Annual MarcAg's March Madness Contest (not a bracket contest)

6,214 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by texasaggie2015
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dixichkn
AG
_lefraud_
AG
Bump
EliteZags
AG
funnest 'sports investing' contest out there
SoftwareAg
AG
155+ entries so far
Jerry-Ag
Would it be possible to delay my payment until after the tournament? I own a small business (soon to be large business) and am setting aside funds for future growth. However I am very interested in this bracket challenge.

I could also do two (2) equal payments of $10 (10 dollars) if that works better? All the best and happy Madness!

-Jerry
EliteZags
AG
Jerry-Ag said:

Would it be possible to delay my payment until after the tournament? I own a small business (soon to be large business) and am setting aside funds for future growth. However I am very interested in this bracket challenge.

I could also do two (2) equal payments of $10 (10 dollars) if that works better? All the best and happy Madness!

-Jerry

not totally clear on what your business does but I'm sold on investing in it, I'll offer $40 in exchange for 25% equity
that will cover up to 2 entries for you
XpressAg09
AG
Paid.
_lefraud_
AG
I too would like to setup a payment plan, maybe $5 every three months...thanks
bobinator
AG
Gotta be close to putting someone's kid through college at this point with what I've donated to this over the years.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I always do horrible in this pool so of course I'm back to embarrass myself again.
colten.c
AG
2 of my 3 were in the bottom 25 last year so I feel your pain. And like a good Ag I'm back for more
Know Your Enemy
AG
I keep alternating my strategy. One year I pick all double digit seeds and only 1 or 2 pull the first round upset. The next year I'll pick mid range seeds I think can win multiple games. I always seem to be off on which years will have a lot of upsets. Maybe I should look back at what my strategy was last year and repeat it since it clearly didn't work then.
Topher17
AG
Happy to lose to you all once again!
EliteZags
AG
finished I think 2nd a few yrs back can vouch for paying out 4 figures
bullard21k
AG
I won this back in 2015 ish I believe. Had 2 brackets the next year way ahead of everyone else and would have won back to back titles easily except….

Notre Dame has like a 18 point lead with a few minutes left and if they hold on I win both 1st and 2nd place. this girl I was dating at the time as a joke said "you've got this locked up and are going to win again, what are you going to buy me?"

We were watching the game together and as soon as the words came off her lips whoever ND was playing buried like 4 three pointers in a row and won at the buzzer.

I did end up marrying this girl though
MarcAg
AG
bullard21k said:

And have you come close to winning since this?
The Porkchop Express
AG
EliteZags said:

Jerry-Ag said:

-Jerry

not totally clear on what your business does but I'm sold on investing in it, I'll offer $40 in exchange for 25% equity
that will cover up to 2 entries for you
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
bobinator
AG
The big question is are we all picking A&M or are none of us picking A&M.
frenchtoast
I think I entered this the first or second year you did this. I'm too cheap these days to spend money on gambling, but it is a lot of fun.
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

The big question is are we all picking A&M or are none of us picking A&M.
A&M will be without a doubt the most picked team.
EliteZags
AG
psychological strategy-wise aside objectively not a bad pick, despite the rough matchup draws you're looking for underseeded teams and this is one of the biggest underseedings of all time
DatTallArchitect
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I keep alternating my strategy. One year I pick all double digit seeds and only 1 or 2 pull the first round upset. The next year I'll pick mid range seeds I think can win multiple games. I always seem to be off on which years will have a lot of upsets. Maybe I should look back at what my strategy was last year and repeat it since it clearly didn't work then.
So what's your strategy this year?
_lefraud_
AG
MarcAg said:

bullard21k said:

And have you come close to winning since this?
Charlie Moran
AG
I'm in. I have led after Day 1 but never won . My daughter tied for 5th last year. Still a negative ROI but still fun
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
MarcAg
AG
About 24 hours left to sign up, pick your teams and pay
Know Your Enemy
AG
Entered and paid.
Booma94
AG
Do you only pick once or do you reset picks each round/weekend?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Booma94 said:

Do you only pick once or do you reset picks each round/weekend?
Once
SoftwareAg
AG
Almost to 400 entries!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Entered and paid. Then just went back and looked and realized I didn't select a single Big 12 team, the best conference in the nation. Already feeling like...

Jerry-Ag
Not a whole lot of value in Big 12 teams. Five (5) of the seven (7) are a three (3) seed or better. The only two (2) who might be worth picking are Iowa State and TCU, both six (6) seeds. This type of contest doesn't favor the lower numbered seeds. I developed a model based on a quantitative analysis just for this contest that I am testing out. We'll see if how well it works. Will update as we go.
Get back or get Jerry’d
MarcAg
AG
Less than 12 hours to sign up.
Girlhowdy
AG
Signed up!
VAXMaster
AG
In!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.