LSU "fans" wow. never dissapoint

19,710 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by annie88
AnalogyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
travel 1,000 miles to see your team in National Championship, then decide you have better things to do when down 4 in the 8th.

guess they ran out of trash and beer to throw, so no point sticking around to cheer their team to the end of a great season.

stay classy cajuns.
Potcake
AG
Don't call them Cajuns. Lafayette >>>>>>>Baton Rouge.
AnalogyAg
apologies to the UL Cajuns.
LSU Baseball Fan
I understand their frustration. I turned off the game in the bottom of the 8th myself. It's not fun watching your team lose another national championship. 1/9/12 was miserable, I can tell you that.

These people paid a lot of money to be there, and the team gave them little to get excited about in either game. I love my Tigers, but I'd be pissed watching that in person, too. I'm sure some of you have left early if A&M was losing and you knew there was no comeback on the horizon.

I don't care who you are, watching your team lose is never fun. Especially in a big game.
HoustonAg2106
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

I understand their frustration. I turned off the game in the bottom of the 8th myself. It's not fun watching your team lose another national championship. 1/9/12 was miserable, I can tell you that.

These people paid a lot of money to be there, and the team gave them little to get excited about in either game. I love my Tigers, but I'd be pissed watching that in person, too. I'm sure some of you have left early if A&M was losing and you knew there was no comeback on the horizon.

I don't care who you are, watching your team lose is never fun. Especially in a big game.

That's a very spoiled attitude, I understand that y'all have had more success than us over the recent past, but no we don't give up on our team like that...you're in the championship...enjoy it!
Hop
Staff
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Yeah, because teams don't ever come back from a 4-5 run deficit in college baseball. That's why you are an LSU fan. Bunch of front-runners...
LSU Baseball Fan
Did you watch the game?

We weren't gonna come back after blowing great chances in the 7th and 8th. The momentum was gone and the players were obviously deflated. There was no prayer of a comeback.

I'm an LSU fan because I'm from Baton Rouge, graduated from LSU, and I bleed purple and gold. Even the most devoted fans don't want to stick around and watch their team lose another national title when it's obvious the game is decided. The stands at Kyle were pretty empty by the 4th quarter of the LSU-A&M last year, too, because it was obvious there wasn't going to be an Aggie comeback. Nobody enjoys watching their team lose. It's not fun.
HoustonAg2106
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Did you watch the game?

We weren't gonna come back after blowing great chances in the 7th and 8th. The momentum was gone and the players were obviously deflated. There was no prayer of a comeback.

I'm an LSU fan because I'm from Baton Rouge, graduated from LSU, and I bleed purple and gold. Even the most devoted fans don't want to stick around and watch their team lose another national title when it's obvious the game is decided. The stands at Kyle were pretty empty by the 4th quarter of the LSU-A&M last year, too, because it was obvious there wasn't going to be an Aggie comeback. Nobody enjoys watching their team lose. It's not fun.

Dude the A&M LSU game last year was not a championship game, the season had been over for a couple weeks...you're in the championship game! That's not even a comparison!
ConLaw
AG
No, that's different. Football is a different game, with a clock, and was just one regular season game.

This was the national championship game. And it was a baseball game, where there was no time limit. Aggies would not have left the game en masse like Tiger fans. Y'all are an entitled fan base without real loyalty.
CampingAg
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Did you watch the game?

Just curious why you keep referring to it like this. This is LSU baseball's first time to make it to the championship and lose right? You're making it sound as if LSU is playing for national title's every season.

Edit: grammar
Tex100
AG
I stick with the Ags but it isn't always easy when no hope is in sight.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sorry lsubaseballfan, you're looking for sympathy in the wrong place
LSU Baseball Fan
Loyal enough to lead the nation in attendance for nearly 25 years in a row now, and that stretch includes some bad teams. Something like 20K of our fans traveled to Nebraska to support our college baseball team. Do you realize how insane and special that is? No other fan base in this sport comes close to that.

We are very loyal to our team. 1/9/12 was enough sobering disappointment to last a lifetime. I rarely leave games early, even when it's clear we're gonna lose, but I don't fault these people for leaving early at all. The team should have played better and given them something to be excited about. Outside of the failures in the 7th and 8th, our fans had nothing to get even remotely excited about.

