*****Aggies vs. South Carolina-SEC Tournament Thursday*****

91,061 Views | 893 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
canaAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Birk struck out swinging, BENCH HIM!
spanky
AG
Webb is battling
CypressAg09
AG
Apparently.
aggiewilliford
It's in meltons head
histag10
AG
quote:
I'm not saying bench everyone. I'm just saying it might be worth trying something different. It's not like we haven't played around with who's in the outfield plenty of times this year.

Right, but Choruby is one of our best outfielders and has really improved at the plate quite a bit. It seems he's been hitting more consistently than Davis or Pennington
aggiewilliford
I'm with yall from yesterday, those Double doors behind home plate are kinda messing with me.
CypressAg09
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm not saying bench everyone. I'm just saying it might be worth trying something different. It's not like we haven't played around with who's in the outfield plenty of times this year.

Right, but Choruby is one of our best outfielders and has really improved at the plate quite a bit. It seems he's been hitting more consistently than Davis or Pennington
You're probably right.
two93ags
Goose06
AG
quote:
quote:
And I stand corrected, Janca likely has a higher fielding % now than Homan given the 2 errors today. Either way, both are sub .915 fielders, there isn't a huge difference. And while Homan may make errors, he actually turns the DP very well. Janca turned 5 DP's in 24 starts and Homan has turned 18 in his 31 starts.

Janca is head and shoulders a better defender than Homan. If you watched any of the first half of the season this is easy to see
Bigger arm and he looks smoother for sure, but hes not nearly as quick making the turn and he makes errors at the same clip. I'm not sure either has significantly better range than the other.
Mathguy64
AG
His last AB Melton got nothing but curves. This AB it's nothing but fastballs
fieldtrailer
AG
Oh my gosh!!!
Lance Uppercut
AG
at first: White

MELTON

0-1 Called
0-2 Swing and miss
1-2 Ball high
2-2 Ball high
3-2 Ball high
Fouled toward right, runner was going
Fouled down, runner was going

Ks Swinging, couldn't hold up

Boomer steals 2nd on the pitch

AGS 3 6 3
USC 1 2 0

Top 6th
2 out

Shooz in Katy
AG
quote:
I'm with yall from yesterday, those Double doors behind home plate are kinda messing with me.

It's the H in Hoover that keeps me thinking my TV has been paused.
Sean98
AG
I know, that's why I tried to classify not aimed just at you. I've been very busy at work the last 2 days and haven't been able to follow all that well, but everytime I've glanced at a thread it's just, "Bench Choruby/Homan/Melton!!"

People need to stop melting down about some worthless games played at 10am in front of a few dozen people.

...except maybe for Melton. We might need to melt about him a little bit.
aggiewilliford
Come on Nicky!
STX Ag
AG
That bounced 18" in FRONT of the plate
fireinthehole
Don't know why it took their pitcher so long to throw Melton a slider in the dirt.
TAZ99
AG
I hope his bat comes back sometime this season.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Boomer's jump was awesome on that steal. He looked like the old cartoon spinning feet thing.
Lance Uppercut
AG
at second: White

Banks

0-1 Called
0-2 Swing and miss
1-2 Ball low

Ks Swinging for out #3

AGS 3 6 3
USC 1 2 0

Mid 6th

aggiewilliford
Damn
Goose06
AG
Melton may just need a day off. At a minimum he needs to be in the 8 hole at this point. Put Moroney or Barash in the 5 hole between Birk and Banks
Skillet Shot
Melton has been a huge part of this year's team, but it's time to move him to the 9 hole or take him out of the lineup until he gets his swing back
Rocco S
Melton needs a red light on any pitch not a fastball. He'd be drawing a ton of walks.
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
Melton has gone mental

has to move down in order to get head on straight
aggiewilliford
Maybe if we put melton in the 8 spot
fireinthehole
Melton's avg dropping like a rock. Down to .274 in SEC games
themissinglink
AG
I think the issue with choruby is that he tends to hit a lot of balls on the ground. When you have a runner on first, he grounds into double plays on hard hit ground balls. That's why i think you see him square around in those situations.
Goose06
AG
quote:
Melton needs a red light on any pitch not a fastball. He'd be drawing a ton of walks.
He has to recognize its not a fastball to follow this rule. He's not recognizing the pitch, thats his biggest problem
aggiewilliford
You can tell by the swing and look on his face it's killing him and he's forcing it.
Sharpshooter
AG
quote:
Agree. Still need his glove in the field.
BrandoC
AG
Hell Janca has height. Put him at first and see what he can do. Yea Melton at the beginning of season had a great batting average, but he needs to sit and get his head straight.
AFDave13
AG
quote:
The 10 spot for a game.
Sean98
AG
quote:
Easier said than done. The lefty that made him look so foolish against OleMiss was throwing dirty changeups. The beauty of a change (and even a good slider), unlike a hook, is that it looks like a fastball for 55 feet.
75AG
AG
quote:
Melton may just need a day off. At a minimum he needs to be in the 8 hole at this point. Put Moroney or Barash in the 5 hole between Birk and Banks
Who are you going to put at 1st?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.