Historical Batting Averages/ Slugging %

7,070 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
ftworthag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BA 232 (300 ranked)
Scoring 164
Runs 121
Hits 158
Doubles per game 285
Triples per game 138
Homeruns per game 176
Slugging 233
Stolen bases per game 229
Base on balls 213

Era 5
Strike outs per 9innings 4
Hits allowed per 9 inn 18
Fielding % 102
double plays per game 191
strikeout to walk ratio 3

[url]http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/ranksummary[/url]
AgEng06
AG
I asked in the Saturday game thread, but I'll ask here since it didn't get a lot of response...

How many games have we come from behind to win this season? It seems like when this team gets down, they aren't likely to win (even if they make a good comeback effort). Am I off base here or misremembering?
ftworthag02
AG
when you have this piss poor of a offense then you're more than likely not going to make a comeback.
TAMU1990
AG
Brutal
BoozingAg
If we just had an average or even below average offense, we'd probably be leading the division and have a National seed locked up. It sucks because with this pitching staff, we should be NC contenders and who knows when we will have one this good again
Wabs
AG
RIP 2016 season. I really felt that was our year. Then we got bent over by our own AD....
technoviking
AG
BoozingAg said:

If we just had an average or even below average offense, we'd probably be leading the division and have a National seed locked up. It sucks because with this pitching staff, we should be NC contenders and who knows when we will have one this good again
i mean, lacy is coming back, Roa has certainly flashed and Childress will be back. next year's staff will be no slouches. the offense though will likely make me want to vomit again.
technoviking
AG
Wabs said:

RIP 2016 season. I really felt that was our year. Then we got bent over by our own AD....
here.
BoozingAg
technoviking said:

BoozingAg said:

i mean, lacy is coming back, Roa has certainly flashed and Childress will be back. next year's staff will be no slouches. the offense though will likely make me want to vomit again.

We are losing our best pitcher and our only hitter
Aggies2009
AG
Wabs said:

Different season.

We hosted a SR in 2016 and Boomer suddenly made errors in the 7th inning of the rubber match while Vinson, who had walked only 7 batters all year, suddenly couldn't find the strike zone and walked 3 batters. Oh, and our team which averaged over 7 runs a game suddenly couldn't score. So annoying.
94chem
Quote:

Doubles per game 285
The most meaningful stat of all, imo. We hit a line drive to the outfield, and it just doesn't roll very far. It looks like a high school offense. Nobody drives the ball. #285 out of 300 teams in doubles per game? This means that the pitcher can just groove fastballs with a runner on first because there's no way we can drive him in without two base hits. Double power up and down the lineup is the most deadly thing an offense can have, and we have none of it. If you can't hit doubles, you won't get walks, you won't force the outfielders to play deeper (less singles drop in), it becomes harder to go first to third on a single, it's harder to steal bases...

_mpaul
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Wabs said:

Different season.

We hosted a SR in 2016 and Boomer suddenly made errors in the 7th inning of the rubber match while Vinson, who had walked only 7 batters all year, suddenly couldn't find the strike zone and walked 3 batters. Oh, and our team which averaged over 7 runs a game suddenly couldn't score. So annoying.
In other words, our sphincters tightened up.
technoviking
AG
BoozingAg said:

technoviking said:

BoozingAg said:

We are losing our best pitcher and our only hitter
Dox and Lacy are both great. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Lacy next year ends up better than Dox this year. But, this is splitting hairs. Point is, next year's staff should be really good.

Next year's batting lineup looks like a bottomless pit of despair.
Aggies2009
AG
_mpaul said:

Aggies2009 said:

Wabs said:

Different season.

In other words, our sphincters tightened up.

Sure, we can speculate all sorts of things and tell ourselves that that's how it is, but it could've been any number of things. It could've just been a bad day- it happens in baseball
MaroonStain
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Wabs said:

Different season.

We lost to Purple Ichabod in 2015 SR and in 2016 SR. We made a mediocre TCU pitcher look like he belonged on the 90's Braves staff.
MaroonStain
AG
On the bright side, if our offense and defense switched statistical rankings then we would have a losing record and no chance to make a Regional.
waco_aggie05
AG
AgEng06 said:

I asked in the Saturday game thread, but I'll ask here since it didn't get a lot of response...

How many games have we come from behind to win this season? It seems like when this team gets down, they aren't likely to win (even if they make a good comeback effort). Am I off base here or misremembering?

Last I remember was Vandy on Saturday. Scored 5 in the bottom of the 8th to tie and won it in the 9th
technoviking
AG
Chris Weber is looking like a weekend rotation guy for next year, tonight..
technoviking
AG
double post
Lance Uppercut
AG
Looks like the team finished at .251 in batting average, and .362 in slugging.

So that's the worst team BA in recent history (going back through the late 80s I believe) and 4 points above the worst slugging.

The team hit 6 home runs (14% of their season total) in the 2nd and 3rd game of the regional.
W
AG
some of the individual power numbers are unbelievably bad:

Condel had 1 x-base hit in 70 at-bats.

Walters had 1 x-base hit in 71 at-bats.

Wingate had 0 x-base hits in 53 at-bats.

Morris had 0 x-base hits in 45 at-bats.

Frizzell had 7 x-base hits in 130 at-bats.

DeLoach had 8 x-base hits in 160 at-bats.

Ty Coleman had 9 x-base hits in 191 at-bats.

what is going on?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.