Next 4

10,630 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bullet Tooth Tony
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
czar_iv said:

Method Man said:

Two games in a row we just look off. Did you watch the games?
IMO Marble was defended super well in those last 2 games, so we couldn't get easy buckets from his post game. We don't really have a player that is a scorer that can go get us a bucket against anyone.
Except for Radford who every now and then shows up wearing a cape, like against Auburn.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Proposition Joe said:

And while we'll be favored in the next 4, the game this Saturday will be the only one we're heavy favorites in. The others are still going to be in the 55-60% win probability spread range.

That's why the "well we didn't HAVE to have this game" in close games @UK and @Ark, while true, don't necessarily take into account that it's VERY unlikely we win all of the games we are favored in the rest of the season. We're gonna drop at least one we shouldn't, which is why we really need to find a way to win another one of these "didn't HAVE to" games.
This team can't afford to do that. They have already used up all their 'drop one you shouldn't' get out of jail free cards.

Drop one you shouldn't at this point means mandatory steal one you shouldn't to replace it, which is a horrible tradeoff.
Proposition Joe
Pumpkinhead said:

Proposition Joe said:

And while we'll be favored in the next 4, the game this Saturday will be the only one we're heavy favorites in. The others are still going to be in the 55-60% win probability spread range.

That's why the "well we didn't HAVE to have this game" in close games @UK and @Ark, while true, don't necessarily take into account that it's VERY unlikely we win all of the games we are favored in the rest of the season. We're gonna drop at least one we shouldn't, which is why we really need to find a way to win another one of these "didn't HAVE to" games.
This team can't afford to do that. They have already used up all their 'drop one you shouldn't' get out of jail free cards.

Drop one you shouldn't at this point means mandatory steal one you shouldn't to replace it, which is a horrible tradeoff.

It is a horrible tradeoff, but it's the reality.

I don't see us winning all 3 of @LSU, @OleMiss and @MissState. Not because we're not good enough to beat those teams, but because winning on the road in major conference play isn't easy.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Auburn taking Georgia to the woodshed this far tonight.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Good! Demoralize them and make them believe they cannot win on road.

Ever again.
Decay
AG
I was kinda thinking that last night. We're in position to dance but we have to hold serve every single time. If the last two nights are just fatigue catching up to us, then hopefully we can recover and make another run.

We have been close in both our losses so it's easy to be optimistic. Just sucks how it felt like we could steal that one last night and bricked it away.
Sagitariutt Jefferspin
My good friends, allow me to regale you with tales of the forthcoming battles for our beloved A&M basketball team. These games will be a true test of mettle, a display of might and skill.

First, they shall face a formidable opponent, a true dragon of the court, but have no fear! The Aggies shall wield their swords of strategy and strike with the swiftness of a thunderbolt.

Next, they shall encounter a team that likes to play at a breakneck pace, but our valiant warriors shall not be deterred. They shall stand firm, their defense as solid as a castle wall, and triumph over their opponents.

In the third contest, they shall face a team that seeks to make a statement, but the Aggies shall not be intimidated. They shall rise to the challenge, their determination as unwavering as a steel beam, and emerge victorious.

And finally, the grand finale, the rivalrous battle. This shall be a battle of epic proportions, a true test of strength and will. But our Aggies shall not falter. They shall play with all their heart, with a courage befitting of the greatest of heroes, and vanquish their foes.

So there you have it, my dear friends. The next four games for the A&M basketball team shall be a showcase of bravery, of strength and skill. Let us cheer on these warriors and witness their triumphant victories!
HossAg
AG
Courtesy of ChatGPT:

Greetings, noble one! Thy quest for a preview of the next four games of the Texas A&M basketball team shall be fulfilled with great fervor and optimism.

First, against the Georgia Bulldogs, the Aggies shall engage in a fierce battle. With their unwavering determination and might on the court, the Aggies shall emerge victorious and earn a glorious win.

Next, against the Auburn Tigers, the Aggies shall face a worthy opponent, but Bruce Pearl's tantrum shall not sway the Aggies' determination. They shall exhibit their prowess and grace, making their opponents tremble with fear. Their unwavering spirit and tenacity shall lead them to triumph.

