Fall Scrimmage Notes

9,392 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by alvtimes
Cjmclean17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The first scrimmage started late since it was pouring at 3:30. I didn't realize they would still be scrimmaging so I missed the first inning. I stayed for about 4 innings until I had to leave. Here are some notes I jotted down. Also, our fall practice jerseys have very time numbers on the back so it was difficult to identify any fielders.

Pitching:
Over 4 innings I saw 2 pitchers for each squad. Doxakis and Saenz started and were replaced by Richardson and Birdsell (Fr).
Dox sat 88-90 with his fastball on the stadium gun. He looked sharp at first as he struck out 2 batters in a row before giving up 3 straight hits including a HR. Then he settled back in to retire the rest.
Saenz was 87-88 on his FB but occasionally touched 90. Had a nice slow curve around 76. Very noticeable drop in velo. In the both innings he let the inning get away from him with walks after giving up a hit. When he missed he tended to miss high and to his arm side with the fastball.
Richardson looked good in his two innings. Also sat high 80s with the fastball. Had a pitch he threw in the low 80s as well but couldn't tell what pitch. Worked quickly and the only run he gave up was unearned on an error by Walters at first trying to start a 3-6-1 DP.
Birdsell was lighting up the gun with a FB around 92-94 that touched as high as 96. He struggled with command though. During one stretch he threw probably 6 straight fastballs at eye level. He did show a really quick pickoff move to get DeLoach at 2nd with the bases loaded.

Fielding:
As I mentioned it was hard to see who was fielding in each position. Shewmake played SS for his squad while the other one had the Ole Miss transfer Blaum. Blaum brings a ton of energy to the field and is very vocal. Showed off a strong arm from short and also made a great diving play to snag a grounder up the middle and fire to first.
The two starting catchers were Coleman and Hoehner. Coleman blocked a few pitches in the dirt and had a throw behind the runner at second that looked fine. Hoehner also looked good behind the plate and nearly caught Wingate stealing second on a bang bang play that the coaches ultimately ruled safe.
We also have a LF (maybe Watson) that has an absolute cannon for an arm.

Batting:
Morris had a monster HR off the scoreboard off Saenz. Watson (Fr) also had a HR off Doxakis that he really got a hold of.
Ty Coleman (Fr) is pretty tiny but showed great plate coverage. Drove a single into left that was about shin high after fouling off a pitch well outside. Great bat to ball skills. Wingate also showed good contact although I doubt he will ever hit to the pull side or with any power. Both hits were solid singles to right and right-center but not a ton of power behind them.
Other players with hints that I saw were Waltersand Blaum with singles, and Hoehnerwith a double. DeLoach also had a 10 pitch at bat with Birdsell where he ultimately walked.
The only players who really struggled at the plate were two true freshmen. Townsend had 2Ks where he just didn't look comfortable and Dilullo has a long, lanky frame (6'2 185) and had trouble uncoiling to catch up with fastballs.

I hope to make tomorrow's game but if not I will definitely make Friday.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Good write-up. Thanks for posting
Aggieangler93
AG
Thanks for the notes! I wish I could have made it and hope to make one soon, when work calms down.

I have high hopes for Dilullo, as he is a Round Rock High kid, along with being one of my daughter's buddies. I am sure there is a learning curve there when they move to the next level. Glad he was doing well enough so far to get some ABs.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Cjmclean17
AG
Fall Scrimmage 3 Notes

I missed game two but was out here for game 3. The scrimmage started early so I missed the top of the first. There were a bunch of scouts out for the game today. Far more than there were on Wednesday. I got the sense that most of them were just there to see Shewmake.

Pitching:
Starting pitchers for each team were Roa and Weber (Fr). Roa looked good in the one inning I saw although he gave up 2 runs in the inning I missed. He was throwing 90-92 on his fastball, but the popping of the glove sounded like it might be a tick higher than that. He also has a pitch he throws in the low 80s that he used to completely freeze Chandler Morris on a 3-2 pitch. Weber is a freshman LHP who threw 3 innings and looked pretty solid. 87-89 FB with a 75-76 curve he mixed in. All 3 of his innings were scoreless and only gave up 2 hits.
Roa was relieved by Geisler, another freshman LHP. Geisler was also upper 80s on his fastball and touched as high as 91. He also threw some low 80s sliders and an even slower curve at 75-76, but the curve wasn't thrown much and pretty inconsistent. He throws from a 3/4 arm slot which gives him a slinging action that is likely difficult for lefties to pick up.
Weber was relieved by Wideman, a big freshman RHP (6'4" 210). He pitched the final 2 innings for his squad. FB was upper 80s and he has a low 80s offspeed pitch I didn't get a good look at.
The last pitcher of the game was Townsend, a freshman RHP that also plays OF. Townsend threw 88-90 on his fastball and also threw a 76 mph curve. His one inning of work was pretty quick so not much else to see from him.

