BBP Renovation Survey

38,456 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rocky Rider
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
time for "co-eds in the outfield"

Capt. America
AG
That's what I'm seeing.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Re-seating would be an epic mistake.
There is no need to raise $500 million.

Assign a fair donation to existing seats, if you don't pay you lose your seats if ya'll really need the money...

I think the table top deal was way too expensive.

Don't ruin Olsen with a Kyle Field like money grab,
Spyderman
AG
$2000 per seat
KT 90
AG
Quote:

I am in favor of some sort of non-premium club level, where folks could get a beer, and have slightly more comfortable seats. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I guess I don't get why beer/alcohol has to only be in a special section or level. I went to the Aggie baseball game vs. the Horns in Austin this past Spring, you can buy a beer out on the concourse and take it wherever you want.

KT 90
AG
And I'm definitely pleased to see us expanding the stadium. I would imagine we lose out on a lot of baseball ticket revenue due to the limited number of reserved seats currently in BBP. Too many people aren't willing to drive 2 to 3 hours to possibly sit in the grass berm area (or stand up). More reserved seating, and also more availability of GA seats that are actually "seats" will increase the number of folks willing to drive in for a game.

twk
AG
KT 90 said:

Quote:

I am in favor of some sort of non-premium club level, where folks could get a beer, and have slightly more comfortable seats. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I guess I don't get why beer/alcohol has to only be in a special section or level. I went to the Aggie baseball game vs. the Horns in Austin this past Spring, you can buy a beer out on the concourse and take it wherever you want.

By SEC rule, you can only serve alcohol in club seating and suites, not general seating.
KT 90
AG
twk said:

KT 90 said:

Quote:

By SEC rule, you can only serve alcohol in club seating and suites, not general seating.

Ok, did not know that. Thanks.
jt2hunt
AG
I took the survey.

It appears they are going to expand the diamond club sections and remodel the existing club under the stands.
LOYAL AG
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Re-seating would be an epic mistake.
There is no need to raise $500 million.

Assign a fair donation to existing seats, if you don't pay you lose your seats if ya'll really need the money...

I think the table top deal was way too expensive.

Don't ruin Olsen with a Kyle Field like money grab,
This and I said as much in the comments. I also asked them to be mindful of tenure during their reseating and point out that the last time they rearranged us it was handled poorly and chased off Mike who had sat in the same spot since before there were season tickets at Olsen.

Two seats in 103 with parking is north of $800. I'll pay a bit more in the form of donations or higher ticket prices to be there but I won't pay that much to be in the outfield or down the 3rd baseline. I don't care about clubs and drink very little alcohol and certainly don't need either to enjoy a baseball game. But I've been where I am for over 20 years. Just give me the ability to stay where I am. That's all I really care about.
Aggieangler93
AG
You deserve to be able to stay there also, IMHO. Long time supporters of the program should not get the shaft!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
12th Man Ag
AG
If they reseat based on PP, they will have a riot. Now, they may dislodge some folks with the price points, but everyone should have right of first refusal on their existing seats.
LOYAL AG
AG
12th Man Ag said:

If they reseat based on PP, they will have a riot. Now, they may dislodge some folks with the price points, but everyone should have right of first refusal on their existing seats.
Exactly. I can live with that. If I have the ability to decide that an increase of $x is too much that's fine. In Kyle I didn't have that option I just got to move.
TXAggie2011
AG
KT 90 said:

Quote:

Classic SEC overregulation.
twk
AG
LOYAL AG said:

12th Man Ag said:

Exactly. I can live with that. If I have the ability to decide that an increase of $x is too much that's fine. In Kyle I didn't have that option I just got to move.

They probably should attach a donation to the lower reserved seats. Like I said, Byrne really screwed this up a decade ago. Baseball tickets are a hot commodity right now; lower reserved tickets are like gold and club seats are like plutonium (you can't find them for sale no matter the price). Whatever they do, current ticket holders should get first shot at keeping what they have or as close to it as possible.
OnlyForNow
AG
The entire lower section can easily be renamed "club" and allow for club access and alcohol, if ticket prices are deemed to lower when this occurs ticket prices can go up.

Reseating folks without them first not renewing their tickets = bad idea

Moving or reducing GA again = WORSE idea

Despite the "tone" of the survey all I see in this is $$$$ grab and lets move the people who pay the least to a different, non-prime location.
Hop
Staff
AG
twk said:

Bunk Moreland said:

it may be more vicious, but it'll be in much smaller numbers.

And let's be real, half those blue hairs don't even show up for the games, they just own the seats. What do they care if their empty seat is moved down a bit. (I kid I kid)
They would reseat the entire stadium. It would be a domino effect--folks would get pushed down, the pushed upstairs, then pushed out, and that's assuming that the Diamond Club seats were first offered to existing season ticket holders. Open it up to non-season ticket holders, or let folks add tickets, and you might end up with current season ticket holders with no seat at all (which is why I doubt they would do it that way).

I understood reseating at Kyle Field, as building club seats and suites on the west side was key to financing the project, and that was going to lead to a reduction in seats on the West side. If they are basing the financing of the Olsen renovations on an expanded Diamond Club, then they need to refigure. If the added seating won't pay for the project, then it probably doesn't need to be done. If it will, then there's no need to reseat everyone just so that 150 more folks can be part of the Diamond Club.

They did the same thing 6-7 years ago w the current premium area. It affected EVERY season ticket holder in the lower sections because they simply shifted everybody over to account for the displaced seats behind home plate. It was a mess then because of the way it was handled. They just moved season ticket holders without notice or consultation and it really upset a lot of season ticket holders. That's why K-Man gave up his seats and left. A lot of others left as well.

