stop reselling your tickets

17,382 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by EXCELL
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surely this is over now?
fulshearAg96
AG
JJxvi said:

Surely this is over now?

Hope not…
BudFox7
Hop said:

The Dr. Seuss guy was fine. I've said that several times on this thread. But there's a season ticket holder that on multiple occasions over the years has sold his tickets without regard to how it affects the people he's been sitting with and socializing with for over a quarter of a century. Maybe it's something he hasn't thought about since he's not there to witness some of the behavior, or maybe he has and doesn't care…and that's fine. He has the right to do that. It's something I don't do and I'm in his exact same situation. I could sell mine to big games to make a few bucks, but I choose not to because I don't want to affect the game experience for the long-time season ticket holders around me that I've known for 25-30 years.

I only bring it up because he came on here and told people to shove it and he can do whatever the hell he wants. People can buy their own season tickets if they have a problem with it…and he's correct. That's fine. However, I can have an opinion as well and post it here. I'm not telling him what to do. I'm just providing my opinion as someone who is buying season tickets just like he is, and I choose to hold on to my tickets, and when I have an extra I find somebody I know that wants to go with me.

It's nothing personal. He's been around a long time, and we've talked occasionally through the years. But for years people who sell their tickets say "if you have a problem, then you go buy front row mid-court tickets. If not, shut up." Well, I do buy those tickets, so I expressed my opinion….nothing more, nothing less.

As to the accusations that I "outed" him. There are thousands of names on A&M campus buildings. If you think I "outed" him, then there is a 100% chance you knew who he was long before this thread. That certainly wasn't my intent.

I have no personal animus toward Excell. I simply disagree with his point of view on this one particular issue. That's all.

Wild that staff for this business come on here to talk **** to customers and partially dox them.
PJYoung
AG
BudFox7 said:

Hop said:

The Dr. Seuss guy was fine. I've said that several times on this thread. But there's a season ticket holder that on multiple occasions over the years has sold his tickets without regard to how it affects the people he's been sitting with and socializing with for over a quarter of a century. Maybe it's something he hasn't thought about since he's not there to witness some of the behavior, or maybe he has and doesn't care…and that's fine. He has the right to do that. It's something I don't do and I'm in his exact same situation. I could sell mine to big games to make a few bucks, but I choose not to because I don't want to affect the game experience for the long-time season ticket holders around me that I've known for 25-30 years.

I only bring it up because he came on here and told people to shove it and he can do whatever the hell he wants. People can buy their own season tickets if they have a problem with it…and he's correct. That's fine. However, I can have an opinion as well and post it here. I'm not telling him what to do. I'm just providing my opinion as someone who is buying season tickets just like he is, and I choose to hold on to my tickets, and when I have an extra I find somebody I know that wants to go with me.

It's nothing personal. He's been around a long time, and we've talked occasionally through the years. But for years people who sell their tickets say "if you have a problem, then you go buy front row mid-court tickets. If not, shut up." Well, I do buy those tickets, so I expressed my opinion….nothing more, nothing less.

As to the accusations that I "outed" him. There are thousands of names on A&M campus buildings. If you think I "outed" him, then there is a 100% chance you knew who he was long before this thread. That certainly wasn't my intent.

I have no personal animus toward Excell. I simply disagree with his point of view on this one particular issue. That's all.

Wild that staff for this business come on here to talk **** to customers and partially dox them.

Soft.
EXCELL
May not be a problem ... after the post UT game performances, I wouldn't be able to sell the tix and would have some difficulty in giving them away.

BudFox7
PJYoung said:

BudFox7 said:

Hop said:

Soft.

Lol judging by the amount of flair you have next to your name, you're the #1 SIMP around here.
EXCELL
Since I've renewed, I can tell you that it's likely that my friend will travel over again to watch our game with the Vols, so saddle up.

BTW, he did NOT wear his hat during play in the game. I watched the entire video of the game. I saw ONE instance out of a time out where he didn't get the hat off before the start of play. He told me that he apologized to the folks behind him for his error. in that SINGLE instance.

So, I owe no allegiance to ticket holders around me. That include Hop. The fact that Hop stated he was wearing his hat during the game is testament to his inability to truthfully relate the actual situation. He wore it during timeouts, etc. He did NOT wear it during play.

