Former Schloss Pitcher Interview

4,608 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Captain Pablo
Jorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

We interviewed Haylen Green who was a 2X All American for TCU and he gave us some pretty good insight into what kind of coach we are getting in College Station this year! He came on around the 26 minute mark.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5RcVfdYyPAXKFSXHlQklrx?si=88827ee5aa6045de
** NSFW **
swimmerbabe11
Haylen was a nasty pitcher. Love him.
I hope the draft treats him well.
Jorf
AG
Great kid too. He talks about how switching his arm angle changed his career.
powerbelly
AG
Can someone post cliff notes?
Jorf
AG
Because of the cussing or the audio? Serious question, as in I do most of the editing. I can work on the audio quality, the cussing is something we haven't grown out of yet lol
swimmerbabe11
I found it pretty fun.

Cliffnotes:
Schloss is an ******* unless you think he's not.
Sarloos told him to play with sidearm and that changed his whole career.
**** Kstate for realsies. But like.. for real. ugh.
Talking mess is fun, but screw the people who talk mess and are benchwarming. And screw the ump in the DBU game. Haylen likes to celebrate, so he doesn't mind when batters do.

I'm still listening.
powerbelly
AG
Jorf said:

Because of the cussing or the audio? Serious question, as in I do most of the editing. I can work on the audio quality, the cussing is something we haven't grown out of yet lol
The whole presentation is poor. The audio, the cussing, the seeming lack of preparation, constant talking over each other.

swimmerbabe11
You did a good job of matching audio except for his entrance music which was very loud
Y'alls mics aren't amazing and I can tell, but I have a lot of grace for that sort of thing because I listen to a few homegrown podcasts. Audio levels (like one person being way louder than another) is my pet peeve and that's is pretty good.
swimmerbabe11
Really? I feel like it is organic, but the conversation is never awkward or forced. I have heard way worse where people yell over each other.

Cussing doesn't bother me.

It sounds like your style is a little more looking for a proper, tight interview format..this is a little more casual and loose.
Jorf
AG
It is really hard to do it over zoom. We are just now starting to get enough traction to get better mics and gonna start recording in person. It is all stuff they we have learned on the run and this is the first time I have gotten real feed back lol So I appreciate it lol But I thought he had some interesting stories. We are recording with Daniel Mengden and JTrain next, so we will try to fix everything but the cussing lol
Jorf
AG
When we get guys on the pod, the text literally says "would you be interested in shooting the **** and talking ball with us?" We are like an unprofessional mix of PMT and Pat McAfee Show, well at least that is what we are shooting for.
Jorf
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

You did a good job of matching audio except for his entrance music which was very loud
Y'alls mics aren't amazing and I can tell, but I have a lot of grace for that sort of thing because I listen to a few homegrown podcasts. Audio levels (like one person being way louder than another) is my pet peeve and that's is pretty good.
I have issues with this part cause I get too hyped listening to it lol
swimmerbabe11
I listen to a similar podcast called 5ToolSports, but its mostly NFL/NBA analysis. I don't listen to the NBA because orange bouncyballs confuse me. They struggle with talking over each other way more than this..but that's partially because they argue a bunch.

I'm friends with the guy who does their editing, so I've learned stuff about it too. They all just bought blue yetis so that the audio quality is consistent across the board.

Haylen's mic sounds better than y'alls I think lol.
Jorf
AG
He was in a bedroom with carpet and furniture. Gandy was on his porch, Andrew was in his living room that hasn't been furnished yet and I was at the office. Everybody but Gandy has a blue yeti mic. Gandy's mic was the majority of the problem, but he just started with us and is still waiting on his mic to come in.
swimmerbabe11
Ooh that is one thing I will say, this is my first time listening to your podcast, I don't know who any of those people are and I couldn't tell you which was which.

To help new listeners out, when y'all are talking to each other, try to say each others names when you address each other. People will learn y'alls voices over time, but that really helps. I skipped to the Haylen green part, so I'm sure y'all each introduced yourselves.
Jorf
AG
Good point. Need to consistently introduce everybody throughout the show like Gabe did on TA.
swimmerbabe11
I remember when I used to like Kstate
Jorf
AG
We just put this one out with Daniel Mengden the other day. Was the audio better or worse? We are still working on getting better at announcing ourselves since it is all audio for the audience.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/6kRqgICQZDlgNtSukP3kcy?si=c416cc71dd624790

Captain Pablo
AG
Great interview

Go to 28:00

Great insight into what Schloss'' players think of him

Very candid

Spoiler you're gonna like it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.