Fielding:
The infield for the two teams was as follows (from 3B to 1B):
Maroon - Watson, Shewmake, Wingate, Spenrath
Gray - Morris, Blaum, Coleman, Walters
I feel pretty confident in the 6 guys playing 2B, SS, and 3B. I have no idea what will happen at first. Walters doesn't look comfortable there. Hunter Coleman has been playing behind the plate but he might be the best option at first base. in addition, Hoehner looks great behind the plate. Today he threw out a runner at second after blocking a ball in the dirt. He also threw a back pick behind the runner at first that was right on the money but called safe.

Hitting:
Of the freshman hitters, I've been most impressed with Ty Coleman and Hunter Watson. Coleman consistently makes solid contact and Watson has a nice swing from the left side and plenty of power. Speaking of power, Joseph Menefee has a ton of it. Needs to cut down on the swing and miss though. Dilullo struck out again when he was late on a fastball. He may need some time to adjust since his body is so long.
From the upperclassmen, Coleman, Blaum, and Hoehner all hit well today. Morris and Taylor also had strong at bats that ended in a walk or good contact.

These scrimmages have been a good chance to see a bunch of the freshmen play. Here is a list of the players I have yet to see:
Brandon Ashy (looks like he is our bullpen catcher)
Justin Ruble
Asa Lacy (probably the game I missed)
Ty Condel
Bryce Miller
Kasey Kalich
Mason Cole
Jonathan Childress
Chandler Jozwiak
rossteam01
Lacy and Joz started Thursday. Blaum took Joz deep in the first AB of the scrimmage, as Joz looked a bit rusty. I don't believe Lacy gave up a run, but took too many pitches to get out of the 2 innings he pitched (multiple runners LOB each inning). He obviously needs to be more efficient. Bryce Miller looked good out of the pen, as his offspeed stuff had the hitters fooled. As an aside, Shew hit an opposite field HR & it got out in a hurry! The ball was exploding off Shew's bat on Thursday looked like he was in mid season form already. On D, Hunter Coleman outplayed Walters behind the plate (as Walters appeared to make a couple of mental errors) & Ty Coleman mishandled several balls at 2B throughout the day and was easily outplayed (from what I saw) by Wingate at 2B. Could have just been a down session for Ty.
Cjmclean17
AG
Thanks for your input. Both games I've seen haven't had many errors in the field so I will take your word on the Coleman fielding
rossteam01
It was mainly during the practice session before the scrimmage, but like you noted from his ABs, he did have a hard driven ball the other way (with 2 strikes) in the scrimmage.
OKCAGS
Watson and Coleman are going to be in the everyday lineup by the time SEC play rolls around . Both are very good players and have an advanced approach at the plate .
Hop
Staff
AG
This afternoon, Cole Taylor had a solo shot over the right field wall. Shew has a two-run bomb over the right-center fence. Foster has a two-run gapper in left-center.
Cjmclean17
AG
Figures the day I can't make it the offense shows out. Hopefully I can make tomorrow's game
Cjmclean17
AG
Notes from Thursday:
I was able to get batting order and fielding positions today for both squads. Both squads used 2 pitchers and 10 batters.

Maroon:

1. Blaum - SS
2. Hoehner - C
3. DeLoach - CF
4. Foster - RF
5. Walters - 1B
6. Morris - 3B
7. Menefee - DH
8. Ty Coleman - 2B
9. Rodriguez - LF
10. Corbett - DH

RHP Roa
LHP Geisler

Gray:

1. Blake - CF
2. Wingate - 3B
3. Shewmake - SS
4. Hunter Coleman - C
5. Ducoff - 2B
6. Watson - 1B
7. Brown - LF
8. Taylor - RF
9. Townsend - DH
10. Spenrath - DH

