stop reselling your tickets

17,383 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by EXCELL
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Excell's family name is on a building. Please stop with the poor guy needs the $40 to eat at McDonald's for the next week schtick.

I work at TexAgs. I make less than any season ticket holder in the lower bowl. It's 40 bucks. Weak argument.

Whether he's rich or poor, it doesn't matter. He can do whatever he wants to do with his tickets. But I can show my displeasure with it as well without getting personal.
Oh, you sure made it personal when you outed a ticketholder's family name being on a building.

That's bad form, Staff.

And again, never addressed that that hat was not on for the majority of the game.

Long story short…you just want to live in an echo chamber.

Which is neither how sports do, or SHOULD work.

BONKERS.
JJxvi
AG
This is still going, huh?
BQ_90
AG
JJxvi said:

This is still going, huh?

Hop showed up,and started trolling
MarcAg
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I think you missed where the whole "wore the hat and obstructed people's view all game long" didn't actually happen.

I sat pretty much directly across from the guy and every time I looked over he had it on. Granted I wasn't watching him during game action. If he wasn't wearing it during game action then no harm, no foul.
frenchtoast
Oh Lordy. I had to be reminded about XL2Win's family name being on a campus building lol. This takes me back.
AgEfan
David_Puddy said:

Excel is also a military veteran I believe. When did Hop serve?

That's a really weird post. I appreciate Excel and anyone else who served our country, but not the point of bringing up Hop wasn't in the military. Weird post.
AgEfan
Proposition Joe said:

I think you missed where the whole "wore the hat and obstructed people's view all game long" didn't actually happen.

When I looked over there I noticed him wearing it. But like mentioned above it was during timeouts. After reading this posit I Just watched some highlights to see him and i saw him in one and looked like he was wearing another hat. So maybe the Cat Hat was just a dead ball hat and he was switching hats once the game started back up
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Hop said:

Proposition Joe said:

Hop said:

Proposition Joe said:

So we have some posters just looking for free seats cause that's all they can afford, and some posters saying they often just let a $250 seat (at current tmf donation prices) sit empty rather than trying to recoup their costs.

Quite the range of demographics and financial levels. Almost like people shouldn't try and tell other people their business...

Wrong again. I've explicitly said I'm not going to tell Excell or anybody what he can or can't do with his tickets. But I will let him know that selling seats on the open market to an unknown customer affects my "business" as a customer as well.

I choose to be a good neighbor, and will not put the people I know around me in a difficult situation by selling my extra seats on the marketplace to an unknown customer. I value their 30-year friendship too much to jeopardize it by recouping $40 on a ticket.

And I would hope you would understand that some people can't afford to eat a $250 ticket, even if you can. (And I'd also hope you understand the irony of you constantly beating the "our fan support sucks!" drum but then saying you'll just let your primo seat sit empty often times).

But again, if an opposing fan being near you really impacts your enjoyment of a game THAT much, IMO maybe watching on TV instead of trying to police ticket sellers is more for you.

But judging by this thread and the "OMG CAT IN THE HAT RUINED EVERYONE INCLUDING SCHLOSS' NIGHT!", it's just a lot of people complaining to complain.

Excell's family name is on a building. Please stop with the poor guy needs the $40 to eat at McDonald's for the next week schtick.

I work at TexAgs. I make less than any season ticket holder in the lower bowl. It's 40 bucks. Weak argument.

Whether he's rich or poor, it doesn't matter. He can do whatever he wants to do with his tickets. But I can show my displeasure with it as well without getting personal. I won't do it, but he does. That's fine. We'll both survive and move on.

Below is 100% spot on.

"Whether he's rich or poor, it doesn't matter. He can do whatever he wants to do with his tickets. But I can show my displeasure with it as well without getting personal."
Hop
Staff
AG
The Dr. Seuss guy was fine. I've said that several times on this thread. But there's a season ticket holder that on multiple occasions over the years has sold his tickets without regard to how it affects the people he's been sitting with and socializing with for over a quarter of a century. Maybe it's something he hasn't thought about since he's not there to witness some of the behavior, or maybe he has and doesn't care…and that's fine. He has the right to do that. It's something I don't do and I'm in his exact same situation. I could sell mine to big games to make a few bucks, but I choose not to because I don't want to affect the game experience for the long-time season ticket holders around me that I've known for 25-30 years.