The guy is the nicest guy in the world. A lot nicer than some of the folks here who are strutting their ruffled feathers because the crowd isn't 100% Aggie. And I can assure you that he would defend you at UT if you were accosted by jackasses because you were wearing maroon in any format.
EXCELL
Oh, and as a side note ... family name is on TWO buildings.
One from my paternal grandfather's side and one from paternal grandmother's side.
Know Your Enemy
AG
DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!?!
greg.w.h
AG
We are the worst panty wad fan base in existence. I think using a red face to communicate any control issues you have means it's a you issue. I'm not here to get banned, but I think Hop should practice restraint on trying to use his co-standing as a TrxAgs contributor and rabid Aggie fan carefully.

Not saying promoting avoiding filling Reed with opposing fans is over the top, btw. But targeting specific people isn't wise.

Not that EXCEL is incapable of defending himself…
t-rex
AG
EXCELL said:

Well, those seats belong to me. I've been a season ticket holder for over 50yrs and my dad before that.
Going to Aggie basketball since Shelby Metcalf was an assistant.

The big guy in the Vol "cat in the hat" is one of my two best friends in the world and has been for decades.
He travelled from Knoxville (actually Alcoa) to come to game as I am in Belize and neither me nor my family was able to attend.

The other guy is unknown to me ... my friend's sister was going to come with him but came down sick at the last minute. He picked that guy out of the line coming in and invited him to use the other seat.

The tickets were not sold ... they were gifted. At the Kentucky game there were two guests in those seats who bid on those tickets at a charity fund raiser for animal rescue. And I'll give them to anybody I want or sell them to anybody I want. When YOU pay for them, you can pontificate about who should get to use them. Otherwise STFU

Wow that's a classy response. Thanks for supporting the other teams, you fit right in with many of them.

t-rex
AG
EXCELL said:

Oh, and as a side note ... family name is on TWO buildings.
One from my paternal grandfather's side and one from paternal grandmother's side.

No need to respond to this, but since your family name is on two campus buildings why do you give your prime location tickets to fans of the other teams? I can't wait to see some sips at mid court in January.
EXCELL
Well, I guess you are challenged with reading comprehension.

This man is my best friend. His friendship is far more valuable than your opinion which in neanderthalic.

When you buy the tix for me, I'll allow you to determine who gets the tix when I can't be there.
Proposition Joe
Haven't you been around long enough to know that Hop is a blowhard?
t-rex
AG
Obviously you can sell/give your tickets to whomever you want, that's your right to do. That said, it impacts other fans experience at games, and it's fair for them to let you know. No need to insult anyone or be rude or to explain it away because your family donated money.
EXCELL
t-rex said:

that's your right to do.
Mighty generous of you to note that.
Has NOTHING to do with money. It was Hop that made that suggestion. Just consider the source.

BTW, my UT friend is dramatically less obnoxious or annoying than the perpetual 3-second idiot two rows back.

If not having a pure, homogenous seating area is required to have a good time and enjoy the game, then it's going to be a long, long life as there is rarely such purity and that applies to all spectator sports at every school in the country, sans student section (and even then occasionally)
Know Your Enemy
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Haven't you been around long enough to know that Hop is a blowhard?

Dude, his family name is on BUILDINGS. He can realize what he wants. Stop hassling him.
SMidgett87
AG
So sorry I missed this thread until now...

EXCELL - thank you for your family's contribution to our university.
Charlie Moran
AG
Can't believe it took me so long to click on this thread.

And to answer this question…..

"How do Kansas season ticket holders handle their unused tickets? We need to know how they do it. They are clearly a superior fanbase."

I live in Kansas and have watched A&M play there. Their fan base scalps the s**t out of their tickets when they sell them and could give a rats ass who buys them. Their neighbors don't care cause they do the same thing and the refs pretty much guarantee that KU is going to win anyway.
BTW you don't own the seats just the tickets to sit in them. If you think you own them you'll get a rude awakening one day when the 12MF sells them to someone else for more money, loyalty be damned
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
EXCELL
Wrong answer ... for many here who will not be swayed by facts

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.