the lead. Why remove the best bat when you could go extras? Moss isn't that slow.
trouble
AG
Only 1 out and Sonic is quicker off the jump? I'm not really sure.
aginlakeway
AG
Aggie1188 said:

W said:

masterful

Which other SEC games has he cost us?

How many games since he arrives has he won us?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG
rathAG05 said:

Aggie1188 said:

W said:

masterful

Some of y'all just need a target to blame. You "hope he learned his lesson".... good grief. We win a HUGE SEC series, and let's talk about what would have happened if Cortez gets left in one batter too long. Get a life.

No kidding. You can play the "what if" game on the other side. For every game.

This was a HUGE series win for us.
trouble
AG
Right? I believe my signature covers this.

If I can't have moral victories, you brats can't have moral losses.
Agdad081216
Maybe part of the rhp problems were the uk hitters??? CC was told to nibble and was not getting the calls.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
rathAG05
AG
Let's go back a few seasons and recall how long Childress would leave in pitchers to their detriment. Schloss has always had a short hook, however this season he has to let pitchers pitch out of situations due to not having anyone else he trusts behind them.
aeroag14
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

trouble said:

Sonic to run for Moss

I did NOT understand this move. That run wasn't for the win or even the lead. Why remove the best bat when you could go extras? Moss isn't that slow.

Yes Moss is that slow. He is easily the slowest starter. Great batter and player, but slow as hell. In fact I think the worst coaching decision all day was asking Moss to steal earlier. Dude had no shot.

Who cares if the moss run wasn't for the lead. It was do or die. You don't worry about extras until you get there. Because what's the point of planning for extras if you don't make it to them? The pinch runner was the right move.

I presume if it had gone to extras you move Targac to first and then sun in a new pinch hitter
RED AG 98
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

trouble said:

Sonic to run for Moss

I think the extra bulk Moss added this year has slowed him down a few steps. It's good weight - he carries it well and looks to be much stronger - but it cost him a little in the speed department.

I'd already thought this prior to yesterday, and then he gets thrown out by 2 or 3 steps on the attempted steal early in the game…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.