There's more to life than sports. Why would I stay up late at night to watch my team lose after another 30-45 minutes if I have important things to do the next day? 4-5 hours of my day at the ballpark is plenty enough. Same thing if watching at home on TV.

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow, and it's gonna suck like 1/9/12 did, but I'll move on with my life. It was still a great season.
LSU Baseball Fan
Referring to losing the football title to Bama on 1/9/12. Every LSU fan remembers that horrible day. I assume 99.9% of LSU baseball fans are also football fans.

Had we won, that '11 LSU would have gone down as one of the best ever. Instead, we got humiliated in New Orleans and our bitter rivals ruined our perfect season. We haven't beaten them since. Our program hasn't been the same, either.

Somehow losing to our former coach made it infinitely worse. Our offense was so, so terrible that game.
TheAngelFlight
Questioning LSU's loyalty...now I've heard it all.
HoustonAg2106
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Referring to losing the football title to Bama on 1/9/12. Every LSU fan remembers that horrible day. I assume 99.9% of LSU baseball fans are also football fans.

Had we won, that '11 LSU would have gone down as one of the best ever. Instead, we got humiliated in New Orleans and our bitter rivals ruined our perfect season. We haven't beaten them since. Our program hasn't been the same, either.

Somehow losing to our former coach made it infinitely worse. Our offense was so, so terrible that game.

I totally agree by the way, if LSU had won that game, that team would have been considered as one of the best teams of all time...undefeated in the SEC and two top 25 wins out of conference
wilhunting
AG
I have no problem with LSU and/or their fan base. I love the fact that they are extremely loyal but expect National Championships. You can see those expectations oozing from their programs and fan base.

Expecting to win is a cultural thing and there is nothing wrong with it. Time for us to do the same and get over that hump...
threeanout
AG
Last night's mass exit by the Tiger fan base was pale in comparison to the 1/9/12 game. There were at least 40-45,000 LSU fans who exited the Super Dome by the start of the 4th quarter in that collosal beat down.

Hard to even compare those two games. The game last night had two good teams who were evenly matched, however Florida simply executed and played better baseball. The LSU '11 footbal team was scared and confused the moment they stepped on the field and got their *ss absolutely kicked up and down the field for the entire game.
twk
AG
I've made the trip over to Baton Rouge for both of our SEC baseball series at the Box. The season ticket holders and regular attendees are good fans. However, there aren't 20,000 of them. Yes, there were a lot of LSU fans in Omaha for the first round, but thousands more flooded in for the championship series. Probably more than half of the LSU fans who showed up for the championship series are LSU football fans who just jump on the bandwagon whenever LSU baseball is winning. Those folks are going to hop off the bandwagon once things start looking bleak.
schmellba99
AG
I don't blame the fans for leaving early, after the 7th it was pretty clear that LSU didn't have the horses anymore to mount a comeback. Could it have happened? Sure it could have, its' been done before. But odds were low at best.

What I do blame them for is being absolutely classless and throwing trash on the field after their player pulled a bush league move on the slide 2 feet wide of 2nd base with spikes up into the Florida SS - and they got called out on it. That was a self inflicted gunshot wound to the team because it changed the entire complexion of the game. Getting mad? No problem - as an Ag, I know first hand the anger of watching your team self destruct without help from the other team. But throwing trash on the field and generally acting like a bunch of hoodrats after? Nope, not acceptable at all. Frankly, that is what was more embarrassing than the team cratering in the 8th and 9th.
src94
AG
This! Classless, self-entitled BS. I know its 12,000 fans making the other 8,000 look bad, but that's just crap and makes LSU who they are and why people hate them so much and root against them.
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

...lose another national championship.
You used this exact phrase twice, in separate posts. It doesn't play well on this forum. Save it for Tiger Droppings whydonchya?
src94
AG
Be proud of Dr. Poche and many others in your midst like him, but not the tantrum you throw like a 2 year old.
Tamu_mgm
AG
**** lsu
Belton Ag
AG
Dejected Corndog is the best subspecies of Corndog.
ensign_beedrill
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

If I pay a lot of money and travel all that distance to go to a baseball game, I'll stay the whole time, whether my team is winning or losing. When you go to a ballgame, you know (or at least should know) you have a chance of losing and if someone thinks it's a waste of money to go watch their team play in a national championship game, then maybe they should save their money and stay home.

