Dawg of the game?

2,167 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LB12Diamond
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a tough one tonight. Solo did have FOUR blocks. What say ye, TexAgs?
bobinator
AG
Damnit you barely beat me. Gotta be IV, but Manny and Solo close
BQ_90
AG
Manny ate up the corn like a combine
czar_iv
AG
The stats say Boots with his 20/10/5 which was amazing but I can't believe Obaseki's play. He has been unstoppable for the past 5-6 games so my vote goes to Manny.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Philip J Fry
AG
Jace
Inca
AG
That's tough. Manny really kept things going when Wade was on the bench in foul trouble. Can we have CO-DAWGS of the game, Wade and Manny?
LB12Diamond
AG
Manny

Extended the lead when Wade went out with foul trouble. That was the biggest key to the blowout win. Wade also missed a ton of time as well in the 2nd half.
Heineken-Ashi
Team effort. Team award tonight.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
halfastros81
AG
Why only 10 mins pt for Andy tonight? Solo & Coleman played well and we didn't end up needing him and I believe Andy had 3 fouls as well. Hoping that's all it was .

Honorable mention should be Radford and Jace. Both had good games.
bobinator
AG
I tend to give Wade the edge because he came out and set the tone early and kept us from freaking out when Nebraska started hot, would have been easy for us to think "here we go again" but we didn't, and then to Manny for keeping the ship going when he had to sit.
bobinator
AG
DAWG/ExpectedDAWG was probably Coleman or Carter. Nice for both of them to give us some good minutes.
Third Son
AG
I got Wade for MVP and Boots for Dawg
Serious Lee
Leveque set the tone when he won the tip
bobinator
AG
Third Son said:

I got Wade for MVP and Boots for Dawg

THATS NOT HOW THIS WORKS
Nino Brown
czar_iv said:

The stats say Boots with his 20/10/5 which was amazing but I can't believe Obaseki's play. He has been unstoppable for the past 5-6 games so my vote goes to Manny.

I give it to Boots with 5 offensive rebounds. We beat Houston first time around with him playing. While we need Wade and Manny playing at their current level, Boots is always are dawg that does everything he can to impact the game.
bdp514am
Loved Solo's defense. Let's face it everyone did their job. You could argue that Andy wasn't a factor but with the way shots were dropping he didn't need to be.
CapCityAg89
AG
Ojo. For being such a whiney *****.
Third Son
AG
Bro I thought the dawg is the guy that does work and gets dirty, look at Boots stats!
bobinator
AG
Nah, that's a common confusion though. DAWG is not about the similar phrase junkyard dog nor is it necessarily about stats. DAWG is about just being a dude. The guy that takes over a game or sets the physical tone or whatever.

That's kind of why I give the edge to Wade in this game, came out just like "this year is different" from the jump.
bingram1230
AG
My vote is for Manny, Solo defensively and Wade were very close
WestTexAg12
AG
Manny had all 16 of our points in the last 5 mins of the 1st half. He literally took over the game for us.
TyperWoods
Manny

He took over and got us to a good lead with IV on the bench.

minus foul issues, the entire team played great though.
TyHolden
AG
Solo is a dawg every game....that dude plays some D
Rocinante
1. Solo. Not just four blocks and awesome perimeter defense but two blocked threes.

2. Boots. Monster on the boards today.
Phone bill
Yup that guy sucks
Muy
AG
When we had Hef, Leveque and one other guy on the court (can't even remember, lol), I told my son this is our weakest 5 I've seen on the court at one time.
Frank Grimes
AG
Might have been a Four Dawg Night.
Eideaux
AG
Good to see Coleman show up too.
frenchtoast
halfastros81 said:

Why only 10 mins pt for Andy tonight? Solo & Coleman played well and we didn't end up needing him and I believe Andy had 3 fouls as well. Hoping that's all it was .

Honorable mention should be Radford and Jace. Both had good games.

Andy had an off-night. We will need typical Andy tomorrow!
bobinator
AG
I don't know how much he was off versus the game flow just wasn't his kind of game
cutter
It's got to be Wade. He was dominant in the first 12:00 minutes when it was a close game and Nebraska was off to a hot start.
linkdude
AG
When we're hitting >50% threes Andy's hustle isn't as necessary
frenchtoast
Well he didn't have much rebounding to do
bobinator
AG
Wade and Manny both had crucial stretches of this game when they were just like "whatever, I got this" so I think either one of those are a good pick. I agree I lean Wade because of the hot start but also a bit in part because of how bad he was last year.

Had a very "this ain't last year" vibe about him from the tip. He also had a little "I don't think so" stretch in the second half when it looked like Nebraska might be about to make a run.

This game also put a little bit of the "is it Manny or is it who he's playing with" stuff to bed because Manny dominated this game even when Wade went out.

That said, Nebraska was completely athletically outmatched in this game, looking forward to how Manny does tomorrow, huge money making opportunity for him against the Coogs.
LB12Diamond
AG
Solid points.

Another reason I lean towards Manny is him staying out of foul trouble and Wade getting into foul trouble. In both tournament games he has played, Wade has gotten into unnecessary foul trouble. What I mean by that, he gets fouls where there is no reason for him to be taking chances. He's needed for offense first and foremost. The other guys on the team are the ones required to be the difference on defense

Here's to Wade staying out of foul trouble tomorrow and setting some records!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.