*****Aggies vs. Ole Miss - Saturday*****

74,926 Views | 1064 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WC87
AggieArchitect04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#1AG777 said:

Please give me an example of when a good coach came to A&M and got better? Maybe Coach Henry in track? Anyone else? I think we could list the the ones that seemed to get worse…

Lance Uppercut
AG
at first: Bost

Minnich

1-0 Ball low
2-0 Ball outside
2-1 Called
3-1 Ball high and outside
3-2 Foul

Walks

Runners at 1st and 2nd

Rebels: 14
Aggies: 5

Bot 8th
2 out

Runs/Hits/Errors
OLE: 14/10/0
AGS: 5/11/0
#1AG777 said:

Please give me an example of when a good coach came to A&M and got better? Maybe Coach Henry in track? Anyone else? I think we could list the the ones that seemed to get worse…
So who would you have hired? Do you really think we are going to steal a coach that has won a CWS?
#1AG777
AG
Man I respect your eternal optimism. It tempers my pragmatism and realist perspective.
trouble
AG
The hell is wrong with you
Sterling82
#1AG777 said:

Just not a good team this year. I am really questioning our pitching coach this year as well. And I'm starting to wonder if we just got really lucky last year. Regression to the Aggie mean is just getting too painful…

This isn't currently regression to the mean. It's well below it. Now this is one game and we might turn the season around. But it's hard to envision it when we don't have a single pitcher that's reliable...not at the moment anyway.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
May have not gotten a lot better but did get a lot richer!!
jkag89
Lance Uppercut
AG
-Pitching Change Ole Miss-
RHP-Vera
1-1
10.43 ERA
14.2 IP
.313 BAA
Wabs
AG
Any idea who the hell is starting tomorrow?
Bondag
AG
Don't quote the trolls!

Never post little Debbie
AggieArchitect04
AG
April fools?
Rule#2
AG
jkag89 said:

#1AG777 said:

So who would you have hired? Do you really think we are going to steal a coach that has won a CWS?

I don't have a problem hiring Schloss. But it seems he should be more focused on his pitching staff than any kind of stadium renovation or old men with newspapers in the stands.
AggieBB
AG
Wabs said:

Any idea who the hell is starting tomorrow?
Lucas Davenport
AgE2theBONE
AG
Rule#2 said:

jkag89 said:

#1AG777 said:

I don't have a problem hiring Schloss. But it seems he should be more focused on his pitching staff than any kind of stadium renovation or old men with newspapers in the stands.

Yeah, you should get in touch and let him know how to do his job. He's only coached 6 teams to Omaha. I'm sure he'd listen to your wisened input.
HeyAbbott
AG
Sidd Finch is our starting pitcher tomorrow.
Lance Uppercut
AG
at first: Minnich
at second: Bost

Werner

0-1 Called

F9 for out #3

Caught shy of the track in right

End 8th

Runs/Hits/Errors
Rule#2 said:

jkag89 said:

#1AG777 said:

Not sure what yeskie is doing but we ran off better pitchers for some of his guys.
AggieBB
AG
We're actually out hitting them 11-10.
jkag89
#1AG777 said:

Man I respect your eternal optimism. It tempers my pragmatism and realist perspective.
Been following Aggie baseball a long, long time. I've found I have enjoyed it a whole lot more when I take the ups and the downs as they come. I honestly don't understand why some Ags watch any sport at all. They always seem to be miserable even in good to excellent seasons.
Aggies2009
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

Rule#2 said:

jkag89 said:

#1AG777 said:

Yeah, you should get in touch and let him know how to do his job. He's only coached 6 teams to Omaha. I'm sure he'd listen to your wisened input.
What he did at TCU means little to me. Last year was an incredible year for sure, and I'm willing to be patient and watch him work.

But watching our team put on poor showing after poor showing while he badmouths our fanbase and worries about the dance team doesn't really help things.
94chem
14 runs on 10 hits. Schloss isn't going to put up with this. Y'all need to chill out. The only people afraid should be the ones throwing balls.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Lance Uppercut
AG
Groff

1-0 Ball high

F8

Top 9th
1 out

Runs/Hits/Errors
Rule#2
AG
PREACH
MSFC Aggie
AG
HeyAbbott said:

powerbelly
AG
jkag89 said:

#1AG777 said:

Been following Aggie baseball a long, long time. I've found I have enjoyed it a whole lot more when I take the ups and the downs as they come. I honestly don't understand why some Ags watch any sport at all. They always seem to be miserable even in good to excellent seasons.
Lots of aggies love being miserable and relish every opportunity to brag about it.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Gonzalez

1-0 Ball low and outside
2-0 Ball low
3-0 Ball low

Walks

Top 9th
1 out

Runs/Hits/Errors

14 runs on 10 hits. Schloss isn't going to put up with this. Y'all need to chill out. The only people afraid should be the ones throwing balls.

I agree but they picked these guys so it's on them
JDay
He might want to discuss it with the guy that gets paid to develop pitchers into strike throwers as well.
Sterling82
powerbelly said:

jkag89 said:

#1AG777 said:

Lots of aggies love being miserable and relish every opportunity to brag about it.

It's not unique to A&M.
jkag89
HeyAbbott said:

Birmingham probably won't let him keep his French Horn in the dugout so even he won't be able to throw strikes.
Bondag
AG
Yet another strike 3 not called
Aggies2009
AG
Rule#2 said:

PREACH
I don't know about "preaching". I want Schloss to do well and I want our players to do well. It's frustrating watching some guys go out and strike out in big moments over and over, but they feel far worse than any of us will.

After watching him last year, we know what he CAN do.
Gap
AG
94chem said:

Schloss isn't going to put up with this. Y'all need to chill out. The only people afraid should be the ones throwing balls.

Huh? He put this team together.

He doesn't get to go argue with the manager that the team isn't what he ordered off the menu. It is his team for 2023. He is the captain who put the pieces together, coaches them, and makes the decisions on who is in the lineup each game.
Lance Uppercut
AG
at first: Gonzalez

Alderman

0-1 Called
0-2 Swing and miss
Fouled back
1-2 Ball outside
2-2 Ball low
-Wild pitch, Runner moves up to 2nd-

1-3

Runner at 2nd

Top 9th
2 out

Runs/Hits/Errors

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.