LHP Childress
RHP Townsend

Comments:
Roa pitched 3 innings. FB 91-93, 82-83 CH, 77-78 CB. His changeup looked very good. He was able to throw it for a strike and bury it in the dirt.
Geisler came on in relief and had a solid first inning. 90-91 FB, 81-84 SL. Did not see his curveball at all this game. His 2nd inning of work he struggled to find the zone and had some terrible defense behind him and took the L.
Childress started for the Gray team. 90-91 FB, 82-84 CH or SL. Didn't get a good look at the offspeed pitches. Pitched 2 innings without giving up a run.
Townsend came on in relief and had a rough first inning. 90-91 FB, 83-84 SL, 77 CB. Also had some shaky defense behind him. Gave up the maximum 5 runs that inning. 2nd inning of work got 3 straight fly outs and then scored the walkoff run as a batter.

Defense was pretty shaky. Watson had an E-3 when he muffed a high chopper. Ducoff also had a high chopper go under his glove. Brown had a sliding attempt in LF that he wasn't able to catch. Coleman struggled behind the plate with multiple passed balls. He also airmailed a back pick to 3B into LF that allowed the runner to score. Hoehner also sailed a ball into CF trying to get a runner.
The final play of the game: Townsend doubles in the right center field gap. Runners from 1st and second score. The relay throw from Coleman to Hoehner gets past the plate as the 2nd runner scores and Townsend runs for third. Geisler backs up the play and throws the ball over the third basemen to allow Townsend to score the walkoff run. Very poor way to end the scimmage.
Some positive defensive notes: Blake played CF and showed good range. He changed to number 36 but that hasn't been updated online yet. Both teams turned a 4-6-3 DP. Roa and Geisler both picked off a runner at first with good pickoff moves.

Hitting was fine. Lots of loud outs to the warning track today but none cleared the fence. Very few strikeouts as well. Majority of the outs were fly balls and the OF tracked them down for the most part. Ty Coleman had a nice double into left and Rodriguez also doubled in left center. Townsend had 2 hits, an RBI single up the middle and the game winning 2 RBI double into right center. Hoehner, Taylor, and Brown all contributed singles as well.
Foxo
AG
Thanks

Is Frizell injured?
Cjmclean17
AG
Foxo said:

Thanks

Is Frizell injured?

He had an at bat yesterday and drew a walk. Was immediately pinch run for by Dilullo. So maybe? I've been to 3 scrimmages now and have yet to see him take the field
Cjmclean17
AG
Wednesday 10/10 Scrimmage Notes

Gray:
1. Wingate SS
2. Blake LF
3. Hoehner C
4. DeLoach CF
5. Frizzel 1B
6. Foster RF
7. Menefee DH
8. Coleman 2B
9. Morris 3B
10. Corbett DH
11. Townsend DH

LHP Saenz 87-89 FB, 83-84 SL, 74-76 CB
RHP Wideman 87-89 FB, 74-76 CB

Maroon:
1. Blaum 2B
2. Brown DH
3. Shewmake SS
4. Walters 3B
5. Ducoff CF
6. Coleman C
7. Taylor LF
8. Watson 1B
9. Rodriguez RF
10. Spenrath DH/1B

LHP Jozwiak 88-89 FB, 80 CH, 75-76 CB
RHP Miller 89-92 FB, 81-82 CH, 70 CB

Pitching:
Jozwiak started for the Maroon squad and threw 2 hitless innings. He added a leg pause in his delivery that he varies which seemed to throw off the hitters. His only mistake was a 3 run HR to Townsend after a couple of soft singles that barely got through the infield. He was relieved by Miller who threw the final 2 scoreless innings. He made a mistake on a changeup to Foster that he left belt high, but otherwise looked good on the mound.

Saenz started for the Gray team and also started with 2 hitless innings. He worked around a leadoff double in his 3rd inning and finished with a scoreless 3 innings. He was relieved by Wideman who really struggled in his 2 innings. In the first inning he hit 2 batters and gave up a run but was able to escape bases loaded with only the 1 run. In the final frame he gave up a walk, double, single, before a walkoff triple.

Fielding:
Shewmake had some nice plays at SS as did Wingate. Blaum misplayed a ball at 2B when he got stuck sliding in the grass. Blake had a nice diving catch in LF to save a run. Defense was otherwise unremarkable. It was interesting to see Wingate get work as SS and Walters at 3B. I had previously only seen them at 3B/2B and 1B, respectively.

