NCAA Student Athlete commercial

4,736 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sharpdressedman
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Terrible ad. Who the hell cares who you are, you angry little punks. Congrats, yoi're a Goalie, linebacker, pitcher, etc. Nobody cares you angry snowflakes.
75AG
AG
Dang, Muy. Find some turds in this morning's Frosted Flakes?
Stone44
AG
Agree...What are they so pissed about? Did they have to pay for something? Try to get one of them to rack their weights. They have ruined my LA Fitness.
mds2010
AG
I agree it's a really stupid ad. Have they been mistreated or something?
Aggie_Jeff
if the "student actors" I mean athletes didn't look as though they've escaped some sort of oppression, it wouldn't be a bad ad.
oklaunion
OP, I had the same reaction when I saw it a few months ago and change the channel now. They act like they are being judged about some unknown transgression or state in life. Heck, when they play it, I am watching an NCAA competition. What more do they want?
BenFiasco14
AG
Everyone's oppressed these days
DVC2010
AG
Isn't this literally the opposite of the ads they were running a few years back? The ones that said, "most of us are going pro in something other than sports?"
Muy
AG
My Frosted Flajes are great, but someone definitely crapped in theirs.
75AG
AG
Muy said:

My Frosted Flajes are great, but someone definitely crapped in theirs.
sellthefarm
AG
We've been trying to figure out what the heck the point of that commercial is. It doesn't make any sense at all.
dixichkn
AG
sellthefarm said:

We've been trying to figure out what the heck the point of that commercial is. It doesn't make any sense at all.
In 2018 it does.

DIVERSITY DIVERSITY DIVERSITY dammit! Look how multiethnic we are!

Again, between the lines, nobody really gives a rip what your background is. Only that you're representing the university with dignity and class. And hopefully success.
Wabs
AG
"Go ahead, judge me".

Well, if you say so.....
sellthefarm
AG
dixichkn said:

sellthefarm said:

In 2018 it does.

DIVERSITY DIVERSITY DIVERSITY dammit! Look how multiethnic we are!

Again, between the lines, nobody really gives a rip what your background is. Only that you're representing the university with dignity and class. And hopefully success.
But if the point was how multiethnic they are wouldn't they say I'm black, I'm white, I'm Chinese, I'm Mexician, I'm blah blah blah. They are identifying themselves as what the commercial is implying they wouldn't want to be identified as. It's completely backwards.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Muy said:

Terrible ad. Who the hell cares who you are, you angry little punks. Congrats, yoi're a Goalie, linebacker, pitcher, etc. Nobody cares you angry snowflakes.
I BET YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT TO THEIR FACES!!!
MEEN Ag 05
AG
Not gonna lie, it does get my attention when she says "You know you want to...."

MEEN Ag 05
AG
And don't worry, they'll all be working at Enterprise Rent-a-Car soon enough....
McInnis80
Just don't ask any questions about the coaches and administrators who are well paid but we can't give the athletes any money.

Wahoo82
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Muy said:

I BET YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT TO THEIR FACES!!!
I bet they are actors.

But if we assume they were student athletes, what I WOULD tell them to their faces is going around with a chip on your shoulder and no ability to appreciate the many blessings you have received is a pathway to a miserable life.
Ag 11
AG
Is everyone assuming they're just "dumb jocks"? Is that what they're so pissed about?
MROD92
I never could figure out the point of the ad. I just assumed they were speaking about gay rights or something and people were saying things behind their backs.
Sandman98
AG
Either they are actors or they found the 10 wokest athletes in the country for that spot. It's a bit tone deaf since college sports fans aren't really moved by the oppression racket.

Speaking of tone deaf, during the CWS they showed an NCAA commercial appealing to low income viewers saying something like "your opportunity awaits". Meanwhile, low income families are watching a partial scholarship sport that they can't afford for their children to pursue because the NCAA and member schools are too stupid to change the rule.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Muy, TOTALLY agree. WTF is that supposed to be?
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Sean98
AG
Sandman98 said:

Either they are actors or they found the 10 wokest athletes in the country for that spot. It's a bit tone deaf since college sports fans aren't really moved by the oppression racket.

Speaking of tone deaf, during the CWS they showed an NCAA commercial appealing to low income viewers saying something like "your opportunity awaits". Meanwhile, low income families are watching a partial scholarship sport that they can't afford for their children to pursue because the NCAA and member schools are too stupid to change the rule.
What is "wokest?"
75AG
AG
Sean98 said:

Sandman98 said:

What is "wokest?"
The most woke.
Sandman98
AG
Do you even internet, bro?
Sean98
AG
Apparently not. And try as I may, I cannot be sad that I don't know what wokest means. In fact, I retract the question for I fear that learning the answer will make me more stupiderest.
DVC2010
AG
Sean98 said:

Apparently not. And try as I may, I cannot be sad that I don't know what wokest means. In fact, I retract the question for I fear that learning the answer will make me more stupiderest.

It will.
Muy
AG
They keep playing this commercial. What is the "success" metric of this ad, how many liberals share it on Facebook to show everyone else how much they care... about what I have no idea.
sharpdressedman
"We're college athletes and we're pissed off." Okay. Don't care.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.