The beginning of the end..

4,457 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggies2009
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginlakeway said:

ironmanag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

It's not fair to bury RC after 2 games. I'm confident this is his last year in maroon and white, but at least give him a chance to let the season play out and see if he can work it out. Worse case scenario we get a fresh start next year

No it's fair to bury Rob after 15 years

OK. So don't let him finish the season? That was the point of the post.

Yes, thank you.
SchizoAg
AG
moriarty90 said:

SchizoAg said:

Luke The Drifter said:

It is very telling that Childress is in the final year of his contact, but did not receive an extension in the off season. RC has lived through 4 athletic directors, which is a minor miracle.

I know today was just one day and crazy things like this happen in baseball, but there are countless signs pointing to this being a "win BIG or you're fired" season for Childress.
Countless, really? You only gave one. What are some others?

Your serious ,, your defending RC ? I thought it was only local media who thinks RC is to nice a guy to fire and even one person said he was the "smartest guy he ever met in terms of baseball knowledge" but I guess other are trying to say it was the bad weather or not enough time for bunting practice I guess.
Not at all. But you said "countless", and gave one reason. Then refused to give any other ones. I just dislike blatant exaggerations. It's just a really annoying writing style.

(Thanks Luke for giving some other reasons. But, I could do without the "to name a few" part, implying that there are other reasons, even though you couldn't think of any after racking your brain.)
William_C_G
AG
I'm sure Rob will finish the year unless he is arrested for a serious crime or unexpectedly passes away. Then we can enter the market. Heefner should probably be our first target; his accomplishments at DBU are astounding.
HoustonAg2106
AG
SchizoAg said:

moriarty90 said:

SchizoAg said:

Luke The Drifter said:

It is very telling that Childress is in the final year of his contact, but did not receive an extension in the off season. RC has lived through 4 athletic directors, which is a minor miracle.

I know today was just one day and crazy things like this happen in baseball, but there are countless signs pointing to this being a "win BIG or you're fired" season for Childress.

Your serious ,, your defending RC ? I thought it was only local media who thinks RC is to nice a guy to fire and even one person said he was the "smartest guy he ever met in terms of baseball knowledge" but I guess other are trying to say it was the bad weather or not enough time for bunting practice I guess.
Not at all. But you said "countless", and gave one reason. Then refused to give any other ones. I just dislike blatant exaggerations. It's just a really annoying writing style.

(Thanks Luke for giving some other reasons. But, I could do without the "to name a few" part, implying that there are other reasons, even though you couldn't think of any after racking your brain.)

You sound like take everything literally guy, I find that writing style annoying
SchizoAg
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

SchizoAg said:

moriarty90 said:

SchizoAg said:

Luke The Drifter said:

You sound like take everything literally guy, I find that writing style annoying
No, if I had taken "countless" literally, I would have demanded infinite reasons, not just more than 1.
HoustonAg2106
AG
SchizoAg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

SchizoAg said:

moriarty90 said:

SchizoAg said:

Luke The Drifter said:

No, if I had taken "countless" literally, I would have demanded infinite reasons, not just more than 1.

Wow

Username checks out lol
SchizoAg
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

SchizoAg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

SchizoAg said:

moriarty90 said:

SchizoAg said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Wow

Username checks out lol
Wow

LOL

herp derp
HoustonAg2106
AG
SchizoAg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

SchizoAg said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

SchizoAg said:

moriarty90 said:

SchizoAg said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Wow

Username checks out lol
Wow

LOL

herp derp

So you don't come here to actually make a point, basically just trolling to make yourself feel better. Nice.
ironmanag
AG
aginlakeway said:

ironmanag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

It's not fair to bury RC after 2 games. I'm confident this is his last year in maroon and white, but at least give him a chance to let the season play out and see if he can work it out. Worse case scenario we get a fresh start next year

Who said he won't finish. But baring a national or sec championship he is finished.
Capitol Ag
AG
aginlakeway said:

ironmanag said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

DIt's not fair to bury RC after 2 games. I'm confident this is his last year in maroon and white, but at least give him a chance to let the season play out and see if he can work it out. Worse case scenario we get a fresh start next year

Exactly. All these "fire RC" threads on opening weekend are useless. Let's see how we are doing the last 3rd of the season. We are NOT firing our baseball head coach before the season's over let alone on opening weekend. Are some of you on here actually serious with canning Rob right now? That just, well, stupid.

Also, why do I feel a lot of you guys are rooting for Rob to fail. We are Ags, the least we should do is root for this coach and team to have the best finish Aggie Baseball has ever had ad Rob gets an actual extension b/c of it. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. Do I think that is a long Shot? Sure, especially after this weekend. But it's baseball, a lot stranger things have happened. At least let a portion of the season play out before we start celebrating our next head coach.
Ag 11
AG
I say we just win the whole thing & send him off into the sunset
Goro Majima
AG
That's wishful thinking. I like it, but no chance in hell of it happening.
I already have a dog
AG
I acknowledge that at the end of the season (sooner if it becomes clear we don't have a path to regionals) I will most likely be ready to move on. I have been after both of the last two seasons. That said, I just don't see the point of these threads after opening weekend. It's not football, your season can't be ruined after 3 games. Right now is time to support the team.
greg.w.h
AG
If they were going to fire him at the beginning of the season, they would have already. Support the team as they seek to play together and represent us. And don't cause distractions for fans that want our team to do their best.

Not that I care if you personally have control issues. I just care that you make me miserable trying to flaunt your complete lack of control in public.
Aggies2009
AG
twk said:

Houstonag said:

A classic example of why I have been disappointed in TAMU management for years.
We do not act soon enough when it comes to poor coaching, administration, etc. Childress has been a below par for years and nothing happens. It starts with recruiting , coaching, assistants, facilities, etc. We are just too nice trying to deal with poor performance. If it had not been for some very local and persistent Ags we would still have Young as President. A true disaster.

If you'd told me in 2006 that Rob would be here 16 years with one Omaha trip, I wouldn't have believed it, because programs usually have ups and downs and without enough "ups" to offset the "downs," you usually find a reason to make a change. Rob's case is rather unique as we just haven't seen someone plateau at the NCAA tournament level (never missing it, but not making noise at Omaha) . Not firing the coach with that unique record doesn't say much about A&M management style.

He has had two trips to Omaha lmao
LB12Diamond
AG
Yes, but 2 and Q in both stinks. I was at the first one and we should have beat South Carolina in the first game. But shoulda coulda woulda.
Aggies2009
AG
Jebber said:

Yes, but 2 and Q in both stinks. I was at the first one and we should have beat South Carolina in the first game. But shoulda coulda woulda.
I know. Was correcting an inaccuracy, not commenting either way on Childress or his body of work. All the best.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.