Season Ticket Request Question

4 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tonytx05
Landry Clarke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently do not have baseball season tickets. I am considering getting tickets but would likely only be able to go to about 10 games this year due to the fact I live in Frisco and have a kid playing select ball.

2 questions:
1. What is the likelihood that I would even get them? (I have some priority since I am a season ticket holder in football.)
2. Is there any demand/market to sell the tickets to the games I can't go to in order to recoup some of my cost?

Thanks
BWD06
AG
They were doing ticket requests last month. Not sure if you still can.

You can mostly sell SEC games and any other in demand ones (eg Texas last year) but midweek nonconference games are tough to even give away.
ensign_beedrill
AG
It's really easy to sell your tickets on Flashseats and people will usually snap up weekend games and SEC games. Season ticket holders don't have to pay seller's fees on flash. As BWD said, it's really hard to sell mid week games, but I set the price real low and someone usually buys. Set the price a bit higher on the SEC games to make up for that loss and you should be able to recoup most of your money. I went to 16 home games last year and made all of the money back for games I couldn't go to.
tonytx05
AG
I'll echo what was said above regarding selling your unused tickets. We have four but only use two of them some games, and can usually sell the other two or all four on Sundays when we've left town already.

BUT ... renewal requests were due December 21 so I'd be calling the 12th Man ASAP to see if you can even get in on this season. Or just help some of us recoup our costs on Flash Seats if you're too late .
mason12
AG
I am one of those people who normally buys midweek tickets at the last minute due to not knowing if I'm getting off work on time so please post them on Flashseats if you can.
Tex100
AG
OP,

I split my tickets with someone last year as it is not easy for me to make games with a son also playing baseball. Let me see if he wants to split them again this year.

I used to sell them on Flash Seats but too many opposing fans were buying them. Couldn't do my neighbors that way.

Aggieangler93
AG
I have a son playing Select baseball also, so I am unable to buy tickets for all season, and I would be interested in buying in on part of someone's season tickets, if they are in the same boat. It sounds like that way we could make sure Aggies sit in those seats as much as possible.

If anyone is interested, I can be reached here through PM during Aggie baseball season, or email at rangers hardball fan at geee mail.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
KT 90
AG
Tex100 said:

I used to sell them on Flash Seats but too many opposing fans were buying them. Couldn't do my neighbors that way.

Post them on here or the ticket exchange, and just sell them to posters with an Ag Tag.

I'm one of the ones with kids playing ball and out of town as well, so don't make it often but I do buy tickets from season ticket holders (if available) when we can make it. Beats sitting in the berm.

Tex100
AG
I will get it figured out in the next week or so.
twk
AG
I used Flash Seats a lot for a couple of years, but last year, I was able to sell pretty much all my extra tickets to folks directly. Probably will work out like that this year, as well.
BWD06
AG
mason12 said:

I am one of those people who normally buys midweek tickets at the last minute due to not knowing if I'm getting off work on time so please post them on Flashseats if you can.
We try to post our tickets on here (or ticket exchange) as opposed to Flashseats because we want Aggies. We have 3 tickets and it is hard to make most midweek games since we are not in BCS. You can PM if you ever need tickets.
BQ_90
AG
Don't expect to,get full price for mid week games ESP early in the year
moag94
We requested 6 new tickets this year and we're notified tonight we received 4. Have moderate amount of points. Seats in 211. Good luck to others requesting seats for first time. Wife and kids are stoked!
12th Man Ag
AG
moag94 said:

We requested 6 new tickets this year and we're notified tonight we received 4. Have moderate amount of points. Seats in 211. Good luck to others requesting seats for first time. Wife and kids are stoked!
Whoa! How were you notified? I requested to move 2 tickets from 207 down to the first deck, but haven't heard a thing.
moag94
Email. I would call them if I were you. They didn't tell us which row. Just 4 not 6 and in 211.....
TexAg91
AG
how many points do you have? I have 2,759 and requested 4 baseball tickets for first time, but have not heard anything. thanks.
DFWag84
(4) in 207
emailed yesterday
12th Man Ag
AG
DFWag84 said:

(4) in 207
emailed yesterday

Maybe you got my 2 and they are moving me to first deck!
BWD06
AG
DFWag84 said:

(4) in 207
emailed yesterday
Aggie
AG
5 in 110
12th Man Ag
AG
Aggie said:

5 in 110
Are those new or relocation?
Aggie
AG
Lol na... Neither.
We have had those same seats ( pretty much exact same location before rennovation) since 1988.
Seen a lot of great moments.
DFWag84
new
moag94
Was told by 12th man they had to turn away a few hundred requests.....
DWren
moag94 said:

And yet when the stadium was renovated , seating capacity was reduced.
Time to take out one of the berms and extend or add permanent seating.
twk
AG
DWren said:

moag94 said:

And yet when the stadium was renovated , seating capacity was reduced.
Time to take out one of the berms and extend or add permanent seating.
When they were planning the expansion project, you couldn't give away tickets for most games. I thought demand would someday pick up, which is why I added a 3rd seat, but recognized that as a gamble, and not a big money gamble for me. I'll be curious to see what the outfield project looks like. I would like for them to convert the 3rd base berm to regular seating, but we'll see.
Aggie
AG
I would hope they are considering replacing one of the berms.
I honestly don't see how anyone sits out there during games.
Even when the berms are full it doesn't give Olsen the feeling of a packed house like the old RF bleachers did.
cypress-ag
AG
moag94 said:

JWas told by 12th man they had to turn away a few hundred requests.....
My gift to myself was season tickets since I'm now an empty nester. Have a feeling it ain't happening. sucks that we decreased capacity based off attendance at the time we rebuilt the stadium. Historically we've packed the stands. Why we decreased it never made any sense.
uncover&humpit
AG
So if we haven't heard anything from 12thman foundation it means we won't be getting the tickets we requested?
12th Man Ag
AG
I called today and was told they are still working through requests. I asked to move to 1st deck, but was still in 206 as of this AM.
twk
AG
Quote:

Historically we've packed the stands.
Lot of nostalgia clouding your memory. Attendance had been gradually decreasing for years. The renovation raised season ticket sales, but without that scarcity, I'm not sure that happens.
DWren
twk said:

Quote:

Lot of nostalgia clouding your memory. Attendance had been gradually decreasing for years. The renovation raised season ticket sales, but without that scarcity, I'm not sure that happens.

Olsen was a ghost town for several several years after MJ was fired.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Same here. I haven't heard anything at all.
TexAg91
AG
Same. Fingers crossed they are not done.
jkag89
DWren said:

twk said:

Quote:

Olsen was a ghost town for several several years after MJ was fired.

I would not say it was a ghost town but it certainly was not where it was at in the late '90s/early '00s. The loss in capacity is almost entirely due to not keeping the first base line bleachers and for most games they were almost entirely unused. The bleachers were as maligned on TexAgs then as the berms are now.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.