A&M's Lunardi Bracketology Tracker

47,918 Views | 288 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by t - cam
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lets see how we go up and down throughout this season.

In ESPN's Joe Lunardi's Bracketology as of 11/8/22, he has A&M as a 8 seed.

aer1996
updated this morning (11/22): A&M listed as last team in. #12 seed play-in game.
Gap
AG
aer1996 said:

updated this morning (11/22): A&M listed as last team in. #12 seed play-in game.
Just saw that and was about to post it.

11/22/22 Bracketology - Texas A&M - 12 seed and listed as last team in.

Memphis is listed as an 8 seed. That is a big opportunity for us. No one else on our full non-conference schedule (those already played or upcoming) is currently listed as in the tournament field or in Lunardi's first 8 out. If my scan was wrong and anyone finds a mistake in this statement let me know.

Time to dig out of this by playing good basketball. It is a cliche, but you can only do it one game at a time.
catfan
LAST FOUR IN
  • [url=https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/57][/url]
    Florida
  • [url=https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2483][/url]
    Oregon
  • [url=https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2550][/url]
    Seton Hall
  • [url=https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/245][/url]
    Texas A&M

Oregon looked pretty salty at home against UH on Sunday night. They have at least two 5-stars on the roster.
Kellso
The Houston Cougars might have the scariest team in the entire country. They have experience, athleticism and elite shooting with Sasser.

Texas has about 4 team this year that are capable of making it to the Final Four.
cs69ag
AG
Coogs have a great opportunity with the Final Four games in Houston this year!
Nice for t.u. and bu too. Not sure that tech is strong enough this year.
rlb28
AG
It's early and won't last, but here's another Texas school... SHSU is 6-0 with wins over OU and Utah on the road.

Their RPI is #7 in the nation, and Dave Portnoy tweeted this today...
wxguy95
AG
Watched their last game against South Dakota. They have pretty solid guard play and good 3 pt shooting.

Still a couple of big games for them before conference play so doubt they remain undefeated, but if the shooting holds they will be an upset special in the tourney.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Well if Portnoy says that they may just go winless the rest of the season.
Gap
AG
11/29/2022 Bracketology - Texas A&M - Listed in first 4 out

Even though we played better last week than in Myrtle Beach, Lunardi moved us out of the field this week. That is a combination of other teams jumping ahead of us with their early season results and the hangover from the poor tournament.

The answer for us is just keep winning, but we have used our mulligans and now must do just that.
Faustus
In his 11/29 Bracketology he has 9 of the 10 Big 12 teams in, with Oklahoma St. in the first four out.

I don't see that lasting.
Kellso
Faustus said:

In his 11/29 Bracketology he has 9 of the 10 Big 12 teams in, with Oklahoma St. in the first four out.

I don't see that lasting.
It could happen.

Iowa St was picked 8th in the pre season poll out of the 10 teams in the BIGXII and they just beat the #1 team in the country.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/18/big-12-basketball-rankings-baylor-kansas-texas
Gap
AG
12/5/2022 Bracketology - Texas A&M - Not listed at all - that includes "first 4 out" and "next 4 out". We haven't played up to expectations this year. Winning at Memphis has become very important just to create a reasonable path to the Dance during SEC play.
Gil Renard
AG
Pretty disgusting start
fletch01
AG
I had such high hopes at the beginning of the year. I'm not going to give up on the team yet, as Buzz generally has his talented teams playing better as the season progresses. We have enough talent, just need them to gel and find their roles.
DeangeloVickers
AG
We have fouled our way out of the NCAA so far

Gap
AG
12/13/2022 Bracketology - Texas A&M - Not listed at all - that includes "first 4 out" and "next 4 out".

This is a big week for us with the game at Memphis coming up on Saturday. Memphis is listed as a 6 seed in this Bracketology version. If we win this game on the road, we can get back on the map toward a NCAA berth.
Tango_Mike
Gap said:

12/13/2022 Bracketology - Texas A&M - Not listed at all - that includes "first 4 out" and "next 4 out".

This is a big week for us with the game at Memphis coming up on Saturday. Memphis is listed as a 6 seed in this Bracketology version. If we win this game on the road, we can get back on the map toward a NCAA berth.

Ags up to 97 in NET rankings, largely due to 2 teams moving into Q1. Team sheets aren't available yet, so it's kinda hard to track opponent moves without writing a scrape of the rankings website.

Also, NCAA site has Ags at 97, CBS site has Ags at 91. Warren Nolan has Ags at 91 and says that is no change from previous
Gap
AG
12/20/2022 Bracketology - Texas A&M - Not listed at all - that includes "first 4 out" and "next 4 out".

Our big week at the close of the non-conference was a bust. Winning at Memphis would have gotten us back on the map toward a NCAA berth. We were close but fell short there. However, in what ended up being the bigger story for the week regarding our chances, we really harmed ourself with a home loss to the Wofford Terriers.

As of 12/22/2022, Texas A&M has a NET ranking of #113 and we find ourselves about 70-75 spots out of the NCAA tourney at this time.
greg.w.h
AG
Gap said:

12/20/2022 Bracketology - Texas A&M - Not listed at all - that includes "first 4 out" and "next 4 out".

Our big week at the close of the non-conference was a bust. Winning at Memphis would have gotten us back on the map toward a NCAA berth. We were close but fell short there. However, in what ended up being the bigger story for the week regarding our chances, we really harmed ourself with a home loss to the Wofford Terriers.

