Dexter Dennis

9,902 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgEfan
frenchtoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How is this going to work??? Buzz needs to put down the self help books and give us answers on the roster. Now.
Tobias Funke
AG
I am 1) pretty dang stoked for this team next year, and 2) not worried about roster numbers. It's not like Buzz and the staff don't know the limits. The hand wringing is silly
greg.w.h
AG
frenchtoast said:

How is this going to work??? Buzz needs to put down the self help books and give us answers on the roster. Now.
Too much powdered sugar, again???
Fairview20
AG
Really like this guy. At worst he'll be our first or second best perimeter defender who is a serviceable shooter. At best he's our best perimeter defender who becomes a lethal 3 & D guy if he can find his stroke again and start knocking down 3s at a 38%+ clip again.

Even worst case he'll still be a huge asset and like others have said will thrive in Buzz's defensive scheme.
zooguy96
How is this going to work….LOL. Just because you don't know doesn't mean Buzz hasn't already talked to or been talked to by players or to players. I think he knows what he's doing. He's won everywhere he's been.
Complete Idiot
zooguy96 said:

How is this going to work….LOL. Just because you don't know doesn't mean Buzz hasn't already talked to or been talked to by players or to players. I think he knows what he's doing. He's won everywhere he's been.
I'm pretty sure his post was a joke. It has to be.

Right?
Topher17
AG
Great get! Dennis should fit in well. I'm really excited to see how it all comes together next season.
aggiebones
AG
I think the most concerns are that we aren't losing someone like Radford or Coleman.
But I kinda assume it's bottom roster guys, Henderson or Gordon and maybe a freshman had grade issues or something. I wasn't shocked by Diarra cause he seems like someone that would never be happy off the bench and wants long minutes.
Had to be in portal by 5-1, but if Izzy releases them are they allowed to still transfer freely?
Charlie Moran
AG
bobinator said:

BK still helping us get players

That's pretty funny right there
AggieHoopsGuy
DukeMu
What is our expected lineup next year? I'm dizzy from the portal. It's like the wormhole from Deep Space 9.
MarcAg
AG
DukeMu said:

What is our expected lineup next year? I'm dizzy from the portal. It's like the wormhole from Deep Space 9.

You can expect tons of lineup combinations. We have a ton of flexibility. Dexter Dennis will be on the court to end games. That's for sure
Hop
Staff
AG
Here's a local feature on Dennis specifically focused on his defensive ability.

Method Man
This dude is a killer.
DukeMu
Method Man said:

This dude is a killer.
40 minutes of Hell.
taylorswift13
AG
A backcourt defense of Wade Taylor, Dexter Dennis, Boots Redford………. We won't have to score so much
DTP02
AG
taylorswift13 said:

A backcourt defense of Wade Taylor, Dexter Dennis, Boots Redford………. We won't have to score so much

KK is better than Wade defensively at this point. Could also see Anderson Garcia playing the perimeter defensively when we go bigger. We've got some dudes who will frustrate opposing perimeter players for sure.
Rocinante
I Love wade Taylor. A lot. He was horrendous defensively.
bobinator
AG
He wasn't horrendous all the time, but he definitely was at times. I think he let his offense impact his defense for sure but he'll grow out of that.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

I think he let his offense impact his defense for sure but he'll grow out of that.
What does this mean?
bobinator
AG
It's a pretty common phrase. When Wade wasn't good on offense, he'd sometimes get out of sorts and let it affect him on the defensive end. You see it a lot in young players. Their shot isn't falling, they get down on themselves, then they lose focus on the other end also and become a liability at both ends. As opposed to a player who can stay locked in on defense even when shots aren't falling or they aren't getting looks on the other end.

But I think as he matures as a player he won't have that problem.
MarcAg
AG
Hop said:

bobinator said:

I think he let his offense impact his defense for sure but he'll grow out of that.
What does this mean?
It means when he is having a poor offensive night he tends to let that impact his defense on the other end.

Edit- I should have read the next post after Hop's
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

It's a pretty common phrase. When Wade wasn't good on offense, he'd sometimes get out of sorts and let it affect him on the defensive end. You see it a lot in young players. Their shot isn't falling, they get down on themselves, then they lose focus on the other end also and become a liability at both ends. As opposed to a player who can stay locked in on defense even when shots aren't falling or they aren't getting looks on the other end.

But I think as he matures as a player he won't have that problem.
it's not even just young players. Jason Kidd has been very vocal about that with the Mavs. When they aren't shooting well they often let their defense suffer. One thing he has been trying to change with the team.
AgEfan
I'm excited about this kid
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.