Erstad resigns as Nebs HC

15,408 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by tjack16
AggieFrog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
t.u. is an even more attractive job - even they didn't get their first choices to replace Augie.
powerbelly
AG
AggieFrog said:

t.u. is an even more attractive job - even they didn't get their first choices to replace Augie.
I didn't say we would get our first choice, but that we would get a good coach.
EMIN was WOW!
We have gotten our first choice for football and basketball. I would not be surprised if we can do the same for baseball. I bet we could at least get choice 1b or 2.

I would like to see us go in a new direction. Hell, I think I'd prefer the DBU coach to get a shot rather than have Rob come back. Too many teams in our state and conference are excelling in baseball to just settle for what we have now.
agforlife97
AG
EMIN was WOW! said:

We have gotten our first choice for football and basketball. I would not be surprised if we can do the same for baseball. I bet we could at least get choice 1b or 2.

I would like to see us go in a new direction. Hell, I think I'd prefer the DBU coach to get a shot rather than have Rob come back. Too many teams in our state and conference are excelling in baseball to just settle for what we have now.
Exactly, the DBU coach would be a great hire. He makes regionals and is competitive in them every year there already. Plus they have some of the best hitting teams in the nation every season. Would be a great hire if we miss on Schlossnagle or someone else in the top tier.
EMIN was WOW!
Agreed. The program and Childress are in a rut. Both would benefit from a change.

Even if he is not a top guy, I could see an established and successful HC like Heefner doing well here.
agforlife97
AG
EMIN was WOW! said:

Agreed. The program and Childress are in a rut. Both would benefit from a change.

Even if he is not a top guy, I could see an established and successful HC like Heefner doing well here.

Rob has a good record, but I just don't see the point of having an SEC baseball program if we're going to accept an 0-4 CWS record over a 14 year span. TCU has 11 wins in Omaha in the same time frame, and has been 5 times. I think any coach that we replaced RC with could fall flat on his face and make regionals 75% of the time or more. That's the floor of A&M baseball in the SEC IMO. RC's tenure doesn't look as impressive in that context. Are we really going to accept being behind a Mississippi school or Arkansas? It just isn't that risky for us to make a move.
Dick Slender
Childress's tenure is real good in a vacuum and for our history but when state schools like tcu, tech, tu, and rice all have managed superior results in that time frame, as well as the same from other SEC schools, it is hard to justify not trying something different.
AggieDad74
If Rob is offered and accepts the NU job, then A&M will get their new HBC!

But until that event occurs, ain't nothing going to happen here in Aggieland, except for a lot of wishful thinking!
Skull Session
Wishful thinking is about all we got during the season, the SEC tournament and the sub regionals for pretty much the duration of Childress' career here. Then in the two years he blind pigs his way into the CWS, we Engross ourselves into wishful thinking that we could actually win a game in the CWS. Heck that's the theme of rob's career here. Wishful thinking but no cigars. It's time to smoke a few cigars!
Jacob_House 27
Quote:

"...Then in the two years he blind pigs his way into the CWS..."
AgEng06
AG
Perfect username/response matchup
technoviking
AG
la_guns
Ever since Nebraska left the BIG 12 they have not done squat in any sport. Sound familiar?
Mikeyshooter
AG
la_guns said:

Ever since Nebraska left the BIG 12 they have not done squat in any sport. Sound familiar?

Actually doesn't sound familiar at all.
Rock1982
AG
la_guns said:

LOL. Right sip.
Jock 07
AG
la_guns said:

How miserable and pathetic must you be to register on a non-rival's website to pretend to be an Ag
dermdoc
AG
la_guns said:

Lots of big talk for a TRACK championship. I believe we have won several national titles in track and never made a big deal out of it. But then we do not have little man syndrome like most tech fans do.

Strive for honor!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ShaggySLC
Mikeyshooter said:

la_guns said:

Actually doesn't sound familiar at all.
Exactly

Baseball and Basketball have won conference championships, with Baseball making a World Series trip and multiple Super Regionals. Basketball has been to the Sweet 16 twice.

Softball has been to the World Series and multiple Super Regionals

Soccer has done well.

Woman's Basketball has done well also.
Sex Panther
AG
la_guns said:

This isn't a Colorado board
tjack16
AG
la_guns said:

Didn't y'all go 5-7 with Patrick Mahomes at QB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.