It's time

5,387 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Counterpoint
Alex Delarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this display wasn't enough for you I don't know what is.
Leander - Ag
AG
Anyone know what buzz's book of the month is?
aa4136
Based on this performance...

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***
Maroon Flash
AG
Put a for sale sign wherever he is living. Sick of this *****
bobinator
AG
How much yall contributing to the fund? Supposedly it's gonna be like 13 mil to fire Buzz and we need at least 2-3 for a new coach so let's call it 16 mil.

For a program that some people think has so little financial support that we can't recruit.
cords12
Question is, who TF keeps handing out all these undeserved extensions?!!!
Mikeyshooter
AG
Any chance he leaves on his own?

Gap
AG
bobinator said:

How much yall contributing to the fund? Supposedly it's gonna be like 13 mil to fire Buzz and we need at least 2-3 for a new coach so let's call it 16 mil.

Paying a coach $2.3M annually vs Buzz's $4.3M is a $2M savings per year not an additional expense like you have above.
TjgtAg08
AG
Guaranteed he's here at least 1 more year, probably 2.

It would be nice if we could fire him after next year and hire Will Wade, but that makes too much sense for us to actually do it.
bobinator
AG
We need a good conspiracy theory. Bjork could see the writing on the wall and knew he was leaving and tried to **** us.
Notorious123
AG
Or fire his ass right now cause he ****ing sucks
bobinator
AG
You still have to buy him out and pay the new guy.
TAMUallen
AG
At some point, you must fire him. As to who is providing the money or where it is coming from is not a message board topic. That's for the athletic department, 12th man foundation and the University.

If they mismanage funds like this, in two of three major sports, there needs be more done so that it isn't haunting our institution.
Notorious123
AG
You're telling me we can afford to buy out 100m football coach but not this joker?
Alex Delarge
AG
I'm doing my part if that's what you're asking.
TAMUallen
AG
Notorious123 said:

You're telling me we can afford to buy out 100m football coach but not this joker?

Problems are present in contract writing, negotiation and extensions. There's issues at hand that are just as concerning as our coaches not performing at the level they've been paid.
yell_on_6th st
AG
But he cares for his players. They will make great fathers and members of their community.

Hey Buzz, your job is to win. That's what their future wives and peers want too, effing winners.
Notorious123
AG
Tired of his ass doing more book reading than free throw practice. And it shows. Sorry ass mofo needs to be gone by morning
bobinator
AG
It's less about being able to afford it and more the desire to afford it that I question
Notorious123
AG
Very true nobody gives a piss about basketball anymore. We will draw a 120 m check for football but won't get rid of this clown for 2 more years
ryange05
AG
The money is always there, just need someone to pull the trigger. We still have 4 games left that are mostly winnable but they are folding like a cheap lawn chair. I'm afraid Buzz gets another year.
Notorious123
AG
We might go 1-3 these last 4 games 2-2 if we're lucky and that's what's pathetic. Buddy doesn't deserve another game much less another year. Gonna be worse next year if he's still here
Gap
AG
bobinator said:

Correct. But the new guy in this scenario saves you $2M per year. That salary isn't some new additional cost over the current annual salary paid to the head coach. The 2024-25 coach would be $2M cheaper than the status quo.

One other straightforward P&L impact is any NCAA tourney revenue you might get from a new coach that you aren't getting now.
Notorious123
AG
Yup. Don't gotta worry about ncaa tourney with Brent Williams as head coach
bobinator
AG
But you still have to pay the up front cost. Buzz's buyout is supposed to be 13 mil and you're gonna have to pay the new coach the first year. Whatever the long term benefits, that's still a chunk of change that I'm skeptical we're gonna put up for basketball.
Notorious123
AG
Might as well spend some money. If they can throw that kind of money around for jumbo might as well fire Brent while we're at it and go ahead and get it over with now
phatty26
bobinator said:

He isn't magically going to get great shooters next year. That's not what he recruits nor play freshmen. He's stubborn and needs to go
Notorious123
AG
He doesn't do **** but play motivational speeches and give them books to read. He's the worst recruiter in the nation and it shows. Can't keep having 10 2 stars and expecting to win.
TAMUallen
AG
phatty26 said:

bobinator said:

He isn't magically going to get great shooters next year. That's not what he recruits nor play freshmen. He's stubborn and needs to go

In my opinion, we have to find an athletic director to make it happen. Nobody in the athletic department, 12th man, or university wants to have take responsibility of new basketball coach if it doesn't work out.
Gap
AG
bobinator said:

But you still have to pay the up front cost. Buzz's buyout is supposed to be 13 mil and you're gonna have to pay the new coach the first year. Whatever the long term benefits, that's still a chunk of change that I'm skeptical we're gonna put up for basketball.

Yes, you have to pay the buyout but you save $2M next year. If you were paying Buzz $4M next year and the new coach is making $2M less. That is a $2M savings for the new coach's first season in salary.

It isn't a $2M add. That is assuming we were paying $0 next year.
bobinator
AG
We can solve that, I'll do it. Just give me a budget and I'll give it a go and if it doesn't work everyone can blame me.
bobinator
AG
I get what you're saying, I guess I wasn't thinking of it that way, but still, doubt we do it
bdp514am
The Washington Generals were more competitive than this team has been the last 4 games
Mikeyshooter
AG
What is the list of solid young coaches that would come here to make $2M?

Seems like the number is incredibly small.

bobinator
AG
Yeah at 2 mil you're rolling the dice on someone absolutely unproven. McCasland got 2.9 and 6 years at Tech.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.