It's time

5,388 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Counterpoint
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some sample contracts from last year:

Grant McCasland's contract starts at $2.9M this year and slowly rises to $3.15M in year 6 (the final year). He was probably most here's #1 mid-major type guy last year.

Will Wade is making $700K per year at McNeese.

Chris Beard is making $3.25M at Ole Miss.

Todd Golden got 6 years / $18M ($3M per year) to move from San Francisco to Florida.
bobinator
AG
Holloway got like 2.4 to go to Seton Hall.

It's hard to imagine finding anyone even remotely respectable for less than 2.8 or so.
91AggieLawyer
AG
TjgtAg08 said:

Guaranteed he's here at least 1 more year, probably 2.

If I had a dollar for everyone that said that about Jimbo, I could have paid his buyout in full.

Not saying you're wrong, but the fact is, no one knows for sure. No AD worth his salt is going to want to come in and have to deal with this right off the bat, even if it is a year down the road. And EVERYONE knows what's going on here.
W
AG
that is an interesting point

a potential new A.D. may just be happy that the football coaching situation is settled

and be okay with having to make a basketball change in their first year on the job
Maroon Flash
AG
Need to send a limo to pick up Will Wade. I bet he would take $2 million for starters.
BJM1781
AG
Win or get your ass fired. It's that simple.
astrosaggie1212
AG
The right choice would be to offer Chris Beard 7/$35 tomorrow but our leadership is clueless.
greg.w.h
AG
Gap said:

bobinator said:

You still have to buy him out and pay the new guy.

Correct. But the new guy in this scenario saves you $2M per year. That salary isn't some new additional cost over the current annual salary paid to the head coach. The 2024-25 coach would be $2M cheaper than the status quo.

One other straightforward P&L impact is any NCAA tourney revenue you might get from a new coach that you aren't getting now.
No…you're bad at math. The new guy saves you money only after the buyout is complete and amortized. Which is the point Bob was making that you ignored.
OriolePete
That was 0-77ish
OriolePete
I've seen middle school basketball coaches not survive performances like this. Honest to God middle school coaches.
Opalka
AG
From the games I've watched, A&M has the shots available....they just aren't making them. Not sure that's on Buzz.
texAZtea
AG
Bump
Counterpoint
AG
texAZtea said:

Bump
texAZtea puttin' in work tonight!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.