Roll call

2,879 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ags06Win
jeremy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tickets out of Houston and Austin look to be $500 per person. I'm a road warrior and drove from middle of CO to Iowa last year. Will be driving to Memphis this year.

Let's get a roll call and cool activities list going.....
jeremy
AG
Also, season ticket holders, let's update when you hear about tickets from the 12th man.
zgolfz85
AG
Yes, interested in going as well. Not sure if should buy from 12th man or from ncaa. Are we session 1 or 2?
chick79
AG
Short drive from Dallas. Thinking about going. My wife and I love staying at The Peabody.
frenchtoast
Really considering the 14.5 hr drive.
The Collective
AG
Game times come out tonight or tomorrow?
zgolfz85
AG
Has anyone bought tix yet?
jeremy
AG
chick79 said:

Short drive from Dallas. Thinking about going. My wife and I love staying at The Peabody.

Is the Peabody in Memphis proper?
AggByMarriage
jeremy said:

chick79 said:

Is the Peabody in Memphis proper?

Downtown… ducks and all.
texas2006aggie
AG
I'll be there. Got an all-session pass in Section 118 Row FF. Staying at The Moxy Downtown.
jeremy
AG
texas2006aggie said:

I'll be there. Got an all-session pass in Section 118 Row FF. Staying at The Moxy Downtown.

Through 12th man or 3rd party?
zgolfz85
AG
jeremy said:

texas2006aggie said:

Through 12th man or 3rd party?

I went through Ticketmaster, didn't get an email from 12th man
texas2006aggie
AG
I went through Stubhub.
jeremy
AG
Ticketmaster people are proud of those tickets. Going to wait for the 12th man allocation.
zgolfz85
AG
jeremy said:

Ticketmaster people are proud of those tickets. Going to wait for the 12th man allocation.

Yeah, I'm sure I overspent a bit, but who knows. Got lowers for 120 a piece. I feel ok about it. Face uppers were 65 or so
jeremy
AG
That's better than what I saw when I went to their site. $400 for lowers.
TAMUallen
AG
Do not get caught up on any third party ticket costs if you haven't been down that road. It'll be more like 50 percent more after "fees" and taxes

Maybe an overestimate but really it is nowhere near the advertised price
zgolfz85
AG
jeremy said:

For just our session or all sessions? For all sessions yeah, didn't see anything under 350 or so
jeremy
AG
zgolfz85 said:

jeremy said:

For just our session or all sessions? For all sessions yeah, didn't see anything under 350 or so

I was looking at all sessions.
BoerneGator
AG
Check your PM.
jeremy
AG
Never heard from the 12th man foundation. They are not doing anything about providing tickets to the first round. You're on your own Ags!

I'll keep my pissy comments to myself.
spherical
AG
I'm there! Pure luck- had a trip planned for the first round since they went on sale. Chose Memphis for geographic convenience between my buddies.
zgolfz85
AG
Quick question and I'm guessing it's probably a dumb one…for those of us who bought sesssion 2 tickets only, I assume it's not possible to get into the building until session 1's last game is fully over?
mikesyracuse1
zgolfz85 said:

Quick question and I'm guessing it's probably a dumb one…for those of us who bought sesssion 2 tickets only, I assume it's not possible to get into the building until session 1's last game is fully over?

They will completely clear the arena to prepare for the night sessions after the 2nd gane of session 1.

If you want to go to session 1, those tickets are really affordable and available on the secondary market.

Mikesyracuse1
zgolfz85
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

zgolfz85 said:

They will completely clear the arena to prepare for the night sessions after the 2nd gane of session 1.

If you want to go to session 1, those tickets are really affordable and available on the secondary market.

Mikesyracuse1

Geez that's wild. You can get lowers for like $20 for session 1…wtf
jvd2002
AG
It's a long shot...but let me know if anyone needs tickets for Friday...happy to do my best to get you taken care of!
Muy
AG
Driving to Memphis tomorrow morning with the older boy.
frenchtoast
frenchtoast said:

Really considering the 14.5 hr drive.
Decided not to go. 29 hours of driving didn't sound like fun and the cheapest plane tickets were close to $800.
zgolfz85
AG
So who all is actually in for tomorrow?
Ags06Win
AG
Driving up from Dallas tonight... Attending all four games tomorrow!

Picked up morning tickets for $2 each plus fees...

If you need to get rid of A&M tickets, let me know! We are still looking for 4 for Aggies, Session #2.
jvd2002
AG
DM me….I'll get you taken care of
Muy
AG
Any nice restaurant recommendations in downtown Memphis? Gotta get the older boy out for a grownup dinner while we're there.
spherical
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

zgolfz85 said:

Mikesyracuse1

Any idea how long the break should be? I'm trying to figure out if I have time to go back to the air BnB
zgolfz85
AG
Ags06Win said:

Driving up from Dallas tonight... Attending all four games tomorrow!

Picked up morning tickets for $2 each plus fees...

If you need to get rid of A&M tickets, let me know! We are still looking for 4 for Aggies, Session #2.

I got a ticket for early session for cheap too, hoping I can sneak down to the lowers
mikesyracuse1
spherical said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

zgolfz85 said:

Mikesyracuse1

Any idea how long the break should be? I'm trying to figure out if I have time to go back to the air BnB

At best 1 1/2 hours depending on how long the first two games go. I've at times went back to my hotel if it was close , to just exiting the arena and getting back in line and back in my seat just in time for the tip of the next session.

Mikesyracuse1
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.