In the third match against the LSU Tigers, the Aggies shall face a desperate and unethical opponent who has resorted to stealing from children's hospitals to win. The Aggies shall show no mercy and demonstrate their superiority, vanquishing their opponents with ease. Their bravery shall be unmatched and their enemies shall falter.

Finally, in the last game against the Arkansas Razorbacks, the Aggies shall seek revenge for the last-second dunk in their previous encounter. They shall showcase their true prowess and leave no room for defeat. Their enemies shall be defeated and the Aggies shall emerge victorious.

Let us raise a cheer for the valiant Texas A&M basketball team! May their victories continue to bring great honor and glory to their name.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Whether it's 12 or 13 wins I think the key is finishing in the top 4 in the sec. The sec should be sending 6 teams to the tournament including Bama, Tenn, TAMU, Kent, Aub and Ark. We still play 4 of the other 5 at home. I think we need at least 2-2 in those 4 games to guarantee a decent seed in the tourney.
Deputy Travis Junior
I'd really like to see us go 4-0 to stay on track for 12-6. Our last 5 games are brutal: 3 road games and 2 home games against top 5 teams. I could see us doing as well as 3-2 but I can't count on more than 1-4 against that group.
Complete Idiot
Definitely see a shooting slump trend in past two games, you could blame it on post Auburn let down and fatigue of 10 days straight with travel issues - but I want to see if they can rest and regroup. You have to bring it in EVERY SEC game, Georgia is highly capable of beating us if we have a Vandy or Arkansas shooting effort.
frenchtoast
I think we have to go 4-0 on this stretch. We really needed that Arkansas road win. Hopefully we're getting well rested this week.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Arky had lost only once at home this year - to Alabama.

They showed at Baylor that they are putting it together against good competition.

This loss for the Ags was sort of expected and certainly allowable - and made more likely by the schedule/travel issues - and yet we STILL came within 4 points at the 4 minute mark. Had we made our FTs at our usual % we could've very well won that game.

As it is - this extra day of rest this week before two home games back to back (saving the travel time since it is another quick turnaround to a Tuesday game for Auburn rematch) plus being on our home court with what I expect will be GREAT fan support at Reed for both games really sets up up for a strong recovery with bounce back victories in both games.

THEN, LSU on the road (thankfully back to Wednesday-Saturday schedule) is beatable - and we should expect to win there with our typical effort and finishing at the rim/getting to the foul line/making free throws.

Finally- we end with the third home game out of the four games in question - a rematch with the Arky team that we outrebounded and shot 20 more shots than them on their home court. We will be favored to win again at home - and should.

So, YES. We have to get rested and get back to the style of play we showed in our first 7 games of conference play. Home baskets/rims should also help us get over our mini-slump from 3 point range and finishing at the rim.

Let's BTHO the next 4 opponents to defend home court and take another one on the road to get to "+4" on the Buzz scale!
CapCityAg89
AG
For what it's worth, Auburn plays at UT Saturday and then do the quick turn to come to BCS. They will likely be the ones dragging on Tuesday.
Leander - Ag
AG
3-1 should be doable
NyAggie
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

I'd really like to see us go 4-0 to stay on track for 12-6. Our last 5 games are brutal: 3 road games and 2 home games against top 5 teams. I could see us doing as well as 3-2 but I can't count on more than 1-4 against that group.

A 1-4 finish and I don't think we go dancing

Need a minimum of 2-3 in that stretch

I think we will best either tenn or bama at home

Then best ole miss or miss st or mizzou on the road for 2-3

That's gets us to 13-5 IF we go 4-0 in the next four

3-1 in the next four and that 2-3 finish will need to be 3-2

Ags #1
AG
This time 1000%, 12-6 is a coin flip (especially if we dont beat bama or vols). After what happened last year and considering our OOC loses ,12-6 is 50/50 at best imo.
NyAggie
AG
Ags #1 said:

This time 1000%, 12-6 is a coin flip (especially if we dont beat bama or vols). After what happened last year and considering our OOC loses ,12-6 is 50/50 at best imo.

