Erstad resigns as Nebs HC

15,384 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by tjack16
Artimus Gordon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to sports center!

A job for Rob!
ApachePilot
AG
Please!!!
PhatMack19
AG
greg.w.h
AG
Bjork's pretty good if he got Erstad to leave Nebraska so Childress can be hired by them...and he's not even working for us yet. No fingerprints!!!!
Capt. America
AG
I'm not a fan of Rob Childress leaving. That being said, if another assistant with Nebraska tires were to take the job up there, I think that could be a beneficial situation for everyone involved.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Kendall tweeted this and several Husker fans replied with "Let's hire Bolt" comments. Fingers crossed...
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
powerbelly
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Kendall tweeted this and several Husker fans replied with "Let's hire Bolt" comments. Fingers crossed...
This seems crazy after the poor offensive showing we've had.
Luke The Drifter
AG
powerbelly said:

Luke The Drifter said:

This seems crazy after the poor offensive showing we've had.

My thoughts exactly, but they apparently love him up there.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Artimus Gordon
Well maybe just maybe it was a little more than just going to nebraska for his daughters graduation.

Maybe they got a deal worked out already.

Now don't any of you rob lovers go whining and crying to the AD about keeping him. We don't need any del contes tugging on the AD's heartstrings!
swimmerbabe11
Luke The Drifter
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Well maybe just maybe it was a little more than just going to nebraska for his daughters graduation.

Maybe they got a deal worked out already.

Now don't any of you rob lovers go whining and crying to the AD about keeping him. We don't need any del contes tugging on the AD's heartstrings!

Conspiracy theories! I love it!
Mark Fairchild
AG
Come on Nebraska ya know you want Rob!!!!!!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Luke The Drifter
AG
Remember Childress and his breakfasts with Bill Byrne during the NU-A&M series at Olsen? (MJ was still our coach and RC was a Nebraska assistant.) RC is certainly not above testing the waters even if there's no "official" position available.
hunter2012
AG
Rob & staff already recruit Nebraska like it's their own backyard. This is a way he can spend more time with family...
Lance Uppercut
AG
I don't think this is all smoke. One of the few people I got talk college baseball with in real life is a Nebraska grad.

Nebraska fans really, really like Will Bolt.

They really, REALLY like Rob Childress. He was there for 3 CWS and 4 super regional trips in 5 years under 2 different coaches and gets a lot of credit for those teams (which he should). They associate him with their heyday.
evanpd16
Baseball gods..... If you're out there.....
Bunk Moreland
This would be a win win win for all parties.
Jock 07
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Someone tell them that we'll throw in Childress for free, but they have to act now
TAMU1990
AG
One can only dream
Leander - Ag
AG
Please
waco_aggie05
AG
You guys suck at this! This is an open forum. Rob, don't leave us! Say it ain't so!
Bondag
AG
Keep rob, replace everyone else. Have great pitching, need hitting and defense. Make this an easy decision with Rob having to replace staff that moved on.
technoviking
AG
Nebraska could be a place for him to reassert himself. Sometimes it takes a change of scenery to freshen your practice up. Of course, I can totally see him going there and the baseball gods reward him with multiple CWS appearances and victories. It would be poetic.

In that were to come true, I really hope we've been working on a great replacement. It's good we aren't going through an AD change or anything....
hunter2012
AG
evanpd16 said:

Baseball gods..... If you're out there.....

This might be the most important offering yet...

CorpsAg11
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Ag for Life
AG
Very interesting...
magical snail
AG
powerbelly
AG
Muy
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Was looking up public school ranking and let's say that Nevraska's Ranking matches them wanting to hire Bolt.
PacifistAg
AG
I think it's silly to consider firing RC. I also don't think we should really do much to try to convince him not to leave if he's offered the job.
AggieDad74
If Rob leaves Aggieland, it will definitely be of his own volition!
twk
AG
Remember, Bolt played at Nebraska during their rise to prominence. It would sort of be like us hiring John Byington. Whatever shortcoming he's shown here the last two years, their fans would probably overlook it. They probably figure that Childress is beyond their reach.
PhatMack19
AG
According to a few people on Twitter, RC still owns a house in Lincoln.
Luke The Drifter
AG
PhatMack19 said:

According to a few people on Twitter, RC still owns a house in Lincoln.

FYI - No Robert or Amanda Childress listed on the Lancaster County, Nebraska tax rolls.
BoozingAg
AggieDad74 said:

If Rob leaves Aggieland, it will definitely be of his own volition!

What? If that were true, he'd already have a new contract extension.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.