The ever changing roster Roster

14,680 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wacarnolds
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As of 9:36pm

Backcourt:
1. Quenton Jackson (1 yr of eligibility remaining )
2. Andre Gordon (3)
3. Aaron Cash (3)
4. Marcus Williams (4)
5. Hayden Hefner (4)
6. Hassan Diarra (4)
7. Jaxson Robinson (4)
8. Ladamien Bradford (4)
9. Manny Obaseki (4)
10. Wade Taylor (4)

Frontcourt:
1. Javonte Brown (4)
2. Ethan Henderson (2)
3. Ashton Smith (4)

Other possibilities:
1 open scholarship
bobinator
AG
I think we need to count Jackson as on the roster until we hear otherwise
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

He's going through workouts with the team.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I'm mentally counting him as on the team.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

Alright I've put him in the lineup so he better return
Method Man
bobinator said:

Yeah I'm mentally counting him as on the team.

Whew that's a load off
Pumpkinhead
AG
I'd be pretty satisfied with the sum of all the offseason moves if it wasn't for freaking Miller...

The Marcus Williams pickup was good enough that I was able to completely move on from the ghost of Cashius McNeilly. I really like the look of that Williams kid. But losing Miller still Leaves a major bad taste in my mouth.
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

But losing Miller still Leaves a major bad taste in my mouth.

It's going to be tough watching him ball for someone else
bobinator
AG
Is it bad I hope it's someone I don't care about?
ryange05
AG
One senior and a lot of guards. Will play small and get up and down. Hell if we just shoot 10% better from 3 we will be in more games than not. Gonna be interesting to see how buzz plays 4 guards.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

Is it bad I hope it's someone I don't care about?

Heck no. The further he goes from TX, the better.
bobinator
AG
Small is fine if you have good smalls. You can't be small and also shoot poorly and not be able to dribble. Well, you can, we saw it, but it's not good.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

Small is fine if you have good smalls. You can't be small and also shoot poorly and not be able to dribble. Well, you can, we saw it, but it's not good.

If you shoot poorly and can't dribble, it doesn't matter if you're big small or in between.
bobinator
AG
If you're huge you could just play like the Monstars
MarcAg
AG
wacarnolds said:

As of 9:36pm

Frontcourt:
1. Javonte Brown (4)
2. Ethan Henderson (2)
3. Ashton Smith (4)

Other possibilities:
1 open scholarship

Javonte Brown. 2 college games and 2 ppg

Ethen Henderson. 3 years but never averaged 2 ppg

Ashton Smith. Never played collegiately

You have to add more help inside. Nobody proven. Imagine now if one of those guys goes down with an injury too.
AGNinBCS
AG
Miller is in the portal, but why is everyone so confident that he is leaving? I'd guess that he will recommit like our veterans did last year.
MarcAg
AG
AGNinBCS said:

Miller is in the portal, but why is everyone so confident that he is leaving? I'd guess that he will recommit like our veterans did last year.

Don't you think Logan or Hop would have mentioned he might come back if they thought that was a possibility. He is gone. I would guess he and Cashius are both going to Minnesota.

Pretty sure we have never had a player go into the portal and then come back to A&M. I might be wrong. .
bobinator
AG
I know that we want higher level players, but I do feel like I have to say that Luke McGhee actually gave us some good minutes late in the season. You don't want him starting at center but he can give you a few minutes.
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

I know that we want higher level players, but I do feel like I have to say that Luke McGhee actually gave us some good minutes late in the season. You don't want him starting at center but he can give you a few minutes.

Method Man is going to throw his phone when he reads this.
bobinator
AG
That's 51% of the reason I felt obligated to say it.
Method Man
Hilarious.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

I remember watching an SEC game, not sure against who, but McGhee was playing a lot and was so athletically mismatched vs the opponent that I remember at one point rooting for him to pick up another foul so that Buzz would be forced to take him out...

My theory is if you are watching a game and hoping one of your own players gets in foul trouble so that he has to sit, that is never a good sign
bobinator
AG
I remember him actually catching and dunking the ball which Marfo and Aku couldn't do without a running start.
MarcAg
AG
McGhee is better than Aku. I will say that.
Hop
Staff
AG
MarcAg said:

AGNinBCS said:

Don't you think Logan or Hop would have mentioned he might come back if they thought that was a possibility. He is gone. I would guess he and Cashius are both going to Minnesota.

Pretty sure we have never had a player go into the portal and then come back to A&M. I might be wrong. .

I assume he's referring to the guys that put their name in the NBA Draft to get evaluated and then come back.

Miller's goodbye tweet seemed to leave little doubt that he was pursuing another school.
bobinator
AG
There have been some guys put their names in the portal and come back, but yeah it's rare and usually when there's a coaching change.
MarcAg
AG
Not Aggies though. He said Aggies
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

There have been some guys put their names in the portal and come back, but yeah it's rare and usually when there's a coaching change.

Has A&M had anyone who was in the actual portal but came back?
bobinator
AG
Not in basketball. I think we did in football. But then they ended up transferring later anyway if memory serves.

I guess I didn't read the part where he said last year's seniors. No clue what he's talking about there.
Method Man
But that's only because Aku is the worst basketball player we've had in the last twenty years. Honestly, McGhee or whatever his name is is serviceable. I'll concede.
AGNinBCS
AG
I must have misremembered, and I also must have missed Miller's farewell tweet. Thanks for putting my hope in check.
CactusThomas
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

bobinator said:

I remember watching an SEC game, not sure against who, but McGhee was playing a lot and was so athletically mismatched vs the opponent that I remember at one point rooting for him to pick up another foul so that Buzz would be forced to take him out...

My theory is if you are watching a game and hoping one of your own players gets in foul trouble so that he has to sit, that is never a good sign

bobinator
AG
If Aku and Luis Clemente play one on one to 11, does anyone win before the heat death of the universe?
dcaggie04
AG
bobinator said:

If Aku and Luis Clemente play one on one to 11, does anyone win before the heat death of the universe?

Clemente made a 3 pointer once. Saw it with my own eyes. That should give him the edge.
Double Diamond
This is a roster that should be much improved.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.