I only bring it up because he came on here and told people to shove it and he can do whatever the hell he wants. People can buy their own season tickets if they have a problem with it…and he's correct. That's fine. However, I can have an opinion as well and post it here. I'm not telling him what to do. I'm just providing my opinion as someone who is buying season tickets just like he is, and I choose to hold on to my tickets, and when I have an extra I find somebody I know that wants to go with me.

It's nothing personal. He's been around a long time, and we've talked occasionally through the years. But for years people who sell their tickets say "if you have a problem, then you go buy front row mid-court tickets. If not, shut up." Well, I do buy those tickets, so I expressed my opinion….nothing more, nothing less.

As to the accusations that I "outed" him. There are thousands of names on A&M campus buildings. If you think I "outed" him, then there is a 100% chance you knew who he was long before this thread. That certainly wasn't my intent.

I have no personal animus toward Excell. I simply disagree with his point of view on this one particular issue. That's all.
20ag07
Quote:

As to the accusations that I "outed" him. There are thousands of names on A&M campus buildings.
No there aren't.

"Thousands"? This is the most ridiculous trolling I've ever seen by Staff.

And plenty of us have been banned for much less.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

As to the accusations that I "outed" him. There are thousands of names on A&M campus buildings.
No there aren't.

Quite the drama queen. There are plenty of names on buildings all over campus.

Mikeyshooter
AG
Not sure what is worse: this thread or the ones about the overrated chant.

Lance Uppercut
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

20ag07 said:

Quote:

No there aren't.

I knew it. Excell is John Academicbuilding.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

20ag07 said:

Quote:

No there aren't.

I was guessing Frank Memorialstudentcenter.
aggiez03
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Lance Uppercut said:

HowdyTexasAggies said:

20ag07 said:

Quote:

No there aren't.

I was guessing Frank Memorialstudentcenter.
I was thinking Kyle Reed Olsen...
Muy
AG
I interrupt this pissing match to once again point out that old Ags don't need to be sitting courtside, at least on the side shown on tv. We need students standing up and raising hell, not old Ags with their arms crossed who only stand up to go take a piss.
Proposition Joe
Muy said:

I interrupt this pissing match to once again point out that old Ags don't need to be sitting courtside, at least on the side shown on tv. We need students standing up and raising hell, not old Ags with their arms crossed who only stand up to go take a piss.

You run back into the fundraising aspect there and what is already a sports that doesn't generate a ton of revenue then having to lose out on the high dollar season tickets. The $$$ figure isn't as big as some may think (a lot aren't paying full posted seat+donation price), but it's still a hefty chunk of change.

I doubt we see students moved to primo seating until we build a new arena.
EXCELL
FWIW, I've sold my tickets three, maybe four, times since we moved out of G Rollie into Reed.
Any narrative that sounds like I'm a regular ticket seller is pure, unadulterated fiction.

MarcAg
AG
Hop said:

The Dr. Seuss guy was fine. I've said that several times on this thread. But there's a season ticket holder that on multiple occasions over the years has sold his tickets without regard to how it affects the people he's been sitting with and socializing with for over a quarter of a century. Maybe it's something he hasn't thought about since he's not there to witness some of the behavior, or maybe he has and doesn't care…and that's fine. He has the right to do that. It's something I don't do and I'm in his exact same situation. I could sell mine to big games to make a few bucks, but I choose not to because I don't want to affect the game experience for the long-time season ticket holders around me that I've known for 25-30 years.

Honest question- do you expect people to heavily screen who they are giving or selling tickets to? I don't really know how you make sure the right people end up in your seats. You could give them to an Aggie and that person might be more obnoxious/annoying than any visiting fan. You might give them or sell them to somebody you know, but that person brings somebody that is obnoxious. So I have a hard time putting it on the original ticket holder.
EXCELL
Just, FYI, the yo-yo that sits a few rows back and yells "Call 3 seconds, (Fill in ref name)" about 40 times a game is really annoying.

_lefraud_
AG
A simple google form would suffice:

1. Who are you rooting for?

2. Are you obnoxious?

3. Do you have a Dr Seuss hat?

4. Do you promise to act cordial to the people around you as they are my fellow season ticket holders and for some reason I care about their experience for a live sporting event?
LB12Diamond
AG
EXCELL said:

Just, FYI, the yo-yo that sits a few rows back and yells "Call 3 seconds, (Fill in ref name)" about 40 times a game is really annoying.