To do this a second time in 6-7 years is BS...especially if they do it without consultation or allowing people to pick their new seats. Many of these season ticket holders have been there for over 25 years like myself and I think season ticket holders should always have the right of first refusal at whatever the new price will be...or at the very least give advanced notice and allow people to pick new seats.
Bird Poo
AG
The proposed "premium" seats will be staring at the setting sun. Hot as F.

No thanks.
fourth deck
AG
kayakag said:

The proposed "premium" seats will be staring at the setting sun. Hot as F.

No thanks.
Wait, what? Pretty sure the sun will be setting behind any new 3rd base or left field seating. Remember many a game sitting in GA seating along 1st base looking at the sun.
OnlyForNow
AG
The premium field club seats are going to be at field level in right field. They'd stare at the setting sun for most early to kid season afternoon games.
12th Man Ag
AG
OnlyForNow said:

The premium field club seats are going to be at field level in right field. They'd stare at the setting sun for most early to kid season afternoon games.

???
The only seats I saw in right field were the berm. The Field Club is in Left Field and the Aggie Alley seats are in Left or Right Center.
twk
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Nope. You've got it backwards. The outfield club and boxes are in left. The only thing in right, looking into the sun, is a berm. At least that's what the survey drawings indicate.
OnlyForNow
AG
Twk, you sure??? I could swear The pictures they showed in the survey had field level boxes with fencing and whatnot (like FSU's behind home plate) in right field, facing directly towards the aggie bullpen but adjacent to the visitors bullpen.

Bondag
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Twk, you sure??? I could swear The pictures they showed in the survey had field level boxes with fencing and whatnot (like FSU's behind home plate) in right field, facing directly towards the aggie bullpen but adjacent to the visitors bullpen.

Nope. That is where they proposed the berm for rowdy students to be above he bullpen.

Left Field is field level boxes

Center Field is BBQ pits in the seats.
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm backwards on my view of the seats. Y'all are def. correct, although I'm pretty sure one of ththe "loge" type boxes is flipped around in their design software and represented incorrectly.
Forrest Gump
AG
Those pictures of the 4 Seat Tabletops are not renderings within our Olsen. Those are real pictures from MLB/other ballparks. (That yes, are in right field).
TXAggie2011
AG
Their proposal is to put similarly designed tabletops along the 3rd base/left field line?

That will create awkward viewing angles for the 2 seats closest to home plate, absent a significant angling of the section. Those seating arrangements work best in the outfield where everyone has a more forward view of the infield.
twk
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Sure wish I'd done that screencap but that's not the way I recall it . I got a screencap of the club in the left field corner, and that's the only one I remember.
BQ_90
AG
Well this might finally push my group outta Olsen, my guess is all third base upper deck guys will get priced out
twk
AG
BQ_90 said:

Well this might finally push my group outta Olsen, my guess is all third base upper deck guys will get priced out
Perhaps it will, but it really shouldn't. If the new seating won't pay for itself, they shouldn't do it.
Tex100
AG
More premium club seats will mean that many more paid for but often unoccupied seats. Look at club level now.

They will ruin Olsen field.

Maybe take out one berm and do something in left field.
MMantle
AG
Would like to see horizontal nets over first deck seats in and around home plate.

Too many foul balls / 'bullets' come into those seats, after ricocheting off concrete in 2nd deck, can't see them coming, they come from behind you, someone's going to get hurt.

RR
Tex100
AG
Hop said:

twk said:

Bunk Moreland said:

And let's be real, half those blue hairs don't even show up for the games, they just own the seats. What do they care if their empty seat is moved down a bit. (I kid I kid)
They would reseat the entire stadium. It would be a domino effect--folks would get pushed down, the pushed upstairs, then pushed out, and that's assuming that the Diamond Club seats were first offered to existing season ticket holders. Open it up to non-season ticket holders, or let folks add tickets, and you might end up with current season ticket holders with no seat at all (which is why I doubt they would do it that way).

I understood reseating at Kyle Field, as building club seats and suites on the west side was key to financing the project, and that was going to lead to a reduction in seats on the West side. If they are basing the financing of the Olsen renovations on an expanded Diamond Club, then they need to refigure. If the added seating won't pay for the project, then it probably doesn't need to be done. If it will, then there's no need to reseat everyone just so that 150 more folks can be part of the Diamond Club.

They did the same thing 6-7 years ago w the current premium area. It affected EVERY season ticket holder in the lower sections because they simply shifted everybody over to account for the displaced seats behind home plate. It was a mess then because of the way it was handled. They just moved season ticket holders without notice or consultation and it really upset a lot of season ticket holders. That's why K-Man gave up his seats and left. A lot of others left as well.

To do this a second time in 6-7 years is BS...especially if they do it without consultation or allowing people to pick their new seats. Many of these season ticket holders have been there for over 25 years like myself and I think season ticket holders should always have the right of first refusal at whatever the new price will be...or at the very least give advanced notice and allow people to pick new seats.
Why do you think they are doing this? Make more money and pay RC more? Because there are a lot of high PP Ags who want club seats and can't get them?

twk
AG
Tex100 said:

Hop said:

twk said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Why do you think they are doing this? Make more money and pay RC more? Because there are a lot of high Ags who want club seats and can't get them?

The money from a few extra club seats isn't that significant.
Tex100
AG
Maybe so. When I think about all of the things they are thinking about I have to wonder if the demand is there. Maybe it is if you build it they will come. Or maybe it will sit empty.

I could see taking out a berm for seating. It has been debated many times on what is the right size for Olsen Field.

Sad for me because that may be my favorite place on Earth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.