***Aggies in the Majors/Minors*** 2.0

33,846 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by t38inst
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corbin Martin was claimed by the Brewers and optioned to AAA.

Raley with another scoreless inning today for the Mets.

Minter with a perfect inning with 3K's and ends up getting the Win vs the Marlins.

Bryce Miller with an WHIP under 1 through 18.1 innings this year.
Mr.Ackar07
After a shaky start to his big league career (4 runs in 1.2 innings through 2 games), Kolek has settled down over his last 8 appearances allowing only 1 run in 9.1 innings.
Aggie1205
AG
Fun fact. Minter now has more wins on the year than the White Sox.
Mr.Ackar07
Braden Shewmake stole third and home on consecutive "pitches". I say "pitches" because he stole third without a pitch being thrown.

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/chicago-highlights/watch-white-sox-braden-shewmake-steals-third-and-home/557334/
Aggie1205
AG
White Sox are calling up Deloach.
Aggie1205
AG
But in bad news Raley is getting TJ surgery.
Aggie1205
AG
DeLoach just walked. No first hit but his first MLB time on base.

White Sox sent Shewmake down last week so we are holding at on MLB position player right now.
Mr.Ackar07
Some updates have been made for guys moving up the ladder in MiLB.

Corbin Martin was dropped and picked up by yet another team this year as he is now with the Orioles.

I think Lew Ford finally dropped the "player" from his "player/coach" role with the Long Island Ducks, so I moved him to the retired section.

I moved Kent & Larkins to the free agent section as I cannot find any activity with them for 2024. Some of these guys in the free agent category may be officially retired by now, but I will keep looking a bit longer before moving them down into the other posts.
Sean98
AG
Aggie1205
AG
If the White Sox sell that might open up opportunities for Shew and DeLoach. Shew is on the minor league IL right now though.
you moran
AG
The Lugnuts. Lol. Minor League names rule.
Aggie1205
AG
As of yet I haven't noticed any Aggie minor leaguers changing hands at the deadline yet.
CrocsAg20
AG
In Charlotte tonight watching the Knights. DeLoach in LF and hitting 4 hole! Hoffman got a few innings on the bump. Roughed up a bit
Mr.Ackar07
Updated for all the new professional Aggies. Dylan Rock and Will Frizzell were both released at the end of July and are now Free Agents.
DallasAg10
AG
Saw Jackson Appel hit the roster for Kannapolis! Gotta try to catch a game with him. Carolina minor league is really fun - especially for kids.

Wonder if he'll move to Single A advanced next season? Do you typically advance up each level depending on the needs of the teams?
StinkyPinky
AG
DallasAg10 said:

Saw Jackson Appel hit the roster for Kannapolis! Gotta try to catch a game with him. Carolina minor league is really fun - especially for kids.

Wonder if he'll move to Single A advanced next season? Do you typically advance up each level depending on the needs of the teams?
Definitely will be pulling for him. Such a great kid. Would love to see him in the Bigs one day
Sean98
AG
DallasAg10 said:

you advance as fast as you earn. Christian Moore started in Low A. Hit .500+ with 3HRs in 2 games then skipped High A and went straight to AA
Farmer1906
AG
Its a little different for a top 10 pick.
DallasAg10
AG
StinkyPinky said:

DallasAg10 said:

Definitely will be pulling for him. Such a great kid. Would love to see him in the Bigs one day
Ditto. The White Sox are a mess right now, so hoping to watch him climb into The Show. As a Chicago native that is obligated by blood to pull for the White Sox, I hope to see Appel behind the plate for them.

He's a great catch and will miss seeing him around Olsen. Looking forward to pulling for him around the Carolina League and South Atlantic League while he's here.
BBGigem
AG
For those that don't know. Dettmer had a bone spur in his right elbow. Had it scoped and removed in June. Started throwing the baseball again last week. Won't make it back in time for this season but should be 100% next season.
Aggie1205
AG
Minter to the IL and will need surgery.

Stripling is being moved to the bullpen for the A's.
Mr.Ackar07

Matt Kent has signed with the Rakuten Monkey's and will return to the Chinese Professional Baseball League. In his first start, he allowed only 1 run in 7 innings.
Mr.Ackar07
Here's an English version: http://cpblstats.com/rakuten-monkeys-sign-matthew-kent-2024-season/
trouble
AG
Bryce Miller is an ATHLETE. Minks is jealous.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-6vtP3RHnX/?igsh=MTUycHVtanB6OTZwNg==
jkag89
Nice.

Need to get Bryce out of Seattle. Some NL team that isn't the Effin' Dodgers.
Sean98
AG
AJ Minter... hip surgery. Out for the year.

Bad year to be a Brave.
jkag89
Feel bad for AJ but not the Braves.
trouble
AG
100%
ArcheryAg
No D1 player should be in Indy ball. I get for the love of the game but that's a tough place to be.
xcaggie08
AG
Wacha continuing to have a great season for the Royals, got to watch him shove against the Phillies tonight with 6IP, 6H, 2R, 5K. His ERA is at 3.32 for the season.
Sean98
AG
ArcheryAg said:

No D1 player should be in Indy ball. I get for the love of the game but that's a tough place to be.
Griffin Doersching, the slugging media darling from OkState a few years ago played for the Milwaukee Milkmen vs KC Monarchs at a game I watched last week.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Sean98
AG
His record moved to 11-6 on the season as well.
war hymn aggie
AG
Wacha sitting at 99 career MLB wins. He's been on a tear the 2nd half of the year.

He's 2nd to Rip Collins in career wins for an Aggie MLB player and Collins played 100 years ago.

Fun fact:
Collins also coined the nickname to AWH author "Pinky" Wilson when they both went to Austin High back in the 19-teens.
Sean98
AG
Beautiful sequence from Bryce

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_LKLbSO93B/?igsh=N2JpNGMzZDcwYmZl
Aggie1205
AG
Appel hitting .150 so far but with an OBP of .393. Only 26 PA's so SSS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.