When should we expect to see some of our players hit the portal?

3,321 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarcAg
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know Marcus Williams is already in but we anticipate another 2 or 3 (maybe 4?) to do the same. I'm wondering why that hasn't happened yet. When is the deadline?
phorizt
just waiting to fill a prescription of red pills and then we'll hear something.
greg.w.h
AG
They can hit the portal any time, but we don't have access to it, so we are dependent on some other source telling us it happened…
Tavares19
AG
I hope none of them do and that they all work their butts off this off-season and get better
Basketball and Chain
AG
Tavares19 said:

I hope none of them do and that they all work their butts off this off-season and get better

The math has to work out somehow.
Proposition Joe
Personally I just want everyone to have fun.
gstu11
From
Verbal Commits
Texas A&M G Aaron Cash has entered the transfer portal.
agtrevino07
AG
I like Cash but he was supposed to be a shooter and not an undersized PF/C... I don't recall him taking a 3 this year. He was a good team player all year long. Good luck to him.
94chem
gstu11 said:

From
Verbal Commits
Texas A&M G Aaron Cash has entered the transfer portal.

If he's actually a guard, then I give him a ton of credit for not playing a single minute at guard all season. In college you quite often see stretch 3's and 4's playing exclusively in the post (Rasheed Wallace for example), but you don't see too many guards assigned duty down low.
phorizt
Cash shot 46% from 3 on 9 attempts per game in juco as a perimeter player. He came here and we move him to the post and he didnt shoot a single 3 all season. I thought he would make a good stretch 4 for us if we could find a competent big man in the portal but i guess that will never happen. This will be Cash's 4th school in 4 years
sincereag
Makes some sense since Cash came from a JUCO and can use the transfer portal and be immediately eligible to whatever school he chooses. I was hoping he would be the 3 pt shooter he was in JUCO but that never happened. Best of luck to Cash, he was a max effort guy and a team player.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The deadline to enter the transfer portal and play this Fall is May 1.
Method Man
This is the greatest mystery of the season other than why Q wasn't starting all along.
bobinator
AG
Still a big believer in the "he got hurt at some point" theory. Even at the free throw line he didn't look comfortable shooting it.
txag72
AG
Or, you could say, "Wow, look at the player that Buzz turned Q into by the end of the season!"
bobinator
AG
That would be a bad way to look at it.

I still don't think bringing Q off the bench was that big of a deal for most of the year. I'd have benched Williams and started Q earlier than Buzz did, but not by much.
MarcAg
AG
I agree. I don't think starting Q was that big of a deal and not really what changed this team. It was not playing Williams and changing up the offense and also playing the Henderson, Cash, Brown group less.
bobinator
AG
and Radford finally being more assertive. I think that changed us more than Q starting instead of coming off the bench.
bg92
AG
Coinciding with benching Williams, Obaseki and Hefner's minutes went up. Neither were great consistently, but they did add just a little more length. With Williams and Gordon starting, we had 3 guys 6'2" on the court at the same more often than not. I never thought that was a good idea.
bobinator
AG
Towards the end there we'd have been better playing with four defenders that were actually trying than five when Williams was on the court.

Hell, a ghost just yelling mean things would have been better.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Only a few more days for players to enter the portal. Any more players leaving or are we good as it stands?
MarcAg
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Only a few more days for players to enter the portal. Any more players leaving or are we good as it stands?
I predict more to come. No inside information on that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.