If we are done- how do you grade the portal haul?

25,341 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by MarcAg
ChucoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nug
MarcAg
AG
I saw you say this on Twitter. Where would that scholarship come from to add one more?

With 8 scholarship guys returning, 3 portal guys, and 2 fish on scholarship in Mills and Turkson they are at the max 13 scholarships.
MarcAg
AG
Dont tease me with Arthur Kaluma.

Brandon Gardner would also be huge with having more than one year of eligibility.
skaggsjw
AG
Delicious
Liucci
Staff
AG
MarcAg said:

I saw you say this on Twitter. Where would that scholarship come from to add one more?

With 8 scholarship guys returning, 3 portal guys, and 2 fish on scholarship in Mills and Turkson they are at the max 13 scholarships.

I'm going to go with 'trust me bro' math here and let's see if they can make one more nice addition to an exciting roster. And I say that factually. They absolutely can add one more.
ChucoAg
AG
Give us a hint about the addition Looch!
SmackDaddy
AG
Liucci said:

MarcAg said:

I'm going to go with 'trust me bro' math here and let's see if they can make one more nice addition to an exciting roster. And I say that factually. They absolutely can add one more.
CactusThomas
AG
That's probably my favorite kind of math
Know Your Enemy
AG
Liucci said:

MarcAg said:

popcorn.gif
AgEfan
Liucci said:

MarcAg said:

Translation- don't ask, don't tell. We just aren't going to talk about scholarship numbers or how we are making this work.
MarcAg
AG
For Billy to be slumming it on the basketball board, he must feel we have a pretty good shot to add somebody else whether that's one specific person or just some addition.
jmcfar_98
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Liucci said:

MarcAg said:

popcorn.gif

AgEfan
I love being wrong and hope I am. I'm going to predict we don't add anyone else. And that's not a comment saying Billy is wrong about having room. Just saying we are getting our hopes up about somebody else so we are going to be let down. It's how this usually works. BAS
jmcfar_98
AG
AgEfan said:

I love being wrong and hope I am. I'm going to predict we don't add anyone else. And that's not a comment saying Billy is wrong about having room. Just saying we are getting our hopes up about somebody else so we are going to be let down. It's how this usually works. BAS

I love the reverse jinx you just did there. Good job.
pierceshipp
AG
BRANDON GARDNER!?!?
AgEfan
AgEfan said:

Liucci said:

MarcAg said:

Translation- don't ask, don't tell. We just aren't going to talk about scholarship numbers or how we are making this work.

After I posted this I remembered Buzz late in the season saying they needed to study the new rules on everything and are there even rules and then he said something like ; "If there are rules, we need to figure out is anything going to happen if you don't follow the rules"
The Marksman
AG
Looch dropping this info makes me feel really good
JJxvi
AG
Looch really needs to up his game and start a five page argument, or else why even post the green here.
MarcAg
AG
Last line of my initial post on this thread

"**I'm hoping by starting this thread we end up picking up somebody else, making this post worthless "
bobinator
AG
This thread is too official now
gstu11
The last time Billy was talking like this we ended up getting Boots.
Pumpkinhead
AG
So which thread is the one where we speculate whom Luicci is thinking of.

Looking at the best available transfers list, some top-ranked guys who have a clear connection to Texas or Buzz is:

JT Toppin (New Mexico)
Tranzarien White (UNC-Wilmington)
Arthur Kaluma (Kansas State)
Jaxson Robinson (BYU)

Anyone else that folks might think of as possible candidates with some sort of connection?

Do we think it may be someone who is testing NBA draft waters (going to draft combine) and thus if it happens might be after that plays out?
PJYoung
AG
MarcAg said:

For Billy to be slumming it on the basketball board, he must feel we have a pretty good shot to add somebody else whether that's one specific person or just some addition.
I'm gonna go one step further and say if Liucci is slumming it over here it's somebody we will all be excited about getting.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It's Bronny James.
BuzzFan24
Know Your Enemy said:

It's Bronny James.
Is Bronny James a Buzz OKG? The world may never know.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
JT Toppin is who I am hoping for!

The Dallas native who was Texas Boys HS Basketball 4A POTY in 2023 and Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year this past season, technically has 3 years of eligibility remaining - though he might be "one (more) and done" after his sophomore year (next year) as he was already invited to this year's NBA combine.

I can imagine Toppin, Payne, Solo, Garcia, and "old man Coleman" rotating through the 4 and 5 slots and a guard rotation just as deep.

We could legitimately play 10-12 regularly (much like Auburn last year).
MarcAg
AG
There is some buzz that he is leaning towards Texas. Tech thinks they might have a shot though.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Yeah. The Longhorn press is all over him as a potential for them.

Even MORE reason that I would like for the Aggies to get him (like tu did to us when they got Pope).
EastTX_Ag21
AG
I would imagine this addition happens pretty soon?
pierceshipp
AG
I hope! I can't take billy saying that and making us wait…
EastTX_Ag21
AG
pierceshipp said:

I hope! I can't take billy saying that and making us wait…
CactusThomas
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Looking at the best available transfers list, some top-ranked guys who have a clear connection to Texas or Buzz is:

JT Toppin (New Mexico)
Jaxson Robinson (BYU)

Anyone else that folks might think of as possible candidates with some sort of connection?

Do we think it may be someone who is testing NBA draft waters (going to draft combine) and thus if it happens might be after that plays out?

I read Billy's comments differently. There may or may not be someone in particular that we are close to adding. Rather there is someone who is leaving and that is where the speculation should be in my opinion.
pierceshipp
AG
The portal window already closed
MarcAg
AG
CactusThomas said:

Pumpkinhead said:

JT Toppin (New Mexico)
Jaxson Robinson (BYU)

I read Billy's comments differently. There may or may not be someone in particular that we are close to adding. Rather there is someone who is leaving and that is where the speculation should be in my opinion.

Pretty sure you read that wrong. Buzz just tweeted last night everyone that isn't in the portal is coming back. Why would he tweet that yesterday if somebody was leaving?
CactusThomas
AG
MarcAg said:

CactusThomas said:

Pumpkinhead said:

JT Toppin (New Mexico)
Jaxson Robinson (BYU)

Pretty sure you read that wrong. Buzz just tweeted last night everyone that isn't in the portal is coming back. Why would he tweet that yesterday if somebody was leaving?

"Not necessarily done. They CAN ADD ONE MORE"

Billy's words, my emphasis.

Do you even bro math, bro?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.