2019 & Beyond Texas AGGIE Softball Discussion

27,203 Views | 189 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieDad0323
BrokenLFarms
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Just a cool side note...the Selection show tonight will be live from the Diamond Club at Davis Diamond!
Colt98
AG
Well hopefully that's a good sign. Would stink to let them use our facilities and then get snubbed..
Boozer92
AG
On the way to Austin
Hand Of God
AG
I guess you can't lose your job if your team makes the NCAA tournament.
EKUAg
AG
Interesting that we were a last 4 in. So is Houston who we play. So two of the last 4 in go to the same region?
EKUAg
AG
Also, didn't know that Okie Lite's pitcher transferred from A&M.
Goro Majima
AG
We don't deserve to be in the postseason and I don't like our chances.

But if we make it out of this regional somehow, talk of Jo getting replaced needs to quiet down for a while.
Rambotx
Thank goodness for playing in the SEC! Tournament life begins for the Aggies and we are undefeated. Now, let's show the selection committee and college softball that it was a wise choice.
mullokmotx
AG
Very happy for Riley since she stuck with the program and gets to play in another NCAA Tournament.
Rambotx
Head Coach Jo Evans after lose to tu:

Opening statement

"I'm so proud of this team and the way we played this game. When I look back at how the season started with all of this youth and inexperience, and then I look at today and how we handled ourselves and played with confidence, expecting to win, makes me really proud of our ballclub. I thought Payton {McBride} threw a gem of a game and we put ourselves in a position to win a ball game. It's a tough loss. We expected to come out and win this game and get ourselves on a bit of a roll, but I think this is a testament to our resiliency and how we've managed this season."

On the future of the program

"I said from day one that this has a chance to be a really special year. People would think that's odd because we scrambled and lost a bunch of games. The reason I said that was if we could stay in the fight, keep our wits about us and stay together and not turn on each other, this would be the foundation of something very special. It is. You see where we started, where we are right now, all that talent we have in the young class, all the talent we have in the junior class that will now be seniors, and then the talent we have coming in and all of this experience. You take those freshmen, who started almost every single game. There's no replacement for experience. You just have to have it. You have to go out there and actually do it. I feel it's been a mission accomplished in terms of, can we stay in the fight and get better, and I think we've gotten a lot better."
Serious Lee
the thing about "coachspeak" is it has to be believable
leftcoastaggie
AG
Well I guess we can't use that Rawlings bat excuse anymore....

AggieDad0323
Well I guess Snider is making an impact already. New Hitting Coach..new bats. Ironic? Glad to see it.
java94
AG
#16 Recruiting Class... (6th in the SEC)

From https://www.softballamerica.com/rankings/2019-ncaa-softball-recruiting-rankings/

Notes:
Top Recruit: Jourdyn Campbell (No. 17)
Total Freshmen: 6

The Skinny: Texas A&M struggled in 2019 and barely got into the postseason. Head coach Jo Evans brought in Craig Snider from FSU to help rebuild the offense, along with three of the top freshmen in the country. Jourdyn Campbell (No. 17), Ashley Daugherty (No. 53) and Sydney Fritsch (No. 88) should see immediate playing time in College Station. Campbell and Fritsch each bring speed and versatility to the offense, while Daugherty's pitching will add much-needed depth to the staff.
Artimus Gordon
With bama and ole miss coming in at 17 & 18 respectively. And USCG at #25. That's 9 out of the 13 teams in the league in the top 25 in recruiting. It's a dang tough league!
AggieDad0323
java94 said:

#16 Recruiting Class... (6th in the SEC)

From https://www.softballamerica.com/rankings/2019-ncaa-softball-recruiting-rankings/

Notes:
Top Recruit: Jourdyn Campbell (No. 17)
Total Freshmen: 6

The Skinny: Texas A&M struggled in 2019 and barely got into the postseason. Head coach Jo Evans brought in Craig Snider from FSU to help rebuild the offense, along with three of the top freshmen in the country. Jourdyn Campbell (No. 17), Ashley Daugherty (No. 53) and Sydney Fritsch (No. 88) should see immediate playing time in College Station. Campbell and Fritsch each bring speed and versatility to the offense, while Daugherty's pitching will add much-needed depth to the staff.
Campbell - Can't speak for the rest but this kid Campbell is the Real Deal! No Hype! Not only is she an outstanding athlete she's a GREAT KID and comes from excellent stock! A Wonderful Family.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.