Dexter Dennis

9,929 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgEfan
gstu11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok now I'm intrigued. Goodman just made a prediction on Dennis on Twitter with a gif of buzz dancing
Know Your Enemy
AG
I trust Buzz but I'm so confused how the numbers are going to work out even if we don't get Dennis.
MarcAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I trust Buzz but I'm so confused how the numbers are going to work out even if we don't get Dennis.
My prediction.

1) Jordan Williams doesn't join the team next season.

So after that you need 2 more spots (if we land another portal guy). Possible candidates to look elsewhere

1. Erik Pratt- Juco recruit
2. Ethan Henderson
3. Andre Gordon
4. Javonte Brown
5. Ashton Smith
6. Hayden Hefner

I would expect 2 from that list to move on

dcaggie04
AG
MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

My prediction.

So after that you need 2 more spots (if we land another portal guy). Possible candidates to look elsewhere

2. Ethan Henderson
3. Andre Gordon
4. Javonte Brown
5. Ashton Smith
6. Hayden Hefner

That's what I'm figuring too. But what is bugging me is that if any of those guys are leaving, that means they had to have put their names in the portal before 5/1. Why haven't we heard anything on them being in the portal? We typically hear within a few days from someone if someone goes in the portal from A&M. Just weird that we haven't heard anything.
MarcAg
AG
They can enter after May 1st and get a waiver to be eligible next year. So I don't think there are people that have entered that we haven't heard about. Also its possible somebody just stops playing basketball and so they don't need to enter the portal
bobinator
AG
Henderson and Brown would need a waiver anyway.
frenchtoast
I was so worried about the roster numbers last night that I couldn't sleep.
Gap
AG
MarcAg said:

Know Your Enemy said:

My prediction.

2. Ethan Henderson
3. Andre Gordon
4. Javonte Brown
5. Ashton Smith
6. Hayden Hefner

Based on the lack of Buzz or discussion or even recognition of his "signing", I think you are going to be correct on Williams.

Also, I am not expecting Pratt to be here based on the lack of information we have received on him since he quit his juco team in January.
MarcAg
AG
Pratt was behind the Aggie bench during a game in late January (after he left his juco team). I was told he was on campus visiting in last couple of weeks too. So I think if his academics are in order he will be here. You never know with A&M and Jucos and admissions
Gap
AG
MarcAg said:

Pratt was behind the Aggie bench during a game in late January (after he left his juco team). I was told he was on campus visiting in last couple of weeks too. So I think if his academics are in order he will be here. You never know with A&M and Jucos and admissions
I was at that game and around post game and saw Pratt talk to both Henry Coleman and Coach Roccaforte. My thought was that he was in town to talk to those in our program about what he had done and why.

My concern after that is there has been almost complete silence regarding him since that time. No updates on where he is expected to fit in from those sources here talking to our coaches, etc.

If he was here a couple of weeks ago, that is a positive indicator and something that I wasn't aware of.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Henderson and Brown would need a waiver anyway.
I think it's time to stop bringing up the "they need a waiver" thing. There are hundreds of players who have used their free transfer entering the portal, so the NCAA has clearly insinuated to players, coaches, and mentors/agents that the rule will not be enforced this year...maybe due to the Covid year or whatever. But you wouldn't see so many players going into the portal and committing to other teams if the NCAA didn't give the a quiet nod to do it.
Hop
Staff
AG
Gap said:

MarcAg said:

I was at that game and around post game and saw Pratt talk to both Henry Coleman and Coach Roccaforte. My thought was that he was in town to talk to those in our program about what he had done and why.

My concern after that is there has been almost complete silence regarding him since that time. No updates on where he is expected to fit in from those sources here talking to our coaches, etc.

