+++++Aggies @ South Carolina-Friday+++++[Rained out--DH Saturday]

8,741 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sportsfreak1975
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
+++++++++++ yea baby.
txag72
AG
I went to the football game at SC last year. Do they use that elephant sounding chicken scream at baseball games? That was about the only "noise" from SC at that game, very disappointed in the "SEC atmosphere" of that game.
Chester
Great pitching, defense, hitting and coaching won this game! Congrats to Rob, staff and players.
Tadpole
West Texan
moejoejet
AG
My first angry emoji post on this thread but when in Rome......
dixichkn
AG
txag72 said:

I went to the football game at SC last year. Do they use that elephant sounding chicken scream at baseball games? That was about the only "noise" from SC at that game, very disappointed in the "SEC atmosphere" of that game.
That rooster screech every 10 seconds ensured I'll never see another football game there. One time was enough
twolff18
AG
Let's do this!!
B.O.B. Class of '07
jt2hunt
fightintxag13
spelman17
HortAg09
Beau Holder
AG
Badasa time
BenFiasco14
AG
Happy Good Friday, BB board.

Now let's BTHO of some Cocks
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Turbo
Bondag
AggieBand2004
AG
txag72 said:

I faintly heard it a couple of times in last night's broadcast.
It's worse than the same canned roar that every tiger/wildcat team uses. Pure silliness, but expected from a school whose mascot is the love child of Grimace and a Yip Yip.
44mAG
AG
Looks like rain chances really go down after 9pm eastern or so. I hope we get the game in, even if it means going late into the night. Our bullpen is our strength, and theirs is their weakness. The last thing we want with this SC team is to play a 7 inning DH tomorrow. That plays into their favor considerably.
jbr
AG
Today's game has been moved till Saturday at 11
44mAG
AG
jbr said:

Today's game has been moved till Saturday at 11
Damn, not good if true. That means we will play two 7 inning games which is exactly what we didn't need with this matchup.
merc
AG
Could work in our favor if Lacy throws a complete game 7 inning shut out right off the jump.
trouble
AG
2 7 inning games tomorrow

Beau Holder
AG
Great, sure I didn't want to watch baseball today.
trouble
AG
And just in case anyone feels like arguing with me about the length of the games

twk
AG
After looking at the radar, I'm thinking SC actually prefers the two 7 inning games. If we were looking at this situation at Olsen, I think we'd be playing tonight.
mwm
Now I'm really angry! It's not nice to take away my baseball...
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

After looking at the radar, I'm thinking SC actually prefers the two 7 inning games. If we were looking at this situation at Olsen, I think we'd be playing tonight.
Takes away our pitching depth advantage.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
greg.w.h
AG
twk said:

Lacy pitches the early game? Not sure a shorter games helps there. Probably in our favor, too, to the extent we have fewer innings in either game of pitching by committee and more rest. Though we probably will feel rushed.
Capitol Ag
AG
dermdoc
AG
South Carolina's biggest weakness is their mid relievers. Starters are okay and closer is good. And they hit a lot of hrs. Short games help them a lot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LOYAL AG
AG
This increases the chances that Lacy can go log a complete game. His occasional command issues has kept him from approaching a 9-inning appearance but a 7-inning CG isn't out of the question for him. About half of his outs have been by K and his WHIP is about .8. Not sure reducing the length of that game is a good plan for SC.
greg.w.h
AG
LOYAL AG said:

This increases the chances that Lacy can go log a complete game. His occasional command issues has kept him from approaching a 9-inning appearance but a 7-inning CG isn't out of the question for him. About half of his outs have been by K and his WHIP is about .8. Not sure reducing the length of that game is a good plan for SC.

That was kinda my take as well. I really don't care per se about CGs as much as wins, but fun to get them when you can.
W
AG
as others have said...it's all about Lacy as to whether this works to A&M's advantage of not.

need Asa to go the distance in game 1 or worst case hand the ball directly to Kalich to close

W
AG
note:...the Ags will finish the day in 1st place in the West...regardless of what happens in other games tonight.

and take a 2-game lead in the loss column on the State-Arkansas loser
greg.w.h
AG
And a mere half game back from being tied with UGa for the #1 seed in the SECT at the moment.

Very cool how competitive the SEC is this year. Plus 9 of the top 25 on USAToday.

http://www.secsports.com/standings/baseball
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.