Next 4

10,578 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bullet Tooth Tony
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UGA
Auburn
@LSU
Arkansas

All of those are winnable, but none will be easy. We need to go at least 3-1 in this stretch. 4-0 would be ideal.
bullard21k
AG
I think we split with auburn/Arky

The Georgia/lsu games concern me a little bc losses in either will be a dagger to our resume. Recoverable yes…but you almost have must wins against either @mizz , tenn/bama to makeup for that bad loss.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'll be happy with 3-1, ecstatic with 4-0.
Method Man
It's nut cutting time.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Hopefully there was little or no difficulty getting back home last night.

Our guys were clearly exhausted mentally and physically after the huge break in their routine due to Tuesday game (after a later Saturday night and tougher game than expected against Vandy) plus all the weather related issues getting to Fayetteville.

This'll be a good week for an extra day prior to Georgia at home this Saturday.

Counting on getting a great home crowd/atmosphere at Reed against the Bulldogs to further rejuvenate our guys as well!

BTHO Georgia to defend home court and stay at "+3" on the Buzz scale!!!
CapCityAg89
AG
Some - i think i heard they had to fly to Houston and bus from there.

Dudes will sleep well tonight. Ahh, to be young. I'd be dead after that kind of travel.
Pumpkinhead
AG
4-0 => About a done deal, need to go just 1-4 in the last 5, which would take an improbable collapse at that point
3-1 => In great shape and a 'comfortable' position, need to just go 2-3 in the last 5
2-2 => Treading water, need to go 3-2 in the last 5, doable but not much room left for error, you don't want to be in a position of Tenn or Bama at home being a MUST WIN but you've about put yourself in that very difficult position.
1-3 or 0-4 => f***!
SilverTongueDevil
We will likely be favored in all 4 games.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
caleblyn
GA
AUB
@ LSU
ARK

We need to win all 4!

Remaining, in order of difficulty...

BAMA
TENN
@ MOU
ARK
@ MST
@OM

I see a split - 3-3

Finish 7-3, with losses to #1, #9, and @#37

That would be strong!
MarcAg
AG
I am going to stick with what I said a while back. Its going to come down to that Bama game and A&M needing a win to get into the tourney. Hope I am wrong and they take care of business to where that game is just for a boost in seeding.
Know Your Enemy
AG
caleblyn said:

GA
AUB
@ LSU
ARK

We need to win all 4!

Remaining, in order of difficulty...

BAMA
TENN
@ MOU
ARK
@ MST
@OM

I see a split - 3-3

Finish 7-3, with losses to #1, #9, and @#37

That would be strong!
You have ARK on there twice.
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

4-0 => About a done deal, need to go just 1-4 in the last 5, which would take an improbable collapse at that point
Man I think if you go 12-6 and lose 4 of your last 5 we are sweating selection Sunday big time (unless the one win is Tennessee or Bama).
Method Man
I'm concerned we are about to go downhill.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

Of course you are.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Method Man said:

They looked possibly tired from the grind last night, and was the first Sat to Tue shorter turnaround plus a crappy road trip with crappy weather bussing in from Kansas...and Arky isn't a bad team obviously who actually needed the win more.

Let's see how they look Saturday at home versus Georgia with now an extra day off between games. This game is in a 'Must Win' category given their situation. Not one they can afford to drop.
Method Man
Two games in a row we just look off. Did you watch the games?
billydean05
Some of you chicken littles need to realize the sky is not falling. Our last 3 road games the opponents combined home record was 32-4. We went 1-2 in those three road games and were in tight games in all three. Sure we had a little letdown against Vandy but lets win these next one's that we should and hold our homecourt go 3-1 in our 4 road games and 3-2 in our home games and finish 13-5 and should put us in fairly close to lock status.
phatty26
We better start playing better and we can't lose any home games.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

You do recognize the extenuating circumstances behind yesterday's game, right? The game before that we won. Your constant negativity is a beat down. Things are pretty good right now, try to enjoy it until things actually go bad.
NyAggie
AG
MarcAg said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Man I think if you go 12-6 and lose 4 of your last 5 we are sweating selection Sunday big time (unless the one win is Tennessee or Bama).
this.

if we go 4-0 in the next 4, we need to at least go 2-3 in the final 5 to not be sweating it out

3-1 means 3-2 in the final 5

finish in the last 9 needs to be no worse than 6-3 to feel good about getting in.

so 4-0 in these games:

GA
AUB
@ LSU
ARK

means 2-3 in these games:

@mizzou
Tennessee
@miss st
@ ole miss
Bama
GrayMatter
AG
Method Man said:

Missed a lot of bunnies and free throws. Yet our energy was there until the end. Yeah we haven't looked sharp in the last couple of games but I'll take their willingness to compete til the end. The shots will fall and our defensive rotations will be sharper. It's only a matter of time.
Method Man
I do realize all that. I watched us struggle against Vandy without two best big men (who is admittedly a bad matchup for us) the game before.

Put me on ignore if you wish. Sorry I'm not Polly Anna. I'm happy to be wrong.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

I do realize all that. I watched us struggle against Vandy without two best big men (who is admittedly a bad matchup for us) the game before.

Put me on ignore if you wish. Sorry I'm not Polly Anna. I'm happy to be wrong.
You don't have to be PollyAnna but it'd be nice if you weren't constant doom & gloom all the time. Be negative when it's called for. I have ZERO problem with that. But we are 7-2 in SEC play right now.
Method Man
I'll be what I am. We are 7-2. Let's see how it goes.
Adam87inSA
AG
We are going to be favored in each of the next four games.

We need to win them all or the stretch run gets very dicey.

After those four, we will be underdogs in 4 of remaining 5.

Losing any of the next four means that in order to get to 13-5 we HAVE to win at least two of @Mizzou, UT, @State, and Bama, and we are currently dogs in all of those. And we must win @OM (where we are favored).
Proposition Joe
And while we'll be favored in the next 4, the game this Saturday will be the only one we're heavy favorites in. The others are still going to be in the 55-60% win probability spread range.

That's why the "well we didn't HAVE to have this game" in close games @UK and @Ark, while true, don't necessarily take into account that it's VERY unlikely we win all of the games we are favored in the rest of the season. We're gonna drop at least one we shouldn't, which is why we really need to find a way to win another one of these "didn't HAVE to" games.
Hop
Staff
AG
MarcAg said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Yeah, I think the goal to be safe is 13-5. 12-6 and we're sweating it out.
bobinator
AG
You know how some people have a code word to let their people know they're under duress?

If Method is ever like "I feel great about this situation," we'll know the terrorists have him
MarcAg
AG
Hop said:

MarcAg said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Yeah, I think the goal to be safe is 13-5. 12-6 and we're sweating it out.
Especially going 12-6 ending the season on a sour note like 1-4.
bobinator
AG
I'm with you on Alabama though, it's feeling a bit like '06 Texas
Method Man
I'm just glad we have a body of work in making the tournament to feel good about.
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

I'm with you on Alabama though, it's feeling a bit like '06 Texas

I have my tickets and my hotel booked for that game as I had a feeling this would be a big one.
czar_iv
AG
2-2 won't be easy since 3 of the 4 has already played us.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
czar_iv
AG
Method Man said:

IMO Marble was defended super well in those last 2 games, so we couldn't get easy buckets from his post game. We don't really have a player that is a scorer that can go get us a bucket against anyone.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Method Man
Both of our posts need to do better kicking the ball back out when they get it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.