Aggies vs. Texas Tech--March 14, 2008

2,273 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Lance Uppercut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're getting our baseball somehow. I'm not sure I can keep finding wins for the exact corresponding day, though it was looking pretty easy to do. Also records and boxes thin out around 2003. Not sure if I should do it by date, week of the season, or opponent (try and find a good Auburn Saturday game to remember when we're playing Auburn. SEC games will probably have threads we can bump for old game discussions, but I'm not sure we're always at our finest arguing in some of them). But this one was too good to pass up....somehow already 12 years ago the Aggies walked off Tech in 12 innings, and AggieBand2004 was nice enough to put it on Youtube for us to remember.

Aggies

1. Colligan-CF
2. Carter-3rd
3. Stouffer-2nd
4. Duran-SS
5. L. Anders-1st
6. Brown-DH
7. B. Ruggiano-LF
8. Aaron-RF
9. Gonzalez-C

P-Raley

The Aggies started their 2008 conference season against Tech at Olsen, coming in with a 14-3 record. Tech took the early lead, with 2 solo home runs off Aggie starter Brooks Raley. The Aggies came storming back with 5 runs bunched through the 3rd, 4th, and 5th innings. Three of those runs came on Colligan's 2nd home run of the season, a 3 run homer in the 4th.

Tech scored 3 in the top of the 7th to notch things at 5 before the Aggie bullpen came in to hold things down for what ended up being 5.2 more innings. After Raley gave 3 earned over 6.1 IP, Kyle Thebeau and Travis Starling went on to give up 0 earned the rest of the way. The Aggies managed 10 hits, but also struck out 20 times in the game.

All of this set up Dane Carter for his monster homer to right with 2 outs to give the Aggies a win in the bottom of the 12th innings. I remember it went a long way, but you can hear Scott say it cleared the railroad tracks.

-The Aggies started the conference slate at 1-0, with Starling picking up his first win of the season (1-0).
-Jose Duran, who only spent one season with the Aggies before going pro, went 3-5 on the night with a walk.
-Darby Brown went 2-4 in the DH spot, also earning a walk

Box

jkag89
Thanks Lance!
allenb
Great game aligned with today 3/15/2016 vs Texas.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Thanks! 2008 was a great year.
Ag 11
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

One of my favorite seasons. My freshman year & I didn't miss a home game.
Ag 11
AG
I thought we were going all the way that year. Those two games at Rice ripped my heart out
Aggie12B
AG
Lance you are my hero for doing this thread.

BTHO coronavirus!!!
W
AG
to echo others...the 2008 conference season from the opening series vs. Tech to the Friday night game at Nebraska...was probably the best or second best conference season of the Childress era. Right there with 2016.

the Ags were must-see TV must-attend for that 2-month stretch (and the 16-game conference winning streak).

every weekend had crazy stuff happening. The series vs. OSU, the Kansas schools, OU on parents weekend, the Baylor series, and then the Mizzou series.

great comebacks, bizarre comebacks, improbable comebacks, player & coach ejections, controversial calls, extra innings, and lots and lots and lots of mashing.

it was a ton of fun
twk
AG
Don't know if I should start another thread or latch on to this one, or if this is worth the effort, but I thought I might post some of my scorecards from the 1989 season.

First, an image from the program:

twk
AG
Next, one of the free scorecards given out each game showing the roster:
twk
AG
Two games for the Aggies on March 14. First game:

twk
AG
Second game:
ensign_beedrill
AG
Ag 11 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

One of my favorite seasons. My freshman year & I didn't miss a home game.
My senior year and what a ride for my last year at school.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Wow $2? Game program price has actually gone down!
twk
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Wow $2? Game program price has actually gone down!
That was actually what we'd call a media guide. It's not a roster sheet.
Aggie
AG
Still got my 1989 media guide as well
94chem
Wish that coupon for Sbisa was still good.
Mr.Ackar07
I still need a 1989 media guide along with the 1987, 1996, 2010, 2011, and 2012 guides.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.