That said, I've seen plenty of games where Aggies walk out in droves. It's not a unique thing.
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

That said, I've seen plenty of games where Aggies walk out in droves. It's not a unique thing.
As have I, but it wasn't always so. (tu east)
Hop
Staff
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Loyal enough to lead the nation in attendance for nearly 25 years in a row now, and that stretch includes some bad teams. Something like 20K of our fans traveled to Nebraska to support our college baseball team. Do you realize how insane and special that is? No other fan base in this sport comes close to that.

We are very loyal to our team. 1/9/12 was enough sobering disappointment to last a lifetime. I rarely leave games early, even when it's clear we're gonna lose, but I don't fault these people for leaving early at all. The team should have played better and given them something to be excited about. Outside of the failures in the 7th and 8th, our fans had nothing to get even remotely excited about.

There's more to life than sports. Why would I stay up late at night to watch my team lose after another 30-45 minutes if I have important things to do the next day? 4-5 hours of my day at the ballpark is plenty enough. Same thing if watching at home on TV.

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow, and it's gonna suck like 1/9/12 did, but I'll move on with my life. It was still a great season.

Bad teams? You mean the "bad" teams that don't win the national championship? And let's get one thing straight, LSU fans don't have anything important going on the next day. That's why they are in Omaha fir two weeks. And the fans leaving early didn't have anything going on. They were walking to Blatt's to get wasted again. LSU fans are nothing but front runners.
dan967p
AG
Top 5 OVERALL program in HISTORY.
LSU
18 CWS appearances
6-TIME CHAMPIONS
Out of 7 appearances in the FINALS.
1991, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2009, 2017 (the first time to make finals and not win)

LSU, be proud of your team & program. At least you are not FLORIDA STATE. They have been in the CWS 22 TIMES, without winning. Runner-up 3 times
TAQ
src94 said:

This! Classless, self-entitled BS. I know its 12,000 fans making the other 8,000 look bad, but that's just crap and makes LSU who they are and why people hate them so much and root against them.
I will second most of this. Only comments that I will make regarding this...there is absolutely no excuse for throwing trash on the field during the game...classless! Also, the the grown men, in LSU attire, sitting directly behind home plate...in Florida's pitchers line of sight with their catcher...who were screaming, making all kinds of hand gestures, movements, etc. throughout the entire game is ridiculous. I have been in sports my entire life and certainly understand that yelling for your team, making noise, doing yells, etc. is all part of it, but in my opinion that was going overboard.
Gig Em5014
AG
LSU Baseball Fan is good people. He always comes around and never stirs up trouble. He's defending his university's fan base just as so many of us would do should someone begin taking a shot at Aggies.

He wasn't there, he didn't leave early or throw trash on the field. I don't see any reason to bash him for defending his team and fans.
HoustonAg2106
AG
LSU baseball fans, more than anything, think that they are entitled to championships and act like petulant little children when they don't get what they want, they probably still want to fire their coach...
BrandoC
AG
Honestly who gives a crap. Its LSU not TEXAS A&M...........
BoerneGator
AG
Hop speaking the truth!

LSU makes itself the target of ridicule with their over-the-top fan base. They hafta take the bad with the good. Their players need not hang their head in shame. Can't say the same for their fans.
P.C. Principal
LSU Baseball Fan said:

I agree watching your team is never fun, but this comes off as so entitled.

Game 1 was a game all the way until the final out. Saying that LSU didn't give the fans anything to be excited about is just dishonest. Game 2 was a game until UF blew it open in the 8th, i.e. the majority of the game it was close, and would have been more so had Robertson not been tagged out at home.

I know losing sucks and it's not fun to watch you team lose, but I was like "seriously?" when I saw fans leaving. It's the CWS finals you're at, not some March home game against Nicholls State.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.