BBP Renovation Survey

38,409 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rocky Rider
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SEC considering lifting beer sale ban

This subject came up on another board, and after thinking about it, I think it has big implications for the planned Blue Bell renovation.

If the SEC were to eliminate its ban on alcohol sales in general seating areas, and leave it up to the schools, what do you think the effect would be on club seating? Would people still pay thousands of dollars extra for club access if everyone in the stadium could buy alcohol? I think that makes premium location a must for club seating (who would buy outfield club seats if you could buy booze and sit in the grandstand regular seating?). I don't think it would have much, if any detrimental effect on demand for the Diamond Club as these seats come with a premium location, but I think it would have to make us think twice about the proposed Blue Bell expansion

Of course, even if the SEC let's the schools set their own policy, it could be that we have so much invested in club seating at Kyle Field that we decide to continue the current policy, lest we undercut the premium seating that provides a huge chunk of the revenue needed to service the debt on the stadium rebuild.
75AG
AG
It all comes down to money. If the TMF and athletic dept believe they can offset potential club level losses with increased revenues from beer sales, they'll likely do it. That said, I really don't see any club ticket holders giving up those seats. They're the toughest-to-get ticket in Aggieland.

Will be interesting to see what potential beer sales would do to potential outfield club development and revenues, however.
nereus
AG
It might hurt the outfield club seats proposal but I think the boxes with grills would still do well.
Rocky Rider
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

We need to stop sucking the life out of Olsen... let the students have the whole upper deck of the 1st base side like it used to be... past that I don't care what they do... the renderings look nice, but if you take out the students the games will no longer be special
Quote:

AggieFrog
Yes, the BMAs fund the facilities, but it's the cheap seats and students that make the environment. It's the same factor at Olsen and Kyle.
Reread some of this thread since it popped back up.

These comments have been underscored in the past week. The students, and GA in general, brought a lot to the games against LSU, tu, and Bama. Let's build on this environment. It's what makes BBP special.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.