Back in the day when RC was coaching. There was always that guy that totally lost his sh#% when they ever handed the ball off to the full back. Everyone in our section always had him out of the corner of their eye to see the theatrics. Too bad there were not cell phone cameras back then.
David_Puddy
AG
Hop said:

I only bring it up because he came on here and told people to shove it and he can do whatever the hell he wants. People can buy their own season tickets if they have a problem with it…and he's correct. That's fine. However, I can have an opinion as well and post it here. I'm not telling him what to do. I'm just providing my opinion as someone who is buying season tickets just like he is, and I choose to hold on to my tickets, and when I have an extra I find somebody I know that wants to go with me.

It's nothing personal. He's been around a long time, and we've talked occasionally through the years. But for years people who sell their tickets say "if you have a problem, then you go buy front row mid-court tickets. If not, shut up." Well, I do buy those tickets, so I expressed my opinion….nothing more, nothing less.

As to the accusations that I "outed" him. There are thousands of names on A&M campus buildings. If you think I "outed" him, then there is a 100% chance you knew who he was long before this thread. That certainly wasn't my intent.

I have no personal animus toward Excell. I simply disagree with his point of view on this one particular issue. That's all.

You've still not addressed the fact that after he came on and said that he was out of country and gave those tickets to his best friend who flew in, yet you still felt the need to make that stupid and utterly ridiculous "name on a building" comment. Even more ridiculous when you just admitted that you've "talked occasionally" over the years, meaning that you really don't know much about him nor his family. Keep digging though.
bobinator
AG
Is this the kind of thrilling discussion I'm missing on premium?
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

Is this the kind of thrilling discussion I'm missing on premium?
No this would have been locked long ago if it was on another board instead of just on the basketball board for 13 of us on to read
Ag13
AG
Should Aggies buy tickets to road games from the home team's season ticket holders? Really makes you think
nosoupforyou
AG
Ag13 said:

Should Aggies buy tickets to road games from the home team's season ticket holders? Really makes you think

You guys keep bringing up things that Hop is not referring to

Of course you can buy those tickets to a road game

But it would be polite for you not to be a jackass the whole time in those seats

I don't understand why y'all keep fighting about this

PS - what kind of person does that type of behavior anyways - I don't get it
Ag13
AG
nosoupforyou said:

Ag13 said:

You guys keep bringing up things that Hop is not referring to

Of course you can buy those tickets to a road game

But it would be polite for you not to be a jackass the whole time in those seats

I don't understand why y'all keep fighting about this

PS - what kind of person does that type of behavior anyways - I don't get it
Well - the OP is recommending not selling to any fans of UK or Tennessee which is a pretty broad brush to paint with. This of course is also a common theme when it comes to football games - not selling to opposing fans. It also comes up basically every year when Kentucky comes to Reed Arena being that they have one of the largest fanbases in the sport.

Yes, you should probably avoid acting like a jackass no matter what stadium you are in. If simply wearing another school's colors, and cheering for that school, inside a stadium that another team calls home makes you a jackass then I guess I disagree.
Hop
Staff
AG
EXCELL said:

I'm with you on that. He figures out the first names of every ref to make it sound like he knows the guys. It's brutal.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Hop said:

EXCELL said:

I'm with you on that. He figures out the first names of every ref to make it sound like he knows the guys. It's brutal.
I kind of respect it.

texAZtea
AG
Hop said:

EXCELL said:

Oh look! A common enemy.

Yeah, f that guy!
Leander - Ag
AG
EXCELL said:

Well, those seats belong to me. I've been a season ticket holder for over 50yrs and my dad before that.
Going to Aggie basketball since Shelby Metcalf was an assistant.

The big guy in the Vol "cat in the hat" is one of my two best friends in the world and has been for decades.
He travelled from Knoxville (actually Alcoa) to come to game as I am in Belize and neither me nor my family was able to attend.

The other guy is unknown to me ... my friend's sister was going to come with him but came down sick at the last minute. He picked that guy out of the line coming in and invited him to use the other seat.

The tickets were not sold ... they were gifted. At the Kentucky game there were two guests in those seats who bid on those tickets at a charity fund raiser for animal rescue. And I'll give them to anybody I want or sell them to anybody I want. When YOU pay for them, you can pontificate about who should get to use them. Otherwise STFU

Ha!
HotardRat
AG
Hop said:

EXCELL said:

I cannot name you the last time I witnessed an offensive three seconds call.

....now it's not exactly a very memorable thing, but still.
chlavinka
AG
That's not how it works
Phone bill
Really glad I have no tickets to sell

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.