Aggie Basketball Traditions

4,234 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
GigEmAggies06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, that was a blast from the past. I remember when the students had seats on the side of the court down near where the band is now, back when it wasn't general admission. That sucked having to get all my friends' sports passes together to pull. The enthusiasm was also pretty pathetic back then. I remember being harassed by upperclassmen when I was a fish because I wanted to stand and yell during the game. That was my first lesson Aggie basketball apathy, but it makes it even more enjoyable now to see how far we have come.

I know the Rowdies are a fairly new addition, at least as an _official_ student organization; I think they started in the late 90s. The Rowdies have become so much more toned down now that they have grown so much. Now they have to be more PC. They used to have the best t-shirts. My favorite was "We scream louder than your mom." Other notables were "Our parents moved a lot when we were little...but we always found them" and "We know how to put it in the hole." The "There's no 'i' in Blly Gllspe" shirt was the first step in watering it down, though still a funny shirt, and now their shirts are reduced to billboards for Boston's pizza. Just goes to show you how quickly things have changed. I'm sure our basketball traditions will continue to evolve for at least a few more years as we become an established basketball powerhouse (hopefully).
Austin ags
I have some ideas for new yells and chants for next season and beyond.

1) Let's saw em off during free throws.

2) Doing the Poznan chant where the student section stand away from the court, linking arms, jumping up and down and singing Let's all do the Poznan in Aggieland.

3) Roller coaster cheer

4) I believe that we will win chant.

5a) Have all fans link arms and sway and chant aaaaaaaaoooooooo when the opposing team has the ball.

5b) Have all fans link arms and sway and chant Hey Yo Let's Go or Hey Yo Aggies Go when the Ags lead by at least 5 points in the final minute of the game.

6) R-E-E-D A-R-E-N-A
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
White Out Reed!

I call it the Reed yell.

7) Chant 'Bevo Sucks' and then single clap when the t-sips play at Reed.
hsvag
And for the few who have been to a women's game, standing until we make our first point is not a tradition, but something cooked up by somebody this year. I know, wrong forum.
CapCityAg89
AG
20 year bumps are awesome!!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Whatever happened to that mhayden dewsher? He was the WORST.
Proposition Joe
Hyper-critical since 2004!
greg.w.h
AG
Austin ags said:

I have some ideas for new yells and chants for next season and beyond.

1) Let's saw em off during free throws.

2) Doing the Poznan chant where the student section stand away from the court, linking arms, jumping up and down and singing Let's all do the Poznan in Aggieland.

3) Roller coaster cheer

4) I believe that we will win chant.

5a) Have all fans link arms and sway and chant aaaaaaaaoooooooo when the opposing team has the ball.

5b) Have all fans link arms and sway and chant Hey Yo Let's Go or Hey Yo Aggies Go when the Ags lead by at least 5 points in the final minute of the game.

6) R-E-E-D A-R-E-N-A
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
White Out Reed!

I call it the Reed yell.

7) Chant 'Bevo Sucks' and then single clap when the t-sips play at Reed.
13-10 means Bevo….

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.