A&M's Lunardi Bracketology Tracker

47,920 Views | 288 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by t - cam
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They will match us with Texas. And give us whatever seed is required to make that happen.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Non-Lunardi update.

Jerry Palm now has us as his TOP 6th seed - avoiding any of the Texas teams and playing the winner of Dayton game between Penn State and Michigan.

I know these seedings and placement are all guesses at this point- but how nice would it be to get revenge against Michigan, the last team to eliminate us from the tournament, then play Gonzaga in the second round (many have said that the Zags are an ideal top 4 seed to get to play because Buzz and his coaches can scheme to take away Drew Timme) THEN in the Sweet 16 game we would likely get Marquette or Michigan State (lots of story lines with either matchup) - and finally, in the Elite 8 game, get Kansas as our region's 1 seed - another old familiar foe who we have vanquished in the past with a different superb point guard?

That was a long question!
TexasAGGIEinAR
Know Your Enemy said:

I have no idea what we would do with Timme. Dude would go for 40 on us, I'm afraid. Then again, that doesn't mean Gonzaga would win the game.

Timme has 2 moves in the post. He's nothing special midrange and can't shoot it deep. He's not physical and would have trouble with Marble bodying him up. I'd love getting Gonzaga in rd2. Their defense is pathetic and if they aren't having a really good shooting night, they'd have a big problem with us.
Gap
AG
I've been doing this with Lunardi's Tuesday Bracketology update every week this season. So, this will be the last one of these for the season from me as we will have the actual bracket on Sunday.

It has been a wild ride. We started the season as a predicted 8 seed and currently are predicted as a 7 seed.

3/7/2023 Bracketology - Texas A&M - IN as a 7 seed.

Our NET is 23 as of today, up from 27 last week.

This week for us (NET Rankings):

Friday (6 pm) - #18 Arkansas or #32 Auburn
Saturday (approx 2:30 pm) - opponent is TBD (highest possible seed is #19 Kentucky)
Sunday (Noon) - opponent is TBD (highest possible seed is #2 Alabama)
Gap
AG
The "wild ride" by week.

Our predicted seed by week during this season:

Nov 8 - IN as 8 seed
Nov 22 - IN as 12 seed (last team in)
Nov 29 - OUT (first four out)
Dec 5 - OUT
Dec 13 - OUT
Dec 20 - OUT
Jan 3- OUT
Jan 17 - OUT (listed in first four out)
Jan 23 - OUT
Jan 31 - OUT (listed as first team out)
Feb 7- OUT (listed as first team out)
Feb 14 - IN as 10 seed
Feb 21 - IN as 8 seed
Feb 28 - IN as 8 seed
Mar 7 - IN as 7 seed
GigEmMortis
AG
It still baffles me that, since February 15, we have:

• Won vs Arkansas
  • Won @ Mizzou
  • Won vs Tennessee
  • Lost @ Miss State
  • Won @ Ole Miss
  • Won vs Alabama

And in that time, we have gone from an 8 to a 7.

Meanwhile, Tennessee has lost 6 of its last 10 games and has somehow remained as a 3 seed for pretty much the entire season.
t - cam
AG
GigEmMortis said:

It still baffles me that, since February 15, we have:

• Won vs Arkansas
  • Won @ Mizzou
  • Won vs Tennessee
  • Lost @ Miss State
  • Won @ Ole Miss
  • Won vs Alabama

And in that time, we have gone from an 8 to a 7.

Meanwhile, Tennessee has lost 6 of its last 10 games and has somehow remained as a 3 seed for pretty much the entire season.

Tennessee was a 1 seed at one point.
bdp514am
this is where I think our OOC scheduling really hurts us, and this year our OOC performance hurt us. The narrative around teams get almost in stone by the time conference play starts. Teams that have established themselves early can play their way down a seed line or maybe two, but it is damn hard to play your way up 4-5 seed lines
t - cam
AG
bdp514am said:

this is where I think our OOC scheduling really hurts us, and this year our OOC performance hurt us. The narrative around teams get almost in stone by the time conference play starts. Teams that have established themselves early can play their way down a seed line or maybe two, but it is damn hard to play your way up 4-5 seed lines

You are right. I think most believe we can't get higher than a 5 seed. Lunardi is allowing for us to win the tournament and get there. Others think we are already there but guessing they don't see a way for us to move up which would really frustrate this board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.