If he was here a couple of weeks ago, that is a positive indicator and something that I wasn't aware of.
I spoke to him after the game and he did not want to get into the situation at Seward. I do know multiple players left Seward about that time. Seward had a new coach who didn't recruit Pratt or any of the sophomores, and I saw an interview by the coach after the season referring to the "bombshell" of losing several key players. Pratt had scored something like 30 points in his last game there, although his percentages were pretty low. He was taking a ton of shots...28 one game.
bobinator
AG
This is a different situation because of the May 1 deadline.

I'm just saying that those two would have to get some kind of waiver anyway because they've already used their one-time transfer, so the May 1 deadline probably isn't as big of a deal.

But if the NCAA is going to allow everyone another one-time transfer or if they're just going to issue everyone that applies a waiver then why even have the rules on the books? Just say that's what you're going to do.

But the kid from Oregon did say he got a waiver.
TAM85
NIL money may alleviate the pressure from the scholarship limit.
bobinator
AG
Not really, at least as far as I understand it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think anyone that's ever taken an official visit, or anyone that's ever received a scholarship, will count against the limit.
LawHall88
AG
Quote:

27. Dexter Dennis | 6-5 wing | senior | Wichita State

Dennis could be a nice piece if put in the right spot. He's athletic and a plus defender who can guard multiple spots. He's had a weird career at Wichita State, where he averaged 8.8 points and 5.0 rebounds in four seasons. He regressed every year as a shooter, making 40 percent of his 3s as a freshman and just 29.7 percent this year. He's at 34.3 percent for his career. So there's some hope a shot doctor could maybe get him back to a respectable percentage. He's never been a guy who can get his off the bounce, but he has slightly improved in his ability to put the ball on the floor and get in the paint. He needs to be on a team where he can focus on being a lockdown defender and then offensively be utilized as a cutter and getting out in transition, where his athleticism will play.
https://theathletic.com/3211734/2022/05/13/ranking-the-best-available-mens-college-basketball-transfers-and-high-school-recruits-for-2022-23/
Method Man
It would be insane as teams like UNC UK or Duke could just sign 20 guys and give five nil deals
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

It would be insane as teams like UNC UK or Duke could just sign 20 guys and give five nil deals
And then we get the guys the next year in the portal who are upset they played no minutes at Duke their first year.
TAM85
Just something I heard in a conversation about the amount of players on the roster.
Gap
AG
Guys that aren't prioritized in the top 13 by a coach aren't likely to come.

If you have some weird outlier who wants to come even when not on scholarship, it is a signal to a member of the 13 to look elsewhere is he wants to actually get on the floor and play basketball.

This is nice to talk about in theory, but is unlikely except in the most remote case to occur in reality.
bobinator
AG
Even if they wanted to come without a scholarship, I don't think they can.
GrayMatter
AG
a rather interesting gif of Buzz.

Know Your Enemy
AG
That was a great moment in Marquette history. I was watching live.
Complete Idiot
Decision in 10 minutes?
wacarnolds
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Decision in 10 minutes?

bobinator
AG
This is an intriguing roster. We've added length for sure.
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

This is an intriguing roster. We've added length for sure.

Next year is going to be fun. Really like how the roster is looking.
EastTX_Ag21
AG
He will thrive in Buzz's defense!! Big get!!
DeangeloVickers
AG
A huuuuge upgrade over Diarra.
bobinator
AG
BK still helping us get players
Never_seen_em_quit
AG
Interesting that he shot 40% (54/135) from 3 as a freshman but only 29.7% (35/118) from 3 as a senior. Hopefully he can find that freshman year outside shot!
Pumpkinhead
AG
We should be an elite defensive team next season.
Complete Idiot
Adding athleticism and length to this roster, 4 nice transfer additions. Curious, and maybe a bit sad, to see who gets jettisoned but the roster has been upgraded.
aggiebones
AG
Do we know for sure that the incoming freshman even signed their letter of intent?
MarcAg
AG
aggiebones said:

Do we know for sure that the incoming freshman even signed their letter of intent?

Washington and Pratt (the Juco) did. A&M announced them.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.