As of 12/22/2022, Texas A&M has a NET ranking of #113 and we find ourselves about 70-75 spots out of the NCAA tourney at this time.
113 isn't good, but I'm surprised we aren't worse. At this point Buzz getting the team to close out each four minute mini period with a win would lead to enough wins to increase the NET quite a bit. Seems unpossible but I think it's more likely than not that we are in the top 50 by the end of the season: but not unl as we start winning minute by minute from the beginning. I think especially we need a better defensive focus.
DukeMu
Adios.
Proposition Joe
greg.w.h said:

Gap said:

At this point Buzz getting the team to close out each four minute mini period with a win would lead to enough wins to increase the NET quite a bit.

I'll go so far to say that if Buzz can get the team to close out each four minute mini period with a win we won't lose again this season.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Quote:

we won't lose again this season
greg.w.h
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Quote:

I have to admit my focus is on effort. But Joe isn't wrong if we accomplish it.
DukeMu
greg.w.h said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Quote:

If we score more points than the opponent we will win.
Proposition Joe
DukeMu said:

greg.w.h said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Quote:

If we score more points than the opponent we will win.

Sometimes the greg.w.h. chatAI reveals itself. Every once in a while in his hoops posts he'll randomly inquire "how about a nice game of chess?".
sharpdressedman
If not for humor, sarcasm, and desperation, this thread would be on page 5.
ExPeterKeating
#72 on Sagarin. Between Oral Roberts and UNT.
Gap
AG
1/3/2023 Bracketology - might as well continue this discussion as it changes thru the season. As we are now at the end of December and basically all of non-conference play, this is what Lunardi has as far as seeds.

We need to make some hay this week as we face two schools not currently in the field - Florida and LSU. Both would count as our best win of the year.

SEC
2 Alabama
2 Tennessee
3 Arkansas
6 Missouri
7 Auburn
8 Kentucky
9 Mississippi St.
LSU - first four out

State of Texas
2 Houston
3 Texas
4 Baylor
6 TCU
Texas Tech - first four out
Sam Houston - next four out
Complete Idiot
I'm going to allow myself to follow this again, we have a chance to make a move.

Very encouraged by SEC start but a LOT of work to do. Just looking back at our 5 losses:

Murray St - now 9-8 and 6th in the MVC, NET 178
Colorado - now 11-6 and 7th in the Pac-12, NET 60
Boise St - 13-4 and 3rd in Mountain West, NET 25
Memphis - 12-5 and 6th in American, NET 54
Wofford - 10-8 and 7th in Southern, NET 225

We are still thinking 12-6 in SEC to make tourney, right? Is the SEC down a bit? Currently 5 ranked teams, Arkansas is ranked but 1-3 in SEC play so far (**** em).
billydean05
Kentucky is substantially weaker then anticipated and Arkansas slightly weaker. Ultimately Arkansas looks like typical Arkansas over the last several years great at home but no where nearly as good on the road.
DR.ZAP
AG
Complete Idiot said:

I'm going to allow myself to follow this again, we have a chance to make a move.

Very encouraged by SEC start but a LOT of work to do. Just looking back at our 5 losses:

Murray St - now 9-8 and 6th in the MVC, NET 178
Colorado - now 11-6 and 7th in the Pac-12, NET 60
Boise St - 13-4 and 3rd in Mountain West, NET 25
Memphis - 12-5 and 6th in American, NET 54
Wofford - 10-8 and 7th in Southern, NET 225

We are still thinking 12-6 in SEC to make tourney, right? Is the SEC down a bit? Currently 5 ranked teams, Arkansas is ranked but 1-3 in SEC play so far (**** em).
12-6 with a sprinkling of wins like last night? Definitely possible. 12-6 with most of the wins coming off bottom-feeders? Poor odds.
Adam87inSA
AG
Yes, winning 9 our last 15 would give us a fighting chance. We can't win 9 without beating some more resume builders.

It pisses me off that our coaching staff apparently mailed it in during November and December. There is a TOTALLY different level of intensity and preparation for conference play. By comparison, all preconference games were treated like meaningless exhibitions, and it made making the NCAAT way harder than it should have been for us.

We are now Kenpom 64 after our 3-0 start, with wins over Kenpom 49 (road), 90, and 52.

We are going to need to grab at least one win from this list (Kenpom top 20)
Home and away vs Arky
Home and away vs Aub
UT here
Bama here

We need to win the majority of these (Kenpom 40-55)
UK there
UF here
State there
Mizzou there

We need to sweep these (Kenpom 85 and below)
Cocky there
Vandy here
OM there
LSU there
UGA here

Tall order.
Deputy Travis Junior
Quibbling here, but I don't think we can get to 12-6 without notching a handful of good wins. Even the easiest path has is beating Auburn and Arkansas at home and either LSU or 12-4 Mississippi State on the road. Probably includes a road win over Kentucky too.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Here's what I put together before the LSU game knowing that we need to hit 12 wins:

Wins: @Fla, LSU, Mizzou (3)

Must wins: @USCe, Fla, Vandy, Uga, Auburn, @Ole Miss = 6 wins

Could win: @Aub, @LSU, Arky, @MSU, @UK, @Mizzou = Need to win 3 of these.

Most Likely Losses: @Arky, UT, Bama = Icing on the cake

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.