PSU vs t.u. Game Thread

32,186 Views | 327 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by t - cam
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

Disu dropped 28. Averaged 8 all season. Almost like variation night to night can be drastic and why single elimination is a horrible way to crown a champion. But it's fun so we allow it

It helps when refs give you 8-10 seconds in the lane without a whistle. That guy set up a pop up store I. The paint without issue.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Let's say horns get to Final Four…

They keep the head coach? Make him permanent? Any chance?
ClassOfJohnnyEra
AG
I did, but at the end of the day we **** the bed in THE tournament and got knocked out first round by a lesser seed when we were all chanting we were underrated and unfairly seeded
DimebagsGhost
AG
turfman80 said:

Not allowing Pickett to back his way down the lane? How novel...
texas didn't switch on picks like we did. We should have kept Dennis on 22 all game. That is what failed us
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Let's say horns get to Final Four…

They keep the head coach? Make him permanent? Any chance?

I think he already has the job
phatty26
DimebagsGhost said:

turfman80 said:

texas didn't switch on picks like we did. We should have kept Dennis on 22 all game. That is what failed us

That and being able to hit the broad side of a barn.
txag72
AG
And bama with 13 points with less than 9 to go.
gigemags87
AG
I don't think so. Funk having a lifetime game did.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Those misses he had down the stretch tonight were friggin killer. Those were as good as any look he got vs us
Kellso
There is a real chance that Houston could play Texas in the Elite 8 for a shot at a trip to Houston.
levypantsEOY
Know Your Enemy said:

**** the horns. I bet them -5.5 so that missed front end of a 1 and 1 followed by the Penn State 4 point play killed me.

User name does not check out.
TyHolden
AG
Kellso said:

There is a real chance that Houston could play Texas in the Elite 8 for a shot at a trip to Houston.
that's home field for texas...coogs don't travel to home games
TexAggie1999
gunan01 said:

PSU finished 8/28 from three. If they had hit 70% like they vs A&M they'd have hit 11 more threes and won 99-71.
Your stat is absolutely meaningless. Stop trying to justify our loss. We didn't play Penn State as well. That had a lot to do with the lack of Penn State offensive success.

We had a bad out of conference season. We had a good conference season. We had a good SEC tournament. We had a bad NCAA Tournament. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, all anyone really remembers is the NCAA Tournament where we lost badly in the first round. We need to do better going forward.

Overall, not a bad (though not great by any means) season even if it did end badly.
DimebagsGhost
AG
phatty26 said:

DimebagsGhost said:

turfman80 said:

feeding Marble and the bugs is how you beat PSU. Needed to to that more
gunan01
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

ClassOfJohnnyEra said:

Unfortunately it's been the only positive with A&M sports I've had, hence the name

Serious question: Between Jan. 1 and last Thursday..did you not have a lot of fun for 10-weeks watching a 17-4 A&M team in the SEC? God seemed to hate your school? One bad game erased that 10 weeks of enjoyment you got, now you are just frustrated and no fond memories of any of it?

Everyone enjoys college sports differently. Re: college basketball specifically, the tournament is everything for most people.
miller0926
AG
TyHolden said:

Kellso said:

They had about triple the amount of fans we had at the Fort Worth Invitational or whatever it was called.
txag72
AG
I prefer to think of it as a good chance of 25% of the Sweet 16 from the SEC and we finished 2nd. That should sell to recruits.
gunan01
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

gunan01 said:

PSU finished 8/28 from three. If they had hit 70% like they vs A&M they'd have hit 11 more threes and won 99-71.
Your stat is absolutely meaningless. Stop trying to justify our loss. We didn't play Penn State as well. That had a lot to do with the lack of Penn State offensive success.

We had a bad out of conference season. We had a good conference season. We had a good SEC tournament. We had a bad NCAA Tournament. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, all anyone really remembers is the NCAA Tournament where we lost badly in the first round. We need to do better going forward.

Overall, not a bad (though not great by any means) season even if it did end badly.
Texas didn't play that well either. They just got lucky that Penn St shot under 30% from the three point line. Funk missed two wide open threes that would've stretched their lead at the very end. Instead, Texas won. They got lucky.
levypantsEOY
Lol "they just got lucky…" the hallmark calling card of any poor loser out there.
TyHolden
AG
miller0926 said:

TyHolden said:

Kellso said:

They had about triple the amount of fans we had at the Fort Worth Invitational or whatever it was called.
and i read that wrong. my post made no sense. they aren't playing the elite 8 in houston.
gunan01
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Lol "they just got lucky…" the hallmark calling card of any poor loser out there.
poor loser? I dont like either team.
AggieDub25
I would say a guy who shot 8/10 from 3 in his last game missing multiple wide open 3s down the stretch a bit of luck
Kellso
TyHolden said:

Kellso said:

In past years yes....without a doubt. But now? The Cougars are doing it for the City of Houston......and the city is behind them.

The University of Houston has some of the same advantages/disadvantages that schools like Memphis, Miami, Louisville....etc have.

When you are mediocre the fan support is not there. The fans in your hometown will act like they don't know who you are.

When you are great the bandwagon gets bigger and bigger, and then the city comes out to support you.
They city of Houston will come out to support the Cougars the more they win.

Cougar High knows what's at stake. They are shooting for Final Four #7. They are doing it for the city.

AggieDub25
Well England was going to bring the cup home until they didn't
TyHolden
AG
Kellso said:

TyHolden said:

Kellso said:

In past years years yes....without a doubt. But now? The Cougars are doing it for the City of Houston......and the city is behind them.

The University of Houston has some of the same advantages/disadvantages that schools like Memphis, Miami, Louisville....etc have.

When you are mediocre the fan support is not there. The fans in your hometown will act like they don't know who you are.

When you are great the bandwagon gets bigger and bigger, and then the city comes out to support you.
They city of Houston will come out to support the Cougars the more they win.

Cougar High knows what's at stake. They are shooting for Final Four #7. They are doing it for the city.

Sweet 16/Elite 8 are in either Louiville or Kansas City. Not sure where Midwest region is but I'm guessing one of these locations. My post was stupid.
StacksOnSully
A&M made 10x as many 3s against Penn State(10-34) as Texas did (1-13). Penn State made 8x as many 3s tonight as Texas did. Let's not pretend like Funk not making every 3 was the reason Texas won. Texas dominated the entire game even WHILE going 1-13 from 3 and only 4 pts from FTs before the last minute of the game. That's insane. Texas is just far better than we are and it was obvious tonight. They can control a game they don't get many points in from 3s or FTs.
txaggieacct85
AG
Penn state against Texas 8-28 3pt land
Penn state against A&M 13-22

Penn state missed a lot of open threes tonight
txaggieacct85
AG
Dylan Disu had A&M on his short list out of high school
Method Man
So did Kyrie Irving.
dixichkn
AG
gunan01 said:

levypantsEOY said:

poor loser? I dont like either team.
But Levysip does. Unfortunately it's not us
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Penn state against Texas 8-28 3pt land
So my prediction wasn't horribly far off. Even though I was overexaggerating
Ag Eng 92
AG
txaggieacct85 said:

Dylan Disu had A&M on his short list out of high school

Met his parents and grandmother walking through the skywalk tunnels in Des Moines. Parents were great too chat with on the walk, and dad clearly had some good feelings towards A&M. Dylan may have had a sister come here?
txaggieacct85
AG
Why did Scott Spinelli leave coaching?

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4562184
aggiedad7
phatty26 said:

DimebagsGhost said:

turfman80 said:

tu was 1-13 on 3's after shooting over 50% in game 1. PSU's issue is the have no size and Disu could get his shot anytime he wanted which was often. If they'd have had someone to cover Disu they win that game.
94chem
Pumpkinhead said:

ClassOfJohnnyEra said:

Unfortunately it's been the only positive with A&M sports I've had, hence the name

Serious question: Between Jan. 1 and last Thursday..did you not have a lot of fun for 10-weeks watching a 17-4 A&M team in the SEC? God seemed to hate your school? One bad game erased that 10 weeks of enjoyment you got, now you are just frustrated and no fond memories of any of it?

Some people are math-challenged. There are 68 teams in the tourney. 52 of them have already gone home. Even as a UNC grad, they've been to 11 final 4's and won 3 titles since I became a student. Still, it feels like they never win.

This was one of the best half-dozen or so Aggie teams in school history. Being bitter because you didn't get to see them play one or two more games is just a crummy way to take trips around the sun.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.