SECN+ now available for DirectTV

15,828 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by twk
txaggie_2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Expert Analysis
ftworthag02
AG
Thank God!!! The wife won't like it.
ftworthag02
AG
What channel is secn+ on direct?
dabo man
AG
It isn't a television channel on DirecTV. It's a stream on espn.com, and you have to use your directv.com user name and password to authenticate.

I was able to log in just now, so I can finally SEE this team play Penn State tomorrow!!
Agsncws
AG
Hell yeah! Life in 2015 is awesome!
ftworthag02
AG
Sorry boys but I don't know jack about watch espn. So i can only watch on the espn app on the iPad or are there other options? Thanks & Gig'em!
Frisco - Ag
txaggie_2011
AG
Correct, games on the SECN+ are only online. Either via WatchESPN.com or the mobile app (iPhone, iPad , android, etc)

Check out the "Tips for Tunning In" PDF from 12thMan.com: http://www.12thman.com/pdf9/3122109.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27300
jja79
AG
quote:
Sorry boys but I don't know jack about watch espn. So i can only watch on the espn app on the iPad or are there other options? Thanks & Gig'em!

Spend $35 on a chromecast and you can watch on your TV.
gougler08
AG
quote:
Xbox 1 and PS4 will have watch espn apps as well (if you happen to own one)
ftworthag02
AG
Thanks. Can u watch via the wii?
Bernie13
quote:
Thanks. Can u watch via the wii?

I know I'm not getting it on my Atari system.
Space invaders still works though!
ftworthag02
AG
Ha!
Captain Pablo
AG
You can get a chrome cast for about $35, but you have to watch through your device (phone or tablet)

If you want something that does not require a device (phone or tablet), get an amazon stick ($50) or apple tv ($99). These are operated with a simple remote control and do not require any additional device like a phone or tablet
FightingAggie
jja79
AG
quote:
You can get a chrome cast for about $35, but you have to watch through your device (phone or tablet)

If you want something that does not require a device (phone or tablet), get an amazon stick ($50) or apple tv ($99). These are operated with a simple remote control and do not require any additional device like a phone or tablet

In that set up the remote is the additional device isn't it? With chromecast the device is the remote and it's cheaper, if that matters.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
quote:

In that set up the remote is the additional device isn't it? With chromecast the device is the remote and it's cheaper, if that matters.

Yeah I guess it technically is A remote

Im just saying you can use the amazon stick independent if any other device, and if you do only have one device, then it isn't tied up when you are talking on the phone, or vice versa

On the other hand, with chromecast that's just one less remote laying around

But Some people may just want separate remotes and devices, ie a remote for the boob tube, and a smartphone or tablet for talking, texting, or whatever

I've actually had both. The chrome cast is cool, but IMO the amazon stick is easier to use. You use it just like a regular remote

Captain Pablo
AG
Just checked the prices and amazon stick is $39, and the chromecast is $31

IMO, they probably do roughly the same thing as far as accessing WatchESPN, Netflix, Hulu, etc

If you want to control the image on your TV with your smartphone or tablet, get the ChromeCast

If you prefer to control the image on your TV with a remote control (similar a TV remote), get the Amazon Stick

For a casual, non-techie user like me, who will basically only use it for WatchESPN, movies, and tv shows, that's the basic difference

Don't know much about Roku but it a device with a physical remote control
Captain Pablo
AG
http://www.cnet.com/news/chromecast-vs-apple-tv-vs-roku-3-which-media-streamer-should-you-buy/

Here's an article comparing the devices
Captain Pablo
AG
http://www.cnet.com/news/fire-tv-stick-vs-chromecast-vs-roku-streaming-stick-battle-of-the-sticks/

Here's another article
dabo man
AG
I just have a PC hooked up to my TV with a wireless mouse and keyboard. The only problem is that it's resolution is fixed at 1024x768 (a 4:3 ratio), which means that my PC isn't widescreen and can't use the left and right 22% of the screen (i.e. pillar boxed).

It still looks a lot better that way on a 52" screen than on my 23" computer display.
Captain Pablo
AG
Watching WBB vs UK right now

Not quite satellite cable quality but close enough

Really nice
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
Microsoft has exclusive rights to the app. PlayStation users are out of luck. Only reason I bought chromecast.
Spyderman
AG
Would you be able to watch/access SEC+ on a laptop? Friend has Dish network and is having issues getting things set-up. Is able to watch on her Iphone, but was told she couldn't watch it on her laptop?

tia
Captain Pablo
AG
Yes

You can watch on a laptop

and if said laptop has an HDMI port, you can buy an HDMI cable and connect to your TV and watch it on the big screen
Post removed:
by user
txaggie_2011
AG
quote:
I get this is SEC+ for ESPN or whatever but when in Christ's name will my DirecTV channel 612 or whatever work for SEC Alternate?
The alternate channel is not the SEC Network+. It's an overflow channel available in case a basketball game goes to double-overtime and runs over the start time for the next event (or a similar situation for another sport). There won't be any planed broadcasts on that channel. Since it's for overflow, not planned broadcasts, it should be off the air 99% of the time.
twk
AG
I am no tech geek, But, just so that others can benefit from my experience, when I plug my laptop into my TV, I initially had no sound. I had to go back and click on the sound icon on my laptop and change the settings from something, which I don't recall, to 16 bit. This was a lower setting, and I assume it's because my TV is several years old.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.