Hitting:
Townsed has really impressed with the bat. His HR today was an opposite field shot to RF that landed in the bullpen. On the other hand, Menefee hasn't looked very good. Really struggles with offspeed pitches and then gets caught looking offspeed and is late on the fastball. Blaum doesn't look very fast, but had 2 SB. Brett brown had a walkoff triple to right center field to end the game.
BurnetAggie99
Why isn't Menefee not pitching. I understand he a utility type player that can play OF but he was recruited to as a pitcher and he was one of the top pitchers in Texas. He has a legit 94-95 mph fastball.
Cjmclean17
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Why isn't Menefee not pitching. I understand he a utility type player that can play OF but he was recruited to as a pitcher and he was one of the top pitchers in Texas. He has a legit 94-95 mph fastball.
No clue. I have yet to see him take the mound
BurnetAggie99
He's legit power lefty

Cjmclean17
AG
Thursday 10/11 Notes:

Spoke to a scout at the scrimmage on Thursday who was there to watch Shewmake and Mason Cole. He was also there to get eyes on Aaron Walters which was interesting.

Gray:
1. Blaum 2B
2. Brown DH/LF
3. Shewmake SS
4. Ducoff CF
5. Walters 1B
6. Coleman C
7. Taylor LF
8. Rodriguez RF
9. Watson 3B
10. Spenrath DH

LHP Weber 89-90 FB, 85-86 (maybe 2 seam), 78-79 CH, 70-72 CB
RHP Kalich 88-91 FB, 84-87 SL, 82-83 CH, 75-76 CB
LHP Richardson 89-91 FB, 77-78 CB, 80-81 CH
RHP Cole 90-93 FB, 87-88 SL, 80-82 CH

Maroon:
1. Wingate 3B
2. Blake LF
3. Hoehner C
4. DeLoach CF
5. Foster RF
6. Frizzel 1B
7. Coleman 2B
8. Townsend DH/RF
9. Morris SS
10. Menefee DH
11. Corbett DH/LF

LHP Lacy 91-93 FB, 83-84 CH (or SL), 77-78 CB
LHP Childress 89-90 FB, 85-86 SL, 77-80 CB
RHP Birdsell 91-94 FB, 75-78 CB

Pitching:
Curveball use has been really heavy this year. Might be a point of emphasis from the staff because I've seen every pitcher throw one and usually multiple per at bat. Childress had his curveball working today. In 3 innings he struck out 4 batters with his curve with most of them swinging right through it. Cole has a very good changeup. Struggled with command in this outing, but the talent was there. Birdsell has a great arm. Fastball up as high as 94 and a curve under 80 to compliment it. Just like the last time I saw him though, he struggled with fastball command to his glove side and left his curve hanging to the inside of the plate.

Fielding:
Morris at SS was the 4th different player I've seen at the position this fall. He looked fine at the position until he jammed his shoulder on a diving play toward second. Coleman had an incredible diving stop to his left to rob Brown of a base hit. Ducoff showed off a strong arm in the outfield as he almost nailed Corbett on a sac fly. Taylor doesn't have a great arm.

Hitting:
The big hit today came from Ducoff when he hit a grand slam over the LF wall off Richardson. Walters had a nice bunt for a hit down the 3rd baseline that was perfectly placed. DeLoach had a great "squeeze" bunt with a runner on 3rd with 2 outs that he was able to beat to first. Both DeLoach and Blake have lots of speed. Those 2 executed a 1st and third double steal later in the game where both ended up safe. I've also been impressed with Hoehner at the plate. Usually gives a professional at bat which is nice to see. I can't see him not starting at C this year.
lhguitardude
Menefee coming off TJ Surgery from the Spring. He is going through throwing program and should be able to contribute pitching in the Spring
Cjmclean17
AG
lhguitardude said:

Menefee coming off TJ Surgery from the Spring. He is going through throwing program and should be able to contribute pitching in the Spring
Makes sense. I think Frizzel is also coming off injury. He has been playing in the field, but gets pinch run for every time he gets on base.
Cjmclean17
AG
Friday 10/12 Notes:

Fair amount of scouts out on Friday to watch Roa and Doxakis on the mound. Most of them left after those two finished pitching.

Gray:
1. Wingate SS
2. Blake LF
3. Hoehner C
4. DeLoach CF
5. Foster RF
6. Frizzel 1B
7. Coleman 2B
8. Townsend DH
9. Ashy DH
10. Menefee DH
11. Corbett 3B

LHP Doxakis 91-92 FB, 84-87 SL, 80-82 CH
RHP Ruble 88-90 FB, 84-85 SL, 76-78 CB
RHP Townsend 90-91 FB, 81-82 CH, 77 CB

Maroon:
1. Blaum 2B
2. Brown DH
3. Shewmake SS
4. Ducoff CF
5. Walters C
6. Coleman 1B
7. Taylor LF
8. Rodriguez RF
9. Watson 3B
10. Spenrath DH

RHP Roa 90-91 FB, 82-84 CH, 76-77 CB
LHP Geisler 89-93 FB, 80-81 CH, 76-78 CB

Pitching:
Roa looked good during his 3 innings on work. He struck out 5 including striking out the side in the 3rd. He also benefited from strong defense behind him including a caught stealing, a pick off, and a diving play in the outfield. Doxakis only pitched 2 innnigs but looked good for the most part. His only mistake was an elevated slider to Shewmake that was put over the wall. When Doxakis missed, it was with his fastball which was high to the arm side.
In relief, Ruble looked fine, but not overly impressive. He threw his curveball a ton. Probably 50% of his pitches were the curveball. He has a long, lanky frame that probably needs to fill out a little bit. Geisler really struggled in his first inning. Walked 4 in the inning before the coaches called it and the teams switched sides. His 2nd inning was much better as he worked a clean inning outside of a leadoff double. The best pitcher in relief was Townsend who pitched the final half inning. He made Watson look silly with 2 fastballs at 91 before dropping in a curve at 76. Great sequence.

Fielding:
Strong day in the field for both squads. Blake made another great diving play in LF. Ducoff continues to show off a strong arm from CF. Blaum had a nice diving stop at 2B. Hoehner was excellent behind the plate. Caught Ducoff stealing and picked off Dilullo with a nice back-pick at first.

Hitting:
Shewmake crushed a hanging slider from Doxakis for a solo HR. He also ripped a single to LF for an RBI later in the game. Foster had a nice double into the right center field gap. Frizzel hit a "double" off the wall in left, but stopped at first and was immediately pinch run for at second. Coleman had a similar treatment when he was replaced by a pinch runner after walking. Blaum and Watson both contributed well hit singles as well.
TempleAg97
AG
Lots of good stuff in this thread. Major thanks to OP and all the contributors.

Sounds like Blaum is going to be a very important piece. He's not playing SS with Shew there. What position will he play?
Cjmclean17
AG
Probably 2B. Then probably Wingate at 3B. Maybe Watson or Morris at 3B as well if you want to play Wingate in the OF. I think DeLoach and Blake are locked in to LF and CF. So probably fighting Foster for that RF spot.

All that to say Blaum at 2B.
Hop
Staff
AG
Brett Brown had a couple more big hits today in the No. 2 hole. He's looking like somebody you have to make room for in the lineup.
Cjmclean17
AG
Every time I've been out there they've had Brown in a DH spot. If he can play passable outfield defense then he could also be an option in the outfield. Brown has been hitting in the 2 spot for a few weeks now so clearly they see something in him.

I think you could also see Ducoff get some playing time. He's been hitting 4th behind Shewmake and playing some good defense in CF.
BurnetAggie99
Brown is a great hitter was on our Bandito Scout teams and did a lot of great things. He can actually pitch some fastball probably 87-90.
nk1354
Anybody at the Homerun Derby of past players?
Hop
Staff
AG
Cjmclean17 said:

Every time I've been out there they've had Brown in a DH spot. If he can play passable outfield defense then he could also be an option in the outfield. Brown has been hitting in the 2 spot for a few weeks now so clearly they see something in him.

I think you could also see Ducoff get some playing time. He's been hitting 4th behind Shewmake and playing some good defense in CF.

Yeah, I didn't mention that Ducoff had a double and a single in the Thursday scrimmage. He also looks to have pretty good speed and an outfield glove.
Cjmclean17
AG
10/25 Scrimmage Notes

For some reason, the Gray team had 9 batters and the Maroon team had 11. I don't know why.

Gray:
1. Blake CF
2. Foster RF
3. Shewmake SS
4. H. Coleman C
5. Menefee 1B
6. T. Coleman 2B
7. Corbett 3B
8. Rodriguez LF
9. Spenrath DH

LHP Weber 89-91 FB, 74-76 CB, 83-84 CH
LHP Richardson 89-92 FB, 80-81 CH, 77-78 CB

Maroon:
1. Blaum SS
2. Hoehner DH
3. Walters C
4. DeLoach CF
5. Frizzel 1B
6. Brown LF
7. Wingate 2B
8. Watson 3B
9. Condel DH
10. Taylor DH
11. Townsend RF

LHP Lacy 92-95 FB, 76-78 CB
RHP Cole 91-93 FB (touched 95), 83-85 CH, 78 CB(?)

Pitching:
Lacy looked dominant in his 3 innings of work. He struck out 5 including Shewmake on a high fastball and H. Coleman looking on a curve. He was running his fastball up as high as 95 and generally looked dominant. The final batter he faced (Blake) hit a hard liner right back at him that hit him in the arm and forced him to leave the game. Something to monitor moving forward.
Weber and Richardson both looked fine during their outings. Weber had 4 K's with 2 of them looking on his curveball. Richardson gave up the only run but was victimized by poor defense more than anything he did. Mason Cole is probably the favorite to be the closer as far as I'm concerned. He was running his fastball up to 95 and has a solid changeup to back it up. He struck out 2 in his 2 innings of work.

Fielding:
Hunter Coleman caught Blaum and DeLoach stealing today. He also had a good day blocking pitches in the dirt. Good to see him have a solid day back there. Hunter Watson showed some good defense at 3B. If he can continue to hit then he might be the favorite to man the hot corner. The only negative on defense was a jam shot up the middle that Wingate didn't read well and then dove and muffed it into CF allowing Menefee to score from 2B. If Wingate doesn't play solid defense I'm not sure he has a spot in the field on this team with all of the other options we have.

Hitting:
Pretty quiet day from the bats from both teams. Each team scored 1 run in 5 innings and combined for 8 hits. Blaum, Menefee, DeLoach, and Brown all had solid hit singles. Blake reached on the liner that drilled Lacy, would've gone into CF if it hadn't hit him. Corbett hit the jam shot that ultimately got past Wingate. There were only 2 extra base hits. One was a double down the LF line by Ty Coleman. The other was the biggest hit of the day when Hunter Watson drilled a ball to right center field for a game-tying triple. On another positive note, Ty Coleman also had a nice sacrifice bunt that moved Menefee into scoring position for the tying run. Nice to see someone get a bunt down finally.

A few miscellaneous notes:
This was the first time this fall I have seen Menefee in the field. He was fine at 1B
Frizzel continues to have a pinch runner take his place any time he reaches base
Ducoff did not play today, first time this fall I haven't see him
This was the first game I saw Ty Condel play. He started as a DH before filling in at CF the final 2 innings when DeLoach moved to RF and Townsend came out. I have now seen almost every player on the roster play this fall.
Mr.Ackar07
Cjmclean17 said:

Nice to see someone get a bunt down finally..
I'm laughing and I'm crying.

How has Blake looked at the plate? In his few at bats last year, he looked vastly improved from his freshman campaign.
Cjmclean17
AG
Blake has looked good. He also brings good OF defense and speed on the bases. I think he's a lock to start in the OF this year
Mr.Ackar07
Jeff Christy is the 3rd base coach and Jason Hutchins the 1st base coach for tonight's game. Is this only for tonight, or is Will Bolt now in the dugout?
643=2
Had a baby girl!
Mr.Ackar07
It might actually be Michael Barash as the first base coach wearing Hutchins' jersey number.

Congrats to Bolt.
Cjmclean17
AG
I was not at the scrimmage, but based on what I read from Hop's thread, I have a few comments.

1. The lineup you saw today is likely very close to the starting lineup I would've projected based on what I've seen in fall ball. The only people I could see losing their spot is Wingate or Foster.

2. Didn't realize Ducoff and Kalich were transfers. Ducoff has looked very advanced and now it makes sense. I was thinking he was just a very advanced freshman. I had only seen Kalich once this fall and he didn't impress, but sounds like he looked good tonight.

3. I think Birdsell and Childress have to be near the top of the list for the Tuesday starter spot (Dox, Lacy, and Roa in the weekend slots). Both freshmen have been very impressive so far
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.