Yep

As Hop has been saying all along, I agree that 13-5 is the number
Pumpkinhead
AG
Ags #1 said:

I've seen a lot of people who follow this stuff for a living saying 12-6.
Ags #1
AG
I dont trust the committee one bit after last year. Our best wins would be auburn x2 and arky at home if we dont beat bama or vols and lose the games we are dogs in. With 2 horrid OOC loses. Just seems like a bubble team with that resume. I really hope to be wrong
GrayMatter
AG
Ags #1 said:

I dont trust the committee one bit after last year.
On point.

You don't know if the committee really watches the games throughout the season or just convene for those few days before selection Sunday to talk about every team's resume.

This year's committee is the same one as last years and it's obvious that they didn't really care for any metric before them except for the eye test. The long losing streak was the black eye that did us in last year and I think we have to finish in the top 4 to be comfortably in the tournament.
bobinator
AG
I legitimately don't think it makes a difference that the eight losses were in a row. If last year's conference games were rescrambled with the same results I think we're still out.
Rec
AG
Seems to me the team is playing well and can hang with anyone but you just can't win if it doesn't go in the bucket. If we make buckets 3-1 is totally do able.
Know Your Enemy
AG
bobinator said:

I legitimately don't think it makes a difference that the eight losses were in a row. If last year's conference games were rescrambled with the same results I think we're still out.
Maybe you're right but I disagree.
CapCityAg89
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

bobinator said:

Maybe you're right but I disagree.

I disagree too. That was absolutely the difference maker.
Proposition Joe
I think it was simply we weren't even a bubble team entering the tournament so weren't on anyone's board until it was too late.

I think that's far more likely that they weighed NET like they were supposed to but then decided to hone in on losing streak (which NET accounted for).
bobinator
AG
Yeah, we just weren't even that close until the SEC Tournament, which they didn't weight as heavy as the regular season. We were 9-9 in league play and had a NET in, I think, the 50s with two quad 1 wins (Arkansas, @Alabama) going into the SEC Tournament.

I don't think that the losses were mostly all in a row mattered at all. Why would it? If anything you'd think it would help from a narrative standpoint of "oh they hit a skid but they pulled out of it..." versus "this team just hasn't been any good for over two months."
NyAggie
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, we just weren't even that close until the SEC Tournament, which they didn't weight as heavy as the regular season. We were 9-9 in league play and had a NET in, I think, the 50s with two quad 1 wins (Arkansas, @Alabama) going into the SEC Tournament.

I don't think that the losses were mostly all in a row mattered at all. Why would it? If anything you'd think it would help from a narrative standpoint of "oh they hit a skid but they pulled out of it..." versus "this team just hasn't been any good for over two months."

I think the reason why the losing streak mattered is because it took us completely off the bubble watch and made us not even a thought in the committees mind

Then we went in a hot streak but because we were so far back they had set the field before our tourney run and didn't put much weight into our sec tourney results

The only way we were getting in was by winning the sec tourney

Had you not lost all those games in a row you are Riding the bubble all season long and maybe a tourney run gets you in

bobinator
AG
I guess maybe we dance on the bubble if the South Carolina and Missouri losses are early, and beating Arkansas late would have helped more than beating them early, but I doubt it makes much of a difference. Our resume just wasn't any good until the SECT.
NyAggie
AG
bobinator said:

I guess maybe we dance on the bubble if the South Carolina and Missouri losses are early, and beating Arkansas late would have helped more than beating them early, but I doubt it makes much of a difference. Our resume just wasn't any good until the SECT.

In The end that's Probably right
Pumpkinhead
AG
MarcAg said:

UGA
Auburn
@LSU
Arkansas

All of those are winnable, but none will be easy. We need to go at least 3-1 in this stretch. 4-0 would be ideal.

'Ideal' scenario happened!

Now what?
zgolfz85
AG
4-0 for the win
Adam87inSA
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

MarcAg said:

UGA
Auburn
@LSU
Arkansas

All of those are winnable, but none will be easy. We need to go at least 3-1 in this stretch. 4-0 would be ideal.

Now what?
Now what?

GO WIN THE SEC
Know Your Enemy
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

MarcAg said:

UGA
Auburn
@LSU
Arkansas

Now what?

I'd be OK if we didn't lose another game this season.
bakersholiday
AG
Missouri
Tennessee
Miss